Caldwell didn't get many lines!!! wtf!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caldwell didn't get many lines!!! wtf!

I really enjoy Caldwell's character; he is strong, gets to the point, and is not so abbrasive like Ellis.

For Caldwell to come back after being missing from SGA for so long, I would have liked to see more dialog coming from Caldwell.

Did anyone else notice this too?
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

I like Caldwell a lot too. He definitely adds depth to the cast, and a bit of tension. He's definitely evolved as a character since we first met him. I'd actually like to see Caldwell more often, even if it's without the Deadalus. But yeah, he didn't get many lines at all.
    Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
    Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Yes, we havn't seen much of him, but i have seen some major improvments to his character.

he apears to offer and show a LOT more repect for his crew and atlantis than he has at first
      Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
      (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

They tried to make Caldwell an antagonist, someone the fans would dislike, they failed. They tried again with Ellis, and failed again. They're both great characters, but I don't think the writers are going to get the fan reaction that they were hoping for.

Comment

As somebody pointed out on another thread there was supposed to be a scene between Carter and Caldwell discussing about her taking command of atlantis, but it looks like it didn't make it to the final cut, I guess it was more important to see Sheppard asking Larrin's phone number

Comment

It might make it onto the DVD, it sounds as though they will be including quite a few deleted scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              They tried to make Caldwell an antagonist, someone the fans would dislike, they failed. They tried again with Ellis, and failed again. They're both great characters, but I don't think the writers are going to get the fan reaction that they were hoping for.
              I think the whole 'Caldwell acting like an ass' thing was explained when it was revealed he was a Gould. After he had it removed, he toned down.

I'd say they did a good job with making Ellis look like an ass though at the beginning of the ep

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                I think the whole 'Caldwell acting like an ass' thing was explained when it was revealed he was a Gould. After he had it removed, he toned down.
                I don't think he has changed to be honest, and he was only a Goa'uld for one episode.

I'd say they did a good job with making Ellis look like an ass though at the beginning of the ep
                I don't, but they did a good job at writing Carter out of character.

Comment

I'm glad to have Caldwell back even in a small role. But YES give him more lines!

Comment

I really liked Caldwell's character in season 2, he brought this new dynamic in, because he was the one people had dissagreements with, but he had strong moments too.

But now its like Ellis has taken over that part (not well, might i add) and now Caldwell's been pushed to the side with barely any lines! Hmmmmph!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      A character can be an antagonist and still be liked as a character. Frankly, I thought he was initially antagonistic for the right reasons, but he has become more comfortable with those on Atlantis and what they are capable of. I liked that he added that edge of strong disagreement when he was first introduced.

As to him having fewer lines than usual, there were two ship captains on screen, so that limited the lines each would have.
                      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I thought his role in this episode was perfect, actually. I loved his line on the Cold War; it gave a personal layer to his character, IMHO.

Comment

And there probabily was not enough time to give him more lines..

Comment

Now that Ellis is around, Caldwell will have less to do. Ellis has taken over the cliched "Big Meanie" role that Caldwell had in s2. Disservice to both characters, IMO.

Comment

Woulda been cool to see Caldwells expression to Ellis getting dressed down by Carter. He had the same expression as Sheppard while Rodney was droning on, kinda of a bored tolerance. Whereas Ellis was fuming.

Wierd having Caldwell being the sympathetic captain since his intro in siege 3 o.O

Comment

Working...
                              X