This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Movie Looks Like A Strech

Does anyboy really believe that there will be a third movie? I mean that there are some people that have seen the movie and said it totally blowed. The fact that there is only 30,000 people who may know about it through this web site MGM is probably looking to the fact that all the fans of the series which was over 2.5 milllion so that MGM makes a profit. There has been no advertising on TV yet so the chances of a third movie are sinking.
    (WHAT DO YOU THINK?)

The third movie has already been pitched, the chances of us getting one are extremely high. Only 30,000 people knowing about the movie? Don't be ridiculous, the season box sets sell like hot cakes, and the movies are aimed at the same market. Why would there have been any advertising on TV, the first movie won't be released for another 2 months! MGM have already done their homework, according to Rob Cooper their sales projections predict that bar some freak intervention the movies will sell, and sell well. I think the chances of us not getting a third movie are slim.

Comment

I hope we will get 4th and 5th movie too, but the AoT has to be successful and the strike should end at least until May to get the third movie in this year.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis21 View Post
        Does anyboy really believe that there will be a third movie? I mean that there are some people that have seen the movie and said it totally blowed. The fact that there is only 30,000 people who may know about it through this web site MGM is probably looking to the fact that all the fans of the series which was over 2.5 milllion so that MGM makes a profit. There has been no advertising on TV yet so the chances of a third movie are sinking.
        (WHAT DO YOU THINK?)
        From the reviews I've read, for every one person who hated it there are twenty people who loved it! This is a good ratio no matter who you are.

I think MGM/Skiffy see SG-1 direct-to-DVD movies as a cash cow just waiting to be milked. If their projections are anywhere near accurate, I'm certain there will atleast be a third movie and probably more beyond that.

Comment

There has been no advertising on TV yet so the chances of a third movie are sinking.
          That the doesn't mean anything. The release date isn't until March 11th. They probably won't start advertising it until a few weeks before that.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
            That the doesn't mean anything. The release date isn't until March 11th. They probably won't start advertising it until a few weeks before that.
            I think they're advertising it already, Rob Cooper was talking about AoT trailers being included in FOX's another DVD releases. He also mentioned showing trailers in theaters. TV and press advertising campaign would be great idea, too.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              The third movie has already been pitched, the chances of us getting one are extremely high. Only 30,000 people knowing about the movie? Don't be ridiculous, the season box sets sell like hot cakes, and the movies are aimed at the same market. Why would there have been any advertising on TV, the first movie won't be released for another 2 months! MGM have already done their homework, according to Rob Cooper their sales projections predict that bar some freak intervention the movies will sell, and sell well. I think the chances of us not getting a third movie are slim.
              Really? Where was that announced at? I hope it gets OK'd!

Vala,

Comment

The only thing thatll kill these dvd movies is when the actors loose interest and start dropping out one by one. Otherwise theyre a good monetary investment for the studio, pads their franchise, fairly inexpensive to produce, and is a proven product and production staff. For each sg1 movie they churn out they save soo much over the run of the mill crap dvd they get pitched by nobodies.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                  The only thing thatll kill these dvd movies is when the actors loose interest and start dropping out one by one. Otherwise theyre a good monetary investment for the studio, pads their franchise, fairly inexpensive to produce, and is a proven product and production staff. For each sg1 movie they churn out they save soo much over the run of the mill crap dvd they get pitched by nobodies.
                  That and the WGA strike as Rob Cooper & Brad Wright are members of it
                  Last edited by Serebii; 07 January 2008, 11:36 AM.

Comment

well if you are right about everthing that eventually there will be advertising in the future and that there will be hopwfully more than just two or three movie and that there wll be more. BUT until we see the result i will continue to have my doubts about getting my hopes up.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                      Really? Where was that announced at? I hope it gets OK'd!

Vala,
                      http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1035

There isn't much information, but it sounds as if MGM are interested, but can't move forward because of the writers strike.

Comment

Acording to what i have heard and read that the previous writers strike lasted 5 months and this one is supose to be double that so by the time Continuum is released the strike should be over. I hope you are right.

Comment

Will seeing that the first two movies not even being out yet , There is no way to see how the movie sales are going to do ... If the first two Movies sale good like they want , then yes i could see a 3rd movie coming out ...

At the same time I could see MGM making a new show of STARGATE instead , Taking the money that they make from the movies to make a new series for STARGATE .

Comment

Wait are you talking about a fouth series along with the third the cooper and wright have planned for sci fi channel

Comment

Acording to what i have heard and read that the previous writers strike lasted 5 months and this one is supose to be double that so by the time Continuum is released the strike should be over. I hope you are right.
                              I hope that's right aswell...
                              IMO if the strike does last that long though the 3rd film could be set back as late as 2009 when they'll start filming it...

Comment

Working...
                              X