Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARK OF TRUTH Soundtrack

Hey there,
    does anybody know if there will be a soundtrack cd release for the AOT motion picture? The music seems to be modelled after david arnold's 1995's stargate soundtrack, right?
    Thanks and cheers

Originally posted by gatecollector View Post
    Hey there,
    does anybody know if there will be a soundtrack cd release for the AOT motion picture? The music seems to be modelled after david arnold's 1995's stargate soundtrack, right?
    Thanks and cheers
    the opening music was ripped straight from the stargate music from the '95 movie, just the 'Goa'uld/Jaffa theme' part to it was replaced with the 'Ori Theme'. Thought it didn't sound that good tbh. Dunno about a soundtrack either - the Atlantis soundtrack that was released was kinda lame.

Comment

I thought the music was quite nice and I'd certainly buy the soundtrack
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
        I thought the music was quite nice and I'd certainly buy the soundtrack
        Where did you hear the music?

I'm sure there will be a soundtrack. I buy a lot of movie soundtracks (+ SG-1 and Atlantis) so I hope there is.
        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
          Where did you hear the music?

I'm sure there will be a soundtrack. I buy a lot of movie soundtracks (+ SG-1 and Atlantis) so I hope there is.
          what do you mean?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
            what do you mean?
            You said you thought the music sounded nice. Where you talking about AoT? Or the original movie?
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
              You said you thought the music sounded nice. Where you talking about AoT? Or the original movie?
              I was talking about AoT
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah I have to admit the Ark Of Truth soundtrack was fantastic, sounded like a classic motion picture soundtrack, I would easily consider buying it.
                I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

I think especially the opening theme sounded a lot like david arnold's composition,
                  didn't it? it was quite fantastic though!!! Really great music.

Comment

The music was made by Joel Goldsmith.

I hope they will release an Ori soundtrack, which contains Season 9-10-AoT themes.

The second could be an "SG-1" soundtrack, which contains Season 4-8 + Continuum melodies.

Or they should release one for every season, because JG is so talented, that he wrote so many good song.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Is there a big enough market to warrant a release though? I'm not so sure.

Comment

I'd definitely buy it. I'm very eagerly awaiting to hear what it sounds like, since I'm a huge Goldsmith fan (father and son)! Arnold's score is among my favourites.
                        This time... it's war!

Comment

Ummmmm has anyone ever verified that the music in the bootleg version of AoT is what will be in the actual release?

Heck - they used FX placeholders in a number of places, is there any realistic expectation that they didn't just use a placeholder for the music too?
                          The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                            I hope they will release an Ori soundtrack, which contains Season 9-10-AoT themes.

The second could be an "SG-1" soundtrack, which contains Season 4-8 + Continuum melodies.
                            It's unlikely to get a mix of music from SG-1 and the movies. Assuming they made more soundtracks, I'd expect SG-1 soundtracks plus one soundtrack for each movie.

Or they should release one for every season, because JG is so talented, that he wrote so many good song.
                            That's the most likely scenario, best-of-season-# scores.

Comment

Originally posted by BloomGate View Post
                              Ummmmm has anyone ever verified that the music in the bootleg version of AoT is what will be in the actual release?

Heck - they used FX placeholders in a number of places, is there any realistic expectation that they didn't just use a placeholder for the music too?
                              Personally when I heard it, some of th sound track sounded alright/good it fitted the file perfectly but some of it just did not. I think that the music was probably final but it probably be edited quite a bit for the final release, it just sounded like rough incomplete draft to me in place, but that may just be me.

Comment

Working...
                              X