January 4th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Precise count of friendly ships that entered hyperspace = 16

2 Earth ships
1 Aurora Traveler Ship
6 Standard Traveler Ships
7 Wraith Hive Ships

Battle Summary
Alpha Strike
Earth ships using railguns (yellow) and Standard Traveler ships (red) exit hyperspace and immediately open up on the enemy. No Replicator ships appear to have shields up, and 4 ships are targeted: 1 is destroyed, 2 sustain moderate damage, 1 takes light damage.

Bridge Dialogue
Ellis orders targeting of the hyperdrive with the Beam weapons, gives clearance to launch F302s and beam down Fran + Rodney's team

Main Battle
A Hive ship is taking damage while attacking a Replicator ship's shields and launching darts. The Darts follow a group of F302s in and make a run on the nearest ship, blowing through the shields and doing moderate hull damage while another ship's shields is hit by a lone STS. The view shifts and we now see a Replicator ship exploding in the background (2nd kill) as STS fire and a beam weapon pounding another Replicator ships' shields. Two others are seen taking light explosive damage. (Scene: Wraith Hive Ship transfers power to Hull Regeneration)

Two hive ships are shown taking damage as the Daedalus destroys the closest Replicator Ship with beam weapons (3rd kill). The other hive is getting hammered by 3 Replicators and the one they are attacking has shields still holding. (Scene: Caldwell encourages McKay to hurry up, and Fran begins to activate)

Yet another hive ship is taking damage as F302s fly by. Another Replicator ship is exploding (4th kill) and two more are taking shield damage, unfortunately a Traveler ship making an attack run gets destroyed (1st friendly loss) and a hive ship is taking heavy damage. Another hive ship can be seen engaging a single Replicator ship in the far background. (Carter remarks that they don't realize what's happening while Fran sucks everything in on the planet)

Multiple Traveler vs. Replicator engagements can be seen as Sheppard takes out a Replicator ship attempting to escape (5th kill), as the shot pans we can see a Hive Ship being destroyed. Fran begins to draw everything in as 2 replicator ships are taking hull damage, 2 more have their shields hit, and 2 collide into each other in the background. At this point the Replicators can't defend themselves and the battle is pretty much over.

Results
5 Replicator Ships Destroyed During Battle
1 Traveler Ship Destroyed
1 Hive Ship Destroyed
Several Hive Ships Damaged
Unknown # of Traveler Ships Damaged
2 Earth Ships Intact

MIZA
January 4th, 2008, 10:39 PM
y'know they should have come back, some alliance?

except Larrin though, she can go away , never come back

ussrelativity
January 4th, 2008, 10:42 PM

2 Earth ships
1 Aurora Traveler Ship
7 Wraith Hive Ships

Battle Summary
Alpha Strike
Earth ships using railguns (yellow) and Standard Traveler ships (red) exit hyperspace and immediately open up on the enemy. No Replicator ships appear to have shields up, and 4 ships are targeted: 1 is destroyed, 2 sustain moderate damage, 1 takes light damage.

Bridge Dialogue
Ellis orders targeting of the hyperdrive with the Beam weapons, gives clearance to launch F302s and beam down Fran + Rodney's team

Main Battle
A Hive ship is taking damage while attacking a Replicator ship's shields and launching darts. The Darts follow a group of F302s in and make a run on the nearest ship, blowing through the shields and doing moderate hull damage while another ship's shields is hit by a lone STS. The view shifts and we now see a Replicator ship exploding in the background (2nd kill) as STS fire and a beam weapon pounding another Replicator ships' shields. Two others are seen taking light explosive damage. (Scene: Wraith Hive Ship transfers power to Hull Regeneration)

Two hive ships are shown taking damage as the Daedalus destroys the closest Replicator Ship with beam weapons (3rd kill). The other hive is getting hammered by 3 RS and the one they are attacking has shields still holding. (Scene: Caldwell encourages McKay to hurry up, and Fran begins to activate)

Yet another hive ship is taking damage as F302s fly by. Another Replicator ship is exploding (4th kill) and two more are taking shield damage, unfortunately a Traveler ship making an attack run gets destroyed (1st friendly loss) and a hive ship is taking heavy damage. Another hive ship can be seen engaging a single Replicator ship in the far background. (Carter remarks that they don't realize what's happening while Fran sucks everything in on the planet)

Multiple Traveler vs. Replicator engagements can be seen as Sheppard takes out a Replicator ship attempting to escape (5th kill) and as the shot pans we can see a Hive Ship being destroyed. As Fran begins to draw everything in, 2 replicator ships are taking hull damage, 2 more have their shields hit, and 2 collide into each other in the background. At this point the Replicators can't defend themselves and the battle is pretty much over.

Results
1 Hive Ship Destroyed
2 Earth Ships Intact

Well done on a recap. Green for you.

Any screencaps?

Malakriss
January 4th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I'm still working on a way to pull HD video off my Comcast DVR, so far it's being rather stubborn. If anyone else can provide screencaps feel free, I don't know if I'll be able to.

One observation I'd like to make is that the Wraith ships seem to have taken the brunt of the damage, which makes perfect sense because the Replicators have their directive to specifically attack them. I have no doubt that if the battle continued without interference more hive ships would have been completely destroyed, probably a couple Traveler ships as well. We would obviously make a strategic withdraw at that point, with less than 10 of 30 Replicator ships destroyed and over half our fleet gone.

SG66
January 4th, 2008, 10:48 PM
that was well done. i liked how you were able to go through everything.

ussrelativity
January 4th, 2008, 10:50 PM
I'm still working on a way to pull HD video off my Comcast DVR, so far it's being rather stubborn. If anyone else can provide screencaps feel free, I don't know if I'll be able to.

One observation I'd like to make is that the Wraith ships seem to have taken the brunt of the damage, which makes perfect sense because the Replicators have their directive to specifically attack them. I have no doubt that if the battle continued without interference more hive ships would have been completely destroyed, probably a couple Traveler ships as well. We would obviously make a strategic withdraw at that point, with less than 10 of 30 Replicator ships destroyed and over half our fleet gone.

If there is a way to watch it on your computer, using the VLC Media Player, you can take easy screencaps.

Infernorhythm
January 4th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Great recap of the battle! Definitely the best on Stargate and way better than BSG. If only it had been longer, it was epic!

As for the comment on Larrin, let her stay. As someone put it, Sheppard's met his match and he likes it.

lazarus2405
January 4th, 2008, 11:53 PM
I can confirm that exactly 6 Hives successfully entered hyperspace when the retreat was sounded.

And the battle report prior to the battle over the Asuran homeworld?

Oberoth initially posesses 38 Aurora-class vessles trackable through RepliKeller's gift. The first one destroyed with Asgard technology elicits a response from Carter to the effect of "One down, thirty-seven to go".

One week later, Sheppard confirms that a total of 7 more ships have been destroyed by the two 304s through solo ambush tactics.

For the rest of the episode, the number of Asuran warships is quoted at 30. From the above count, it would seem that this number was always exact, not approximate.

triggrhaapi
January 4th, 2008, 11:56 PM
I can confirm that exactly 6 Hives successfully entered hyperspace when the retreat was sounded.

And the battle report prior to the battle over the Asuran homeworld?

Oberoth initially posesses 38 Aurora-class vessles trackable through RepliKeller's gift. The first one destroyed with Asgard technology elicits a response from Carter to the effect of "One down, thirty-seven to go".

One week later, Sheppard confirms that a total of 7 more ships have been destroyed by the two 304s through solo ambush tactics.

For the rest of the episode, the number of Asuran warships is quoted at 30. From the above count, it would seem that this number was always exact, not approximate.

38? damn, I was one off.

Integrabyte
January 5th, 2008, 04:09 AM
Well done on a recap. Green for you.

Any screencaps?

Coming right up ....

Integrabyte
January 5th, 2008, 04:24 AM
If only imageshack would load today....:mckay::mckay:

Integrabyte
January 5th, 2008, 04:43 AM
Will try with GW :P

Integrabyte
January 5th, 2008, 04:45 AM
Part 2

Integrabyte
January 5th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Part 3:

Integrabyte
January 5th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Part 4:

Integrabyte
January 5th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Part 5:

Integrabyte
January 5th, 2008, 04:51 AM
Part 6:

Lightbane
January 5th, 2008, 04:57 AM

2 Earth ships
1 Aurora Traveler Ship
7 Wraith Hive Ships

Battle Summary
Alpha Strike

Bridge Dialogue

Main Battle

Two hive ships are shown taking damage as the Daedalus destroys the closest Replicator Ship with beam weapons (3rd kill). The other hive is getting hammered by 3 Replicators and the one they are attacking has shields still holding. (Scene: Caldwell encourages McKay to hurry up, and Fran begins to activate)

Multiple Traveler vs. Replicator engagements can be seen as Sheppard takes out a Replicator ship attempting to escape (5th kill), as the shot pans we can see a Hive Ship being destroyed. Fran begins to draw everything in as 2 replicator ships are taking hull damage, 2 more have their shields hit, and 2 collide into each other in the background. At this point the Replicators can't defend themselves and the battle is pretty much over.

Results
1 Hive Ship Destroyed
2 Earth Ships Intact

Awesome recap, best fight scene ever. Much better then BSG thats for sure.

Integrabyte
January 5th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Asgard shields are better than Ancients shields? :confused::confused: 90 % of the Auroras were manned by replicators who had no idea how to activate the shield, the shield that is powered by ZPMs...4 ORI ships will KO easily this 30 ship Asuran fleet. No wonder the Ancients lost against the Wraith. This super dooper hype about the Aurora ships is just a marketing thing. I do not want to imagine what the ODY would do with the ZPM powering the Plasma weapons.

Pogo01
January 5th, 2008, 05:21 AM
What episode did the Aurora Traveler Ship appear in? Or was it this episode? I have yet to watch it.

Integrabyte
January 5th, 2008, 05:23 AM
What episode did the Aurora Traveler Ship appear in? Or was it this episode? I have yet to watch it.

In ...Travelers and this one...

g.o.d
January 5th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Asgard shields are better than Ancients shields? :confused::confused: 90 % of the Auroras were manned by replicators who had no idea how to activate the shield, the shield that is powered by ZPMs...4 ORI ships will KO easily this 30 ship Asuran fleet. No wonder the Ancients lost against the Wraith. This super dooper hype about the Aurora ships is just a marketing thing. I do not want to imagine what the ODY would do with the ZPM powering the Plasma weapons.

I agree, it was really odd to see Aurora ships being destroyed only by rail guns.

Integrabyte
January 5th, 2008, 05:36 AM
I agree, it was really odd to see Aurora ships being destroyed only by rail guns.

The good thing is that now people will stop using the excuse that the Ancients were more advanced than the Asgard. In warfare, from the moment the Ancients disappeared till Unending, the Asgard became the most advanced race. We can thank the ORI for this :P

g.o.d
January 5th, 2008, 05:49 AM
The good thing is that now people will stop using the excuse that the Ancients were more advanced than the Asgard. In warfare, from the moment the Ancients disappeared till Unending, the Asgard became the most advanced race. We can thank the ORI for this :P

and finally, we can say the Ori ships are more powerful than Aurora ships. At least their shields are

Col. Shadow Quinn
January 5th, 2008, 08:28 AM
The battle was very badass. It was the best thing in the entire SGA season 4 right now.

ussrelativity
January 5th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Thanks Integrabyte for the amazing screencaps!

loondoggy
January 5th, 2008, 10:04 AM
and finally, we can say the Ori ships are more powerful than Aurora ships. At least their shields are

Well, the Ancients were known as the Gate builders. I never heard them referred to as the shipbuilders. Now we know why!

SGFerrit
January 5th, 2008, 10:57 AM

They aren't Ancient ships. They are Asuran ships. It has basically been proven over the course of the season that the Asuran ships aren't as powerful. They can't even fire more than 1 drone at once. Ancient technology was largely based on people having a special gene to operate, and some can use it better than others, as shown by Larrin when she said her men can't fire drones as well as Shep. The Asurans don't have this gene, they had to, basically, redesign the systems so that they could be used. That is how I see it anyway, and it seems the most logical explanation.

People keep saying 'this proves the Ancients aren't as good'. These aren't Ancient ships!!! We have seen Ancient ships fire alot more drones, and take much more of a beating, even when they were already damaged.

It is even possible that these Asuran ships do not use ZPMs.

So can people pleas stop with this 'The Ancient ships are crap' rubbish. The Ancient ships aren't. The Asuran ships apparently are (or, were). Obviously the Asurans had a harder job emulating their creators than we expected.

Integrabyte
January 5th, 2008, 11:03 AM
They aren't Ancient ships. They are Asuran ships. It has basically been proven over the course of the season that the Asuran ships aren't as powerful. They can't even fire more than 1 drone at once. Ancient technology was largely based on people having a special gene to operate, and some can use it better than others, as shown by Larrin when she said her men can't fire drones as well as Shep. The Asurans don't have this gene, they had to, basically, redesign the systems so that they could be used. That is how I see it anyway, and it seems the most logical explanation.

People keep saying 'this proves the Ancients aren't as good'. These aren't Ancient ships!!! We have seen Ancient ships fire alot more drones, and take much more of a beating, even when they were already damaged.

It is even possible that these Asuran ships do not use ZPMs.

So can people pleas stop with this 'The Ancient ships are crap' rubbish. The Ancient ships aren't. The Asuran ships apparently are (or, were). Obviously the Asurans had a harder job emulating their creators than we expected.

When the Asuran ship destroyed the Traveler ship it used ,roughly, the same number of drones Sheppard fired to destroy the Aurora preparing for hyper space. It is like everyone forgot what Radek did with the Orion. When Sheppard prepared to fire I expected him to do like Radek. Nope, the Traveler Aurora behaved exactly like the Asuran Auroras ;).

The Asurans can replicate Atlantis and they cannot copy a battleship? :P

JSPuddlejumper
January 5th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Assuming the battle lasted exactly 1 minute after McKay beams down to the planet:

Primary target was the Wraith Hives (Replicators code, and they are by far the largest), 3-4 should have been destroyed by then.

Earth ships became the primary target soon afterwards, due to our way superior weapons...so it makes sense when Apollo was about to lose shields...

Traveler ships are tiny, minor nuisance, so the Replicators hardly targeted them, so realistic only 1 lost.

But 5 Aurora's destroyed: Would have been more realistic if the Aurora's were destroyed by 2-3 Hives vs one, Earth ships and Traveler Aurora or prior to getting shields up...

Lost City Antares
January 5th, 2008, 11:06 AM
They can't even fire more than 1 drone at once.If you're thinking of the attack of the replicator city in This Mortal Coil, then I think personally that it more of the replicators conserving ammo, the city couldn't attack them back, so there was no need for the "all in" attack that the human controlled aurora class ship did last season.

It is even possible that these Asuran ships do not use ZPMs. IMO I think that ZPMs are overrated, sure huge amounts of energy is well and good, but how would that make a difference if you firing a weapon such as a drone? When you get down to it, a drone is just a missile, so having 300 billion volts or what ever wouldn't make any difference from 300 volts as long as you could still fire the drones. Even for beam weapons you can't add too much power or you'd fry the weapon systems.

jdbond
January 5th, 2008, 11:08 AM
ahem, lets not forget that ancients are gone for 10000 years. So yes, the Ori ships had better fire power/shield than Aurora class ship but Ori's are ascended beings! Ascended Ancients clearly won't create an Aurora class ship. Also, Asurans did everything ancient style so they only built Aurora class ship. Also, they weren't fighting anyone for 10000 years hence their technological growth might have stopped. Same problem plagued the wraiths too. Asgards on the other hand 10000 years to pick up the slack. Ori ships on the other hand can outmatch Asgard ships.

jdbond
January 5th, 2008, 11:09 AM
IMO I think that ZPMs are overrated, sure huge amounts of energy is well and good, but how would that make a difference if you firing a weapon such as a drone? When you get down to it, a drone is just a missile, so having 300 billion volts or what ever wouldn't make any difference from 300 volts as long as you could still fire the drones. Even for beam weapons you can't add too much power or you'd fry the weapon systems.

ZPMs can provide superior shields!

JSPuddlejumper
January 5th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Certainly an Ori ship can take out an O'Neill without the upgrades.

With the upgrades, the O'Neill would own.

Asgard generator would provide 100% power to all systems. Our shields strength is not at optimal without furthur power.

Integrabyte
January 5th, 2008, 01:25 PM
If you're thinking of the attack of the replicator city in This Mortal Coil, then I think personally that it more of the replicators conserving ammo, the city couldn't attack them back, so there was no need for the "all in" attack that the human controlled aurora class ship did last season.

IMO I think that ZPMs are overrated, sure huge amounts of energy is well and good, but how would that make a difference if you firing a weapon such as a drone? When you get down to it, a drone is just a missile, so having 300 billion volts or what ever wouldn't make any difference from 300 volts as long as you could still fire the drones. Even for beam weapons you can't add too much power or you'd fry the weapon systems.

What about shields? Is the ZPM still overrated? Strength is proportional to power ...

garhkal
January 5th, 2008, 06:15 PM

Travelers, S4E5.

Detox
January 6th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Was any 302s destroyed? I thought I saw one blow up but I wasn't sure.

Ehecatl
January 6th, 2008, 02:14 AM

The shields were down because the alliance fleet got a jump on the Asurans fleet. They do damage but not much against a shield.

g.o.d
January 6th, 2008, 05:58 AM
The shields were down because the alliance fleet got a jump on the Asurans fleet. They do damage but not much against a shield.

it takes seconds to turn the shields on. And Asurans must have sensors capable of tracking incoming ships in hyperspace

Integrabyte
January 6th, 2008, 06:14 AM
it takes seconds to turn the shields on. And Asurans must have sensors capable of tracking incoming ships in hyperspace

Unfortunately, the part given by Repli-Keller allowed them to pinpoint their exact location with a 30 minute window exiting hyperspace. Now that they were all stationary, it was easier to give the coordonates throughout the fleet and attack as soon as they emerged out of hyperspace. HOWEVER, the Dedy and Apollo did not target all the Auroras at once. They took them out 1 by 1 and the remaining Auroras had to fend off less powerful weapons. They should have showed the ZPM powered shields but they did not. Had the Apollo and Dedy targeted all at the same time with the plasma beams, I would not raise this point because it is futile to raise a shield :P

g.o.d
January 6th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Unfortunately, the part given by Repli-Keller allowed them to pinpoint their exact location with a 30 minute window exiting hyperspace. Now that they were all stationary, it was easier to give the coordonates throughout the fleet and attack as soon as they emerged out of hyperspace.

yes, but every advance civilization has sensors. I'm sure Asurans had it too.

Integrabyte
January 6th, 2008, 06:37 AM

Someone said here on GW that they feel the Asurans will be dumbed down :P. They were so right.

Does Tauri retrofit = Asgard(unending) upgrades? I mean are we that smart to clone the weapons from the Ody? If yes, are they as efficient as when they are powered and regulated by the Asgard Core? :P

g.o.d
January 6th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Someone said here on GW that they feel the Asurans will be dumbed down :P. They were so right.

every powerful race is dumbed down in SG. It's their fate form the beggining

kirmit
January 6th, 2008, 07:53 AM
I thought it was cool seeing so many ship on screen but overall the battle lacked something. First of all music, a big battle like that deserved killer music to go with it, 'Camelot' style. Suspense, I mean I know Ellis said shield were running low but where's the fire? The sparks, people flying all over the place? Surprises, it all went according to plan, I love the way in 'Camelot' all the ships were losing badly, suddenly more ships arrive, you think there's hope, nope they get creamed along with the rest, BAMSR lacked that. I did like the battle but IMO it could've been alot better.

Integrabyte
January 6th, 2008, 07:56 AM
I thought it was cool seeing so many ship on screen but overall the battle lacked something. First of all music, a big battle like that deserved killer music to go with it, 'Camelot' style. Suspense, I mean I know Ellis said shield were running low but where's the fire? The sparks, people flying all over the place? Surprises, it all went according to plan, I love the way in 'Camelot' all the ships were losing badly, suddenly more ships arrive, you think there's hope, nope they get creamed along with the rest, BAMSR lacked that. I did like the battle but IMO it could've been alot better.

They should have evened a bit the odds and allow the Asurans fire a couple drone salvos like Radek :P towards the hives and towards the Apollo. The second time the Dedy saves a hive :P. I love the way Caldwell hacked and slashed Auroras :P. Apollo took more damage than the dedy :P. Talk about a reckless C. O :P

Replicator776
January 6th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I was going to ask, is there anyway to tell (from an EXTERIOR VIEW) which 304 the Daedalus and the Apollo is? Cause they show 304s fighting but I'd like to know which one is owning the replicators in each scene....

jenks
January 6th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I don't think so, I think they're identical.

high
January 6th, 2008, 05:25 PM

Yes, but sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I find it odd.

kirmit
January 6th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I don't think so, I think they're identical.

Except for the ship designations on the side.

Jagard
January 6th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Was it just my imagination, or did the 302s' missiles penetrate the Asurian shields like drones would, when the darts and 302s strafed the Aurora class ship?

garhkal
January 6th, 2008, 06:20 PM
I thought it was cool seeing so many ship on screen but overall the battle lacked something. First of all music, a big battle like that deserved killer music to go with it, 'Camelot' style. Suspense, I mean I know Ellis said shield were running low but where's the fire? The sparks, people flying all over the place?

I am surprised we did not see any sparking or flying around either. SInce in every other battle a 304 has been it we saw them like crazy..

rarocks24
January 6th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Was it just my imagination, or did the 302s' missiles penetrate the Asurian shields like drones would, when the darts and 302s strafed the Aurora class ship?

They were also being hit by Wraith dart fire.

rarocks24
January 6th, 2008, 07:05 PM
I am surprised we did not see any sparking or flying around either. SInce in every other battle a 304 has been it we saw them like crazy..

The Hive. There were no sparks.

Merlin's_Legacy
January 6th, 2008, 07:37 PM
One of the Asgard upgrades was so large it required removal of the spark generators. :D

RepliVeggie
January 6th, 2008, 11:51 PM

Plotholes.

Freekzilla
January 7th, 2008, 01:30 AM
I'll have to admit that this was a very good space battle. In fact, I think, to a Space Battle lover, this was the crack/meth hit they've been drooling over. I don't remember seeing a good battle scene like this in quite a while. And judging by the 96% of the people that voted to give a ranking of 8 or higher (9,10), I'd say that a lot of people really liked it. In fact, I don't remember seeing THAT many people voting at all for an Atlantis episode. Over 4300 people voted, over 3200 gave it a 10, 595 gave it a 9, and 269 gave it an 8! And if more people voted than usual, then that is REALLY a good sign!!!!!! Can't wait to see what the ratings for this ep are. I actually watched it both times it was on that night.

Only thing is, I would have like to have seen a longer battle, some nukes being launched up a Rep's ship's tailpipe, and for them to atleast try to steal some of the former Rep ships or ZPM's. They didn't need to succeed, but atleast try. Can you imagine the chaos if those two 304's each launched 2 Horizons right as they dropped out of hyperspace and in close proximity to the Reps so they couldn't react? I mean, just go completely balls to the wall psycho crazy and unload on the Reps like it's going out of style or something. After all, there are three ways to avoid a future fight:

1.) apologize/capitulate to your enemy's demands/needs
2.) run away and hide
3.) scare the ever lovin crap out of them :D

Anyways....best episode this season by far.

SG-18
January 7th, 2008, 07:04 AM
How cool would it have been if we had captured a dozen or more replicator ships after the crew had been "dissessembled". We could have sent five to earth, five at atlantis and given Larrins peeps some, secure their friendship. Then keep two auroras in orbit all the time, one goes to Alpha site. Assuming you can add asguard upgrades to rep ships, they would be so frekin powerful.

[SGC_ReplicĂ…tors]
January 7th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Still the time factor to even capture a few warships is kinda pushing it they knew before that the planet would of blown to pieces when they had the meeting on atlantis, and besides...

...im pretty sure that they have enough knowledge on the aurora class ships on Larrin's Ship when they got it battle ready...

Also Now that the Earth Ships are effectively better than the auroras why take them at all now? ya i know about the ZPMs but im pretty sure the power requirements plot is i think done since the gate bridge between the 2 galaxy just jumps one gate to the other.

Can some1 explain during the huge bug ass battle, about the red Lasers i dunno where they where coming from looked like it was coming from the smaller traveler ships or the hive ships.

Integrabyte
January 7th, 2008, 10:31 AM
How cool would it have been if we had captured a dozen or more replicator ships after the crew had been "dissessembled". We could have sent five to earth, five at atlantis and given Larrins peeps some, secure their friendship. Then keep two auroras in orbit all the time, one goes to Alpha site. Assuming you can add asguard upgrades to rep ships, they would be so frekin powerful.

Did you notice that the ships were built out of nanites?

Freekzilla
January 7th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Did you notice that the ships were built out of nanites?

No, the Replicator Aurora ships were NOT made out of nanites. That is completely wrong. What you saw was the nanites that made up the crew of the Rep's Aurora ships being sucked through the hulls down to the planet. The surviving Auroras were still there in orbit as the planet exploded. If they had been made out of nanites, they would have been sucked down to the planet surface as well.

ancientaction
January 7th, 2008, 11:33 AM
i must say, the fight was the best one yet.

Integrabyte
January 7th, 2008, 02:21 PM
No, the Replicator Aurora ships were NOT made out of nanites. That is completely wrong. What you saw was the nanites that made up the crew of the Rep's Aurora ships being sucked through the hulls down to the planet. The surviving Auroras were still there in orbit as the planet exploded. If they had been made out of nanites, they would have been sucked down to the planet surface as well.

Just saw the scene again and I stand corrected :P. I was overwhelmed by the CGI :P

Freekzilla
January 7th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Just saw the scene again and I stand corrected :P. I was overwhelmed by the CGI :P

That's ok. Not everyone can be so uptight and anal about details as me. :D Anyways, the scene was a bit addictive. Took me watching it 3 times to catch a lot of the details. Ten to one says that sequence shows up in some fan videos soon. How much you wanna bet? :D By overwhelmed I hope you mean good rather than the CGI was too much as in bad.

Ehecatl
January 7th, 2008, 10:48 PM
They should have evened a bit the odds and allow the Asurans fire a couple drone salvos like Radek :P towards the hives and towards the Apollo. The second time the Dedy saves a hive :P. I love the way Caldwell hacked and slashed Auroras :P. Apollo took more damage than the dedy :P. Talk about a reckless C. O :P

The Asuran ship that was head toward Larin's ship fired a salvo, but Sheppard fired a salvo at their drones and destroyed them and their ship.

garhkal
January 7th, 2008, 11:55 PM
After rewatching it last night, it looked more like the Asuran ship fired their drones in response to Sheps firing of them.. Kind of to intercept his that were homing in on thier hyperdrive.

2ndgenerationalteran
January 8th, 2008, 06:33 PM
And i didnt notice it in the begining but in the background you can see an aurora take out a hive with drones as well.

Lt. Col. Mcoy
January 12th, 2008, 08:22 AM
I made a play-by-play of the battle as I watched it that deals strictly with the space battle, and (if I may say so) is slightly more accurate in some cases than the one at the opening of the thread. Here it is:

Shot I

Allied Ships Jumping:

a. Allied Ships:

7x Hives

2x 304s

8x Traveler Ships

1x Traveler Aroura

Total: 19

Shot II

Entry into System

a. Ships exit Hyperspace

b. A 304 immediatly opens up on an Aroura with heavy railguns, it flies its length, causing large explosions, but no kill. At the same time we see the Traveler's Aroura (TA) and a Traveler Ship (TS) open fire, but don't see what they're aiming at.

c. Shot continues with the same 304 (Apollo?) and a TS flying further into the Asuran Fleet.

d. First Allied kill. An Aroura explodes after being hit by several Wraith 'Falling Stars' and TS bolts. It appears to be the one they opened fire on in section b. In the background we see a hive taking serious damage, it appears to be about to explode. So far only 7 Aroura's (now 6) confirmed on this side of the planet.

Shot III

Battle Continues after Beamdown

a. 6x+ Darts fly out of hive, in background we see a hive firing ineffectively on a shielded Aroura, no apparent damage. 5x 302s join the darts in attacking an Aroura. The Aroura fires energy weapons at them (perhaps drones are really offensive and the bolts are supposed to be point defense?), but the turrets can't seem to depress far enough to hit them so close in. The Dart and 302 fire hits harmlessly on the Aroura's shields. Two darts make a kamikaze run, appear to go through (!) the shield (effect comes up, but they pass through), and hit under a 'fin', no major damage visible, though.

b. A Hive (Todd's?) and an Aroura are locked together, trading fire. (both using bolts, no 'Falling Stars' or drones) Both appear to have taken heavy damage, but the Hive looks worse. In the background we see a hive exploding.

c. (after Todd's 'regeneration' line) We see a 304 (Daedalus, judging by next scene of Caldwell averting his gaze from an explosion) swoop in on what looks to be the confrontation between Todd's hive and the Aroura, and fires 1 beam which hits the Aroura in the Bow, but doesn't seem to do much damage (?!), the Aroura responds by firing what 15 sets of what looks like (from this distance judging by relative size) around 6-8 drones, which impact but don't penetrate the 304s shield. the 304 fires another beam which hits the Aroura amidships and causes a chain reaction, blowing it up.

d. 3x 302s fly under a hive taking serious damage from an Aroura. The Aroura actually fires a single bolt at them (:)!), then resumes bombarding the hive. The 302s fly on past two TSs, which the camera follows. in the background we see an Aroura explode under fire from two Hive firing 'Falling Stars'; its weapons appear to be already disabled, it wasn't shooting back. The two TSs fly on, attacking an Aroura. One takes heavy damage and goes off-screen, and the other flies by the Aroura and is attacked by another Aroura above it. It is killed by three bolts and 8 drone groups. (again, around 6-8 drones per group)

e. Scene where Sheppard takes out another Aroura and the drones it fired at the Traveler Aroura. Below, a Wraith Hive is exploding.

f. McKay's plan works, the replicators are sucked down. End of battle.

Shot IV

Exit

a. Allied ships leaving:

2x 304s

1x Traveler Aroura

6x Hives (they screwed up! more than 1 hive exploded!)

5x Traveler Ships

The End

flameling
January 14th, 2008, 01:02 PM

2 Earth ships
1 Aurora Traveler Ship
7 Wraith Hive Ships

Battle Summary
Alpha Strike

Bridge Dialogue

Main Battle

Results
1 Hive Ship Destroyed
2 Earth Ships Intact

Wow. I didn't even know half of that and I saw the episode. I feel like giving you a green just for doing a wonderful recap. And Lt. Col. mcCoy's is wonderful as well- and your right they did screw up! I thought I saw it wrong, I might have though. Green for you to.

Morganrone93
March 5th, 2010, 03:36 AM
How many warships from the Asurans was there?

I mean, if they completly copied the Ancients with shields, ships, cities and so on.

Why the heck didnt they have a bigass shield protecting entire planet, preventing them from, to say, beaming down to the planet in the first place. Unlimited amounts of ZPMs, and the ships shields and drones are weak like hell, compared to when we have drones or the shields, its superb.

If the Asurans was smart, why not have like 3-4 ZPMs powering each ship? That would be freaking impossible to destroy, or why not use something like the killer beam nearly destroying our Atlantis, that shield on the killer beam was impossible to destroy, why not use something similear on the ships itself, a killerdeathbeam like that would one hit everything.

Sorry for writing so badly.

g.o.d
March 11th, 2010, 10:55 PM
How many warships from the Asurans was there?

I mean, if they completly copied the Ancients with shields, ships, cities and so on.

Why the heck didnt they have a bigass shield protecting entire planet, preventing them from, to say, beaming down to the planet in the first place. Unlimited amounts of ZPMs, and the ships shields and drones are weak like hell, compared to when we have drones or the shields, its superb.

If the Asurans was smart, why not have like 3-4 ZPMs powering each ship? That would be freaking impossible to destroy, or why not use something like the killer beam nearly destroying our Atlantis, that shield on the killer beam was impossible to destroy, why not use something similear on the ships itself, a killerdeathbeam like that would one hit everything.

Sorry for writing so badly.

Assurans had a few dozens of Aurora warships. However they weren't doing anything. This was one of stupidest space battle I've ever seen

thekillman
March 11th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Weir and her faction probably used some virus to stupidify them.

anyway, i blame Badass Decay

asdf1239
March 30th, 2010, 03:16 PM
i guess the battle looked nice but it was hilariously illogical