Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kay. WHAT?!?(Spoilers on leaked AOT and unending)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kay. WHAT?!?(Spoilers on leaked AOT and unending)

Okay, so i obviously won't revel alot about the leaked AOT. but here
    Spoiler:
    In a scene, the odyssey is surrounded by 4 Ori ships. all firing those big blaster thingies. in unending, odyssey barely survived 2 ori ships, let alone 4 ori ships, and they were almost wiped out in around 5 minutes. but in AOT, 4 ori ships, firing at the odyssey for around 10-20 minutes. and yes it looked around that time period, cause they had to do something with the ark. anyways, how could the odyssey surive 10-20 minutes of constant fire from 4 ori ships, and not last 5 minutes with 2 ori ships in unending?

Please reply. sorry for the spoilers. hope it wasnt tooooo much

HUGE MASSIVE PLOTHOLE! Along with others, which you can discuss here 'The Ark of Truth' General Discussion*Spoilers*-Unofficial Thread

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

They couldn't control their own ship, because of ...
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

In Unending, the Oddyssey was powering the shields, the wepons, and who knows what else. In Aot, only the shields were getting power. That would certainly help.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
          In Unending, the Oddyssey was powering the shields, the wepons, and who knows what else. In Aot, only the shields were getting power. That would certainly help.
          Don't forget they have the Asgard Core and the ZPM powering the shields

Comment

[mod edit - I know that this post has been responded to and I've left it in the responses, which have generally been sensible responses, but the post itself is edited so people reading it don't get the wrong idea about what GW considers acceptable.]
            Last edited by Madeleine; 10 January 2008, 10:13 AM.

Comment

well. in AOT, an old "friend" uses the ships power, and the asgard core is turned on in AOT, so i think the power usage is about the same. and anyways, ZPM gives alot of power, and shields dont work harder just because more energy is pumped into it. it goes maximum capacity, but not over it, and in AOT, and unending, the shields were at max. so i guess its just a plot hole. a big one. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
                Could you please stop this "plotholes" crap? Think for a second if this isn't too difficult for you, that after Unending events Odyssey went to the Area 51 and got some upgrades which helped her later?
                Oh so a few upgrades later, we can sustain continual hits from four Ori ships for 20 mins? Yeh sure.

Originally posted by Dr.Mckay View Post
                well. in AOT, an old "friend" uses the ships power, and the asgard core is turned on in AOT, so i think the power usage is about the same. and anyways, ZPM gives alot of power, and shields dont work harder just because more energy is pumped into it. it goes maximum capacity, but not over it, and in AOT, and unending, the shields were at max. so i guess its just a plot hole. a big one. lol

Comment

Could you please stop this "plotholes" crap? Think for a second if this isn't too difficult for you, that after Unending events Odyssey went to the Area 51 and got some upgrades which helped her later?
                  Why? It is a plothole, one of many. I'm sorry but we got the most advanced Asgard upgrades in 'Unending', you telling me Area 51 could increase those upgrades 20 fold? I really am in an AU where me and Nikk are agreeing alot lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                    Why? It is a plothole, one of many. I'm sorry but we got the most advanced Asgard upgrades in 'Unending', you telling me Area 51 could increase those upgrades 20 fold? I really am in an AU where me and Nikk are agreeing alot lol.
                    lol, true.

Comment

A bunch of paranoid humans can improve the Asgard's best tech...? Riiiiiiight...

Originally posted by Dr.Mckay View Post
                      Exactly.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Maybe the program McKay wrote to boost 304 shields while he was 'super-McKay' was implemented in between the events of Unending and The Ark Of Truth. And by the way, just because you can't explain something that doesn't make it a plot hole. A plot hole is a clear contradiction in the established plot.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          Maybe the program McKay wrote to boost 304 shields while he was 'super-McKay' was implemented in between the events of Unending and The Ark Of Truth. And by the way, just because you can't explain something that doesn't make it a plot hole. A plot hole is a clear contradiction in the established plot.
                          I doubt that scenario and even if he did I seriously doubt it would make the shield 20-30 times stronger. Oh so Ori taking down the Oddy's shields in 'Unending' with about 5 shots then it taking dozens upon dozens in AoT isn't a contradiction? . TPTB change things to suit the situation, they've been doing it for years, it's just getting ridiculous now.
                          Last edited by kirmit; 06 January 2008, 03:19 PM.

Comment

I doubt that scenario and even if he did I seriously doubt it would make the shield 20-30 times stronger. Oh so Ori taking down the Oddy's shields in 'Unending' with about 5 shots then it taking dozens upon dozens in AoT isn't a contradiction? . TPTB change things to suit the situation, they've been doing it for years, it's just getting ridiculous now.
                            I've given you a possible explanation, it doesn't matter whether you doubt it or not. As long as there's a possible explanation then there's no plot hole.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              okay, mckay couldn't even understand his program. remember when he created those new stuff, after he became normal, he couldn;t even understand them, and if they gave it to the asgard, and they didn't understand before their death, i doubt area 51 or any earth guys would uderstand it because they couldnt even complete the anti replicator whole planet blaster thing that the asgard completed in less than an hour.

Comment

Working...
                              X