Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many shots to take out a Hive, Cruiser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many shots to take out a Hive, Cruiser?

Minus shields:

Ori ship at roughly 4,000 meters, 1-2 shots.

Aurora, roughly 1,400 meters, 2 shots.

Hive, roughly 11,000 meters. From the destruction I saw, I would estimate that a Hive can be taken out by 6-12 shots.

Depending on placement and if they wanted it to be destroyed right then without waiting for explosions to destroy the ship.

Cruiser, 500-600 meters, 1-2 shots will take care of it.

Well if they hit critical areas like the engines, no more than an Ori ship. However just blasting at random areas I'd say about 10, I reckon they'd hit something that would cause secondary explosions by then.

Comment

^Yeah, hitting a sweet spot, 1 shot ought to do it then.

I guess a detailed schematics of a Hive would come in very handy.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
        ^Yeah, hitting a sweet spot, 1 shot ought to do it then.

I guess a detailed schematics of a Hive would come in very handy.
        Yeah, essentially after they'd taken down the Ori shields one shot to their engines would've done it. So as the Hives don't have shields, really one precise hit to their engines could take out the whole ship.

Comment

Hitting the engines will at least cripple the Hive, 1 shot ought to do it.

What about the power source for the Hive, there has got be a central power source. Problem: Likely too much inside the ship to take out via 1 shot.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
            Hitting the engines will at least cripple the Hive, 1 shot ought to do it.

What about the power source for the Hive, there has got be a central power source. Problem: Likely too much inside the ship to take out via 1 shot.
            As one shot to the engines took out the entire Ori ship and as hive engines are bigger I'd say the explosion could take out 3/4 of the ship, secondary explosions could take out the rest.

Hmm I don't know, I'd say it would have to be pretty big to power the ship, I don't see them having something ZPM like. There are alot of vunerable areas around the ship without the Wraith armour, if they could shoot in there it may travel all the way to the core.

Comment

Fully functional Death Star 2: going from the size, two to three shots. Top.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
              X