PDA

View Full Version : All those Aurora-Classes and ZPMs...

Land010
January 4th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Did it sort of annoy anyone that even though they knew all the Asurans were going to hypercondense into some superhuge godzilla RepliBlob, and and knowing they have two ships with Asgard beam technology: they didn't attempt to set up teams to loot the city or ships as they did in the first episode of the season post-RepliBobification?

I mean they had a golden opertunity to pick up all but six Asuran ZPMs (in the end even those six) while the RepliBlob formed. Or Beam on some of the ships and grab some ZPMs or the ships themselves. They know how to pilot an Aurora-Class already, and alot of people have the ATA Gene now, it would be completely possible. They could have at least stolen some of the smaller still hyperdrive able ships from This Mortal Coil.

Granted I know they tried to take out the hyperdrives and strand the ships so that sort of explains the lack of ship stealing but come on... aquiring ZPMs is like priority number one. McKay seemed to have beemed into a ZPM room with Ronan and crew, he could of at least grabbed that one when the RepliBlob formed and he knew a ZPM overload wasn't going to happen.

I know the creators don't want to overpower or overendow our heroes but I just couldn't believe some of this stuff didn't come up.

fugiman
January 4th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Thats what I have been saying and it pissed me off so much that we didn't get anything at all and their was so much for the taking. It was like christmas but instead of presnets everyone just left

Land010
January 4th, 2008, 08:52 PM
I was hoping that the next episode "Spoils of War" would be about this, but when the planet blew I knew everything was destroyed. And Spoils of War seems to be about an abandoned Wraith vessel anyways. We've already stolen one of those :(

rarocks24
January 4th, 2008, 08:53 PM
I was hoping that the next episode "Spoils of War" would be about this, but when the planet blew I knew everything was destroyed. And Spoils of War seems to be about an abandoned Wraith vessel anyways. We've already stolen one of those :(

Pfft...why not another. Besides, that one took a couple of nuke hits, this one seems to be a lot more, salvageable.

fugiman
January 4th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Now that I think about I don't even know if I would want those piece of crap rep ships they were so weak it was not even funny

TheGreatLordGeorge
January 4th, 2008, 09:08 PM
i thought it was a good episode

Arative
January 4th, 2008, 09:17 PM
No it didn't make me mad they didn't get any loot.
First, the plan was to use the ZPM's the detonate the repi-blob. When that didn't work out, Mckay changed the repli-blob to sink into the planets crust. From the time that happened to the time the planet exploded was a very short amount of time. Looked like they basically had time to beam the team up and go into hyperspace.

As far the aurora class ships, when the replicators were being sucked down into the planet, it compromised the hulls of the ships, rendering them useless. The ships themselves were powerful, the shields were overwhelmed by a lot of darts and rail gun fire, draining their power. Similar to how the wraith defeated the Ancients in the first place.

Land010
January 4th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Now that I think about I don't even know if I would want those piece of crap rep ships they were so weak it was not even funny

Actually now that you mention it... thats true. Those Auroras really were weak. They really seemed to lack shields, what was up with that?! I mean they lasted about as long as the Orion did, and the Orion had no shields. They were ambushed though so whatever...

When Thor and the Asgard destroyed the Replicator ship in New Order they hit it as it emerged from hyperspace when the shields were down to kick it's ass. When they first started hitting the Auroras thats what I thought was happening...

i thought it was a good episodeI did too. It's one of the best Atlantis episodes yet, a little bit fast paced but I really liked that about it. Plus it was just very visually stunning. It really blew me away.

I just wanted them to get a ZPM or a ship or something out of destroying most of the Asurans... seems fair to me.

First, the plan was to use the ZPM's the detonate the repi-blob. When that didn't work out, Mckay changed the repli-blob to sink into the planets crust. From the time that happened to the time the planet exploded was a very short amount of time. Looked like they basically had time to beam the team up and go into hyperspace. The Asurans had alot more than six ZPMs. In Lifeline they stole a ZPM just from some isolated part of the city, so there were without a doubt way more than the six they needed to blow up the planet if the Asurans have these things lying around. Keep in mind the Tria was powered by a ZPM, so it's probobly fairly standard for an Aurora Class to have a ZPM.

Eeh good call on the decompression of the ships though when the nanites were sucked down, I didn't really think about that. I mean I knew stealing ships was sort of a long shot I just wish they had thought about it or something. Stealing ZPMs seemed alot more plausible and/or likely to me. I'd just like to see Atlantis with more than one ZPM because I want to see what systems would come online with more power, could open some intresting plots up.

fugiman
January 4th, 2008, 10:15 PM
I think McKay said there were like 35 or something

triggrhaapi
January 4th, 2008, 10:46 PM
I believe there were 39 replicator ships altogether. Still, you can't overendow the heroes, as the op said. It takes away from the drama.

fugiman
January 4th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I believe there were 39 replicator ships altogether. Still, you can't overendow the heroes, as the op said. It takes away from the drama.

It was 30 rep ships

triggrhaapi
January 4th, 2008, 10:54 PM
It was 30 rep ships

By the final battle, yes, but I just saw the episode and they killed 9 of them before the final battle happened. Remember that it was the Replicators retreating that prompted the assault against them.

fugiman
January 4th, 2008, 10:57 PM
By the final battle, yes, but I just saw the episode and they killed 9 of them before the final battle happened. Remember that it was the Replicators retreating that prompted the assault against them.

I thought you meant at the final battle

lazarus2405
January 4th, 2008, 11:01 PM
This episode really makes me wonder: with the new Asgard tech, what is the need for ZPMs? Either those beam weapons are very, very efficient or we have access to Asgard ion generator technology. I'd wager on a combination of both.

As far as Auroras are concerned, it would have just been too complex and risky to try to grab one when time was such an issue. And again, the power of the 304s now makes it practically a non-issue.

triggrhaapi
January 4th, 2008, 11:04 PM
This episode really makes me wonder: with the new Asgard tech, what is the need for ZPMs? Either those beam weapons are very, very efficient or we have access to Asgard ion generator technology. I'd wager on a combination of both.

As far as Auroras are concerned, it would have just been too complex and risky to try to grab one when time was such an issue. And again, the power of the 304s now makes it practically a non-issue.

Which brings up an interesting point. Why have we not build a third one yet?

RepliVeggie
January 4th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Or where is the Odyssey? Cuz this takes place after the Ark of Truth (only possibly time) Also I really don't understand this tech vs tech. Either those beam weapons are beyond Ancient tech or the Replicators tech isn't up to Ancient tech. Either way need TPTB to explain. Also is it just me or do Hive ships explode with much much more force then an Aurora class ship?

darkthunder84
January 5th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Or where is the Odyssey? Cuz this takes place after the Ark of Truth (only possibly time) Also I really don't understand this tech vs tech. Either those beam weapons are beyond Ancient tech or the Replicators tech isn't up to Ancient tech. Either way need TPTB to explain. Also is it just me or do Hive ships explode with much much more force then an Aurora class ship?

Overall I thought the episode was quite well done. I actually liked the part where Colonel Ellis finally told Rodney off, because let's admit it: Rodney can be quite annoying at times. Ellis could have used a bit more tact, but still.

Regarding my theory on the Odyssey, is that the IOA wanted to have one of their 3 Asgard-enhanced battlecruisers close to home, in case some as-of-yet unknown enemy were to show up at Earth's doorstep. They don't want to get caught with their pants down, so to speak :P

I think it's safe to assume that the Ori threat was/will be neutralized during the Ark of Truth, as we saw in tonights episode, Earth had 2 Asgard-enhanced ships, and absolutely no mention about the Ori being able to track them down. If that is the case, I sincerely hope Earth creates more 304-type ships, or possibly a brand new model with more extensive Asgard modifications built-in.

Pajus
January 5th, 2008, 01:39 AM
This is one of the many plot holes it the episode

talyn2k1
January 5th, 2008, 03:42 AM
I think it's safe to assume that the Ori threat was/will be neutralized during the Ark of Truth, as we saw in tonights episode, Earth had 2 Asgard-enhanced ships, and absolutely no mention about the Ori being able to track them down. If that is the case, I sincerely hope Earth creates more 304-type ships, or possibly a brand new model with more extensive Asgard modifications built-in.

The Ori are only able to track the Asgard computer core, not the beam weapons. As the core was more of a repository than any kind of control system, there would be no need for the Daedalus or Apollo to have one. I doubt we could recreate something like that anyway.
As it stands, the only 304 vulnerable to being tracked is the Odyssey, and even then only when they have their core activated.

DR0NE^
January 5th, 2008, 04:15 AM
McKay seemed to have beemed into a ZPM room with Ronan and crew, he could of at least grabbed that one when the RepliBlob formed and he knew a ZPM overload wasn't going to happen.

McKay, Ronan and Marines beamed into the replicator core room so even if McKay wanted to, he couldn't take a ZPM as he was in the wrong place;)

JSPuddlejumper
January 5th, 2008, 05:37 AM
What annoyed me the most was the Super Weak Aurora's

I expected our ships to survive, since the Asgard weapons are shields combo are the best in the universe.

But the Hives should been totally decimated.

The Traveler ships were too insiginificant for the Aurora's to target, so most should have survived till the planet explosion.

morrismike
January 5th, 2008, 07:21 AM
We don't know that a lot of the zpms weren't beamed out - they just didn't talk about it.

immhotep
January 5th, 2008, 07:39 AM
This episode was amazing. The fleet was organsmic to look at but the ending, and the lack of collection and spoils really quite annoyed me. Considering how many ZPM's they have and the fact mkcay knows the location of them they should have been able to send in small teams to extract the ZPM's and the aurora fleet should have been stolen pretty easily, it would take about 40 people to steal all the remaining replicator armarda, fly it to a safe distance, then Pegasus would not fear the wraith because GOOD guys would have an ass kicking fleet.

Theres a very interesting part to this episode. For one, we can create an Asurian with ancient knowledge (she was able to out do mkcay on the repelicator's knowledge and adaptablility) but she was unable to replicate and everything. Why cant we create many many more non replicating replicators which would have all the same characteristics and knowledge of Lantians...

And as to the power of the new weapons. Man on man, they have layer caked unending, i knew they would be powerful, they had to be to take out a ori mothership but for along time it was speculated that the ZPM power boost was the main reason, now that the ships can take out auroras. We do have the most powerful ships in the universe, they are even more powerful than Auroras.....which in this episode were CRAP.

Mister Oragahn
January 5th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Did it sort of annoy anyone that even though they knew all the Asurans were going to hypercondense into some superhuge godzilla RepliBlob, and and knowing they have two ships with Asgard beam technology: they didn't attempt to set up teams to loot the city or ships as they did in the first episode of the season post-RepliBobification?

I'm sure you can't repeat that twenty times in a row.

That said, good points.
Earth attacks its enemies with weapons firing plot hole warheads.

Psyku
January 5th, 2008, 08:36 AM
btw was'nt there an aurora class ship our home galaxy or did that one already blew up ??

Land010
January 5th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Are you thinking of the Tria? It never made it. The Orion was the other one we had, though it was destroyed by the Wrait. I can't remember another Aurora-Class that we had or saw in the Milky Way.

I just really liked the word "RepliBlobification" and wanted to use it :)

ashman2
January 5th, 2008, 09:03 AM
btw was'nt there an aurora class ship our home galaxy or did that one already blew up ??

Do you mean the Tria? apparently that might be dealt with in Midway

Psyku
January 5th, 2008, 09:10 AM
hmm no not that one.

there was once mentioned they wanted to keep one. for defense arount earth against the ori. or was that the tria?

Land010
January 5th, 2008, 09:19 AM
That was the Odyssey, which is:

Spoiler Alert.
Either Chilling at Earth post AoT or doing something else. We can assume its still there because we're generating Asgard weapons from it's computer core. I assume they're leaving it at Earth because it is now the single most valuable piece of technology that we have. Atlantis maybe more so, but the Odyssey has the power to actualy generate results already due to the user friendly nature of the Asgard Core.

funks
January 5th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Granted I know they tried to take out the hyperdrives and strand the ships so that sort of explains the lack of ship stealing but come on... aquiring ZPMs is like priority number one. McKay seemed to have beemed into a ZPM room with Ronan and crew, he could of at least grabbed that one when the RepliBlob formed and he knew a ZPM overload wasn't going to happen.

I know the creators don't want to overpower or overendow our heroes but I just couldn't believe some of this stuff didn't come up.

I believe ZPM's are only important for Atlantis (the city ship) itself. I'm pretty sure the Asgard Technology handed down to earth would have included plans for better power plants for the ships.

inta
January 5th, 2008, 11:08 AM
If you think about it asgard technology is beyond ancient technology.
they were both leaders in technology, but while the ancients ascended, the asgard didn't... and then couldn't.
they had a lot more time to develop and fine tune their technology.
also it's been stated that pegasus galaxy HF replicators are not as advanced as Milky way HF replicators.

as far as ZPM's... they seem to have given up the "we need ZPM's" thing... atlantis is running fine on 3 as it is.

they couldn't just beam them away because they need to put tracking devices on them.
just because it "looked McKay beamed down to a ZPM room" doesnt mean he did.. lantean/asuran architecture is all pretty samey looking.

Mitchell82
January 5th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Thats what I have been saying and it pissed me off so much that we didn't get anything at all and their was so much for the taking. It was like christmas but instead of presnets everyone just left

There wasnt enough time to do that not to mention the plan was to overload them.

AnotherEvilAlien
January 5th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Either those beam weapons are beyond Ancient tech or the Replicators tech isn't up to Ancient tech. Either way need TPTB to explain. Also is it just me or do Hive ships explode with much much more force then an Aurora class ship?

I think you're onto something.

Even Caldwell was shocked at how fast they were able to destroy the Replican ships.

2ndgenerationalteran
January 5th, 2008, 11:49 AM
If you think about it asgard technology is beyond ancient technology.
they were both leaders in technology, but while the ancients ascended, the asgard didn't... and then couldn't.
they had a lot more time to develop and fine tune their technology.
Not true the Ancients had 50 Million years+ to develop technologically. The Asgard 30,000 years ago had gould efficient hyperdrives. The asgard probably learned a lot from the ancients, then built on it. But still they do not exceed the ancients in certain areas such as genetics and shield technology.

also it's been stated that pegasus galaxy HF replicators are not as advanced as Milky way HF replicators.
No, its been stated that their ships are made of real materials rather than replicator blocks.

as far as ZPM's... they seem to have given up the "we need ZPM's" thing... atlantis is running fine on 3 as it is.
Its running on a new one and one that is close to maximum entropy.

AnotherEvilAlien
January 5th, 2008, 11:58 AM
If you think about it asgard technology is beyond ancient technology. they had a lot more time to develop and fine tune their technology.

I think you need to watch this episode and see what ancient shields were capable of. (http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s5/522.shtml)

JSPuddlejumper
January 5th, 2008, 12:13 PM
I would think the Asgard as race are few million years old, at most 5-10 million.

In real life, humans as we know it came from Africa 200,000 years ago or so.

Ancients are 50 million+ years, could be old as 100 million I suppose.

Asurans=Ancients in knowledge.

MW Replicators ships are far harder to destroy and none can be completely destroyed by conventional means. MW reps also can fire weapons (which can include nanites) that pierce shields.

Atlantis itself has not generator much new tech, if at all: What about Lantean hand weapons? ZPMs? Nothing really.

I guess with the Asgard core thing, they can create anything, so the Odyssey is a WalMart.

Ehecatl
January 5th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Did anyone notice that the Aurora class ships were firing plasma batteries not just drones? The batteries fired much like a broadside like that of old battleships. It makes since though, it seems foolish to have only on type of weaponry on a ship so the batteries are used when there are more targets or drones are running low.

Mitchell82
January 5th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Did anyone notice that the Aurora class ships were firing plasma batteries not just drones. The batteries fired much like a broadside like that of old battleships. It makes since though, it seems foolish to have only on type of weaponry on a ship so the batteries are used when there are more targets or drones are running low.

Yeah I did. The Aurora ships hae drones and a plasma cannon I think.

ancientaction
January 5th, 2008, 02:10 PM
yep, it ticked me off, city power went down, they could have beamed up a **** load of ZPMs

and all those empy ships that they could have beamed ATA crew on and emergancy flew those ships out with.

a lot of lost loot today...

lvlister2005
January 5th, 2008, 02:55 PM
To be honest i think they had the primary mission of surviving the replicators, also they knew they would have been targeted eventually so I just think they wanted to get in their, do their job, and get out, I agree with the ships being underwhelmingly weak maybe they lacked ZPM's, maybe they wre unmanned or they were ships during construction and they put them in orbit to make room to make more ships, anyway that is what i think.

Also I think since they are allies with Larrin now, and have the replicant machine thing, they can create an inert replicator and use it to teach the team to create ZPM's, assumginly Atlantis has a ZPM making facility, and by the way isnt the Asuran planet made of neutronium and wasnt that the Asgard primary technology component.

Zar_wolf
January 5th, 2008, 03:01 PM
For all those of you complaining about the loss of Auroras and ZPMs that we could've gotten, please go back to the final scenes of the battle and notice that by the time they would have been able to get the ships/ZPMs, they would have been toast. Just as the fleet of our guys was leaving in Hyperspace the entire planet was blowing up. Rodney + Ronon and crew barely made if off the planet in time. Also, even if you beamed people onto the Auroras, they'd still have to activate the Hyperdrive, lock in the coordinates, etc. before leaving. There wasn't enough time for it. I'm sure if they had expected a larger/longer battle they would have planned to take Auroras/ZPMs, but this was supposed to be a quick and fatal strike.

If you don't believe me, go re-watch the episode.

Avenger
January 5th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I agree completely with the above post. There was not time to do so. Furthermore, all the ships were fully engaged in combat. When, exactly, would there be time to start beaming ZPMs onto the ships?

Keep in mind, they can't just say "Beam up the ZPMs" and magically know where they are exactly located. All the SGA personnel have subcutaneous transmitters that allow for quick beaming. In other cases, transmitters are placed on people so they can easily be beamed up. The same would have to be done with the ZPMs or people would have to physically go grab them and be beamed up with them.

Face it, it wasn't practical at all.

Mitchell82
January 5th, 2008, 05:34 PM
yep, it ticked me off, city power went down, they could have beamed up a **** load of ZPMs

and all those empy ships that they could have beamed ATA crew on and emergancy flew those ships out with.

a lot of lost loot today...

They didn't have time! They would have been killed had they tried.

sparkygate
January 5th, 2008, 06:00 PM
First, the plan was to use the ZPM's the detonate the repi-blob. When that didn't work out, Mckay changed the repli-blob to sink into the planets crust. From the time that happened to the time the planet exploded was a very short amount of time. Looked like they basically had time to beam the team up and go into hyperspace.

As far the aurora class ships, when the replicators were being sucked down into the planet, it compromised the hulls of the ships, rendering them useless. The ships themselves were powerful, the shields were overwhelmed by a lot of darts and rail gun fire, draining their power. Similar to how the wraith defeated the Ancients in the first place.

I think you may be right about that but regardless the TPTB won't freely hand over a FLEET of Aurora class ships. Also i get that feeling that those repli-aurora ships weren't up to the standards of what the ancients built, i mean look at the travelers aurora ship, it survived the massive bombardment of (i'm assuming) drones and weapons fire from the enemy fleet and probably the friendly (most likely other energy weapons that miss) even though most of the fleet was pre-occupied with other incoming fire.

If you remember back to "Before I Sleep" the alternate-weir quoted

ALT-WEIR: The Atlanteans sent a delegation protected by their most powerful warships in the faint hope of negotiating a truce. One on one, the Atlantean ships were more powerful, but the Wraith were so many. After that great battle, it was only a matter of time.
YET we see in this episode the Asurans HAD ABOUT 30 or so aurora class ships against the incoming fleet of:
- 2 Asgard-enhanced Daedalues Class Ships --> Could take on say 6-8 Aurora Ships together, Maybe 3-4 One on One
- 1 Aurora Class Ship --> Maybe 2 Aurora Class Ship (Depends on if they run out of drones)
- 5 Travelers Ship (Smaller class) --> Most likely won't be able to stand one on one with an Aurora class ship but together MAYBE
- 7 Wraith Hive Ships --> Together could probably take on AT LEAST 2-4 aurora class ships

In ALL LOGIC the Asurans should have been able to put up a bigger battle and at least destroy more of our fleet! Because we didn't have the numbers they actually did, not only that where were the smaller or "Super" jumpers shouldn't they be in the air defending their own planet (i know if i was a council member i would either give the sign for retreat OR if there was not escape i will give the enemy one hell of a battle before i die, meaning sending ALL ships in battle)
My guess is that the Asurans once again underestimate us by not sending anymore ships to space to fight, they probably thought that they were going to win SINCE they had 30 or so Aurora class vessels.

Lord batchi ball
January 5th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I agree with most of the posts saying it was impossible to get the ships/zpms.

One other point is that when the Reps were attracted to THE BLOB they most likely punched a hole or two in the ship and it would be void of air in some key sections. Since they most likely have the same emergenicy proceedures as a Anciet Aurora. Also we targeted thier hyperdrives and destroyed them. So escaping with them would be impossible.

inta
January 5th, 2008, 06:48 PM
If you remember back to "Before I Sleep" the alternate-weir quoted

YET we see in this episode the Asurans HAD ABOUT 30 or so aurora class ships against the incoming fleet of:
- 2 Asgard-enhanced Daedalues Class Ships --> Could take on say 6-8 Aurora Ships together, Maybe 3-4 One on One
- 1 Aurora Class Ship --> Maybe 2 Aurora Class Ship (Depends on if they run out of drones)
- 5 Travelers Ship (Smaller class) --> Most likely won't be able to stand one on one with an Aurora class ship but together MAYBE
- 7 Wraith Hive Ships --> Together could probably take on AT LEAST 2-4 aurora class ships

you gotta imagine space is pretty big up there and around orbit of a planet.
it's not every ship piled up in a small area like a demolition derby. there were probably many asuran ships on the opposite side of the planet, while the allied fleet dropped out of hyperspace in one point of attack.

the battle went rather quickly, quicker than ships in orbit would have time to redeploy to the battle site.

stargate sg1, battlestar galactica episodes, even star wars movies have shown it's a slow process getting around the orbit of a planet since there's not just one straight line and the planets gravity to think about.

Zar_wolf
January 5th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Ah, there was also one thing I forgot to mention in my previous post. Wasn't the goal of the F-302s and Darts not to do actual damage to the Auroras, but instead take out the hyperdrives, thus rendering them useless? I think so. So, most of the Auroras wouldn't be able to flee into hyperspace because of the strike team damage. And those that the strike team didn't take out were murdered by the fleet. Example is when the one Asuran ship is trying to flee into hyperspace, and is thus targeted by Sheppard and a bunch of other ships and utterly destroyed.

That and there was defiantly no time. From the time the Asurans were sucked into the blob to the time the planet imploded was about 30 seconds to a whole minute. Even if you found a ship that still might have hyperdrive still active, you wouldn't have time to fly it outta there.
~Zar Wolf

PG15
January 5th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Among the other reasons, I like to ask: have we ever beamed up a ZPM while it was still plugged into something?

It seems that, every time, we have to physically extract the ZPM, and then remove it from its holder. Beaming it out while it's still connected to stuff may lead to disaster.

Lord batchi ball
January 5th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Well I don't think it could overload the ZPM while its beamed into the ship. There has never been a instant in which that has happened. And yes it might have bad conquences for the city put in the instance in Rep city it would not have mattered much.

PG15
January 5th, 2008, 07:19 PM
But you never know.

Myles
January 5th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Well I don't think it could overload the ZPM while its beamed into the ship. There has never been a instant in which that has happened. And yes it might have bad conquences for the city put in the instance in Rep city it would not have mattered much.

For all we know it could have busted up the ZPM somehow too.

shadowhunter483
January 5th, 2008, 07:32 PM
You know I think the
Wraith tried to steal something. In the Trailer for Spoils of War, you see the one wraith scientist arguing with a crewman about how they won't jump out till he has what he needs. And you also see darts culling what seems to be the Replicator home world.

Zar_wolf
January 5th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Among the other reasons, I like to ask: have we ever beamed up a ZPM while it was still plugged into something?

It seems that, every time, we have to physically extract the ZPM, and then remove it from its holder. Beaming it out while it's still connected to stuff may lead to disaster.

No, I don't think we have. It has been hinted at that it would yield disastrous results. Also, it seems that the ZPMs maybe need to be physically extracted is that they are A)very fragile; B)either unstable or on the verge of becoming unstable or C) have some stupid built-in self-shut down protocol that would render them useless if not removed physically. Or a combination of those.

You know I think the
Wraith tried to steal something. In the Trailer for Spoils of War, you see the one wraith scientist arguing with a crewman about how they won't jump out till he has what he needs. And you also see darts culling what seems to be the Replicator home world.

First off, the Hive that we will see in "Spoils of War" is drifting in space due to damage. Also the Asuran homeworld imploded in the Last episode (which just happens to be the episode before Spoils of War as well).
~Zar Wolf

wise one
January 6th, 2008, 04:43 AM
well the darts and 302's were ment to take out the hyperdrive as we saw missiles hit the supposed area of the hyperdrive on the ship

Aerilon
January 6th, 2008, 04:43 AM
I was hoping that the next episode "Spoils of War" would be about this, but when the planet blew I knew everything was destroyed. And Spoils of War seems to be about an abandoned Wraith vessel anyways. We've already stolen one of those :(The Wraith ship we stole last, ended up being destroyed.

I think McKay said there were like 35 or something
It was 30 rep ships
By the final battle, yes, but I just saw the episode and they killed 9 of them before the final battle happened. Remember that it was the Replicators retreating that prompted the assault against them.There were 37 ships in total (at the start). One was destroyed joint by the Deadalus and Apollo, then the Deadalus destroyed three others later on, and the Apollo took out another two.

There were 30 remaining at the Replicator homeworld.

And yes, I know that only makes 36. The 37th ship would have been the one that Weir was on.

Gala
January 6th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Or is it?

I always wondered why they didnt pick up the travelers ancient battleship, or maybe they did? SO there wasn't 37 in total after all.

Just another plot hole though.

PG15
January 6th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Wait, what?

There were 38 rep ships altogether, 1 got blown up near the beginning, 7 more in the intervening week, leaving 30 to guard the replicator homeworld.

I see no plothole.

wise one
January 6th, 2008, 11:17 AM
to me 38 doesnt seem alot maybe for a planet but not for a galaxy

the asurans would of had enough resources to make atleast maybe to the point of a hundred maybe

Vulcan611
January 6th, 2008, 11:26 AM
they did not have time to build many more.

Early on It was stated that there was like 60 hives in the galaxy, why need many more.

Ltcolshepjumper
January 6th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Shep could have piloted an Aurora-Class warship back to Atlantis once the battle was over. O man, they were in somewhat perfect condition, those which weren't destroyed.

PG15
January 6th, 2008, 03:12 PM
1. There was no time.
2. Most of their hyperdrives would've been taken out.
3. Nanites would've ruptured the hull as they were pulled down towards the planet.

Ltcolshepjumper
January 6th, 2008, 03:18 PM
1. There was no time.
3. Nanites would've ruptured the hull as they were pulled down towards the planet.

I do wonder how the nanites were that strong (is neutronium strong) and if that was the case, why didn't the nanites push the ships down as well? It seemed as though the nanites just went straight through the ships. And I wonder, if Mckay was unable to make the supernanite blob sink, would it have formed into a ship? Also, something else confused me. I thought the Ancients were making the nanites to be a virus to attack the Wraith, and that they unitentionally created human form replicators. In Progeny, it was never said that they made them that way intentionally. why the change?

PG15
January 6th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Neutronium is supposed to be very strong, yeah.

And that humanoid part was a little confusing. I think what happened was that the Lantians made nanites as some kind of nanovirus, but they formed themselves into human form replicators. At first, this seemed like a great idea, so the Lantians just started creating human-form replicators instead of starting from bare nanites. But then, the reps got out of hand, and were destroyed.

I think the Hot Zone virus was created by the reps, and not the reps themselves.

Replicator776
January 6th, 2008, 03:25 PM
I do wonder how the nanites were that strong (is neutronium strong) and if that was the case, why didn't the nanites push the ships down as well? It seemed as though the nanites just went straight through the ships. And I wonder, if Mckay was unable to make the supernanite blob sink, would it have formed into a ship? Also, something else confused me. I thought the Ancients were making the nanites to be a virus to attack the Wraith, and that they unitentionally created human form replicators. In Progeny, it was never said that they made them that way intentionally. why the change?

The replicators evolved into more efficient human-form replicators cause since they were designed to be very intelligent they decided that the best way to really defeat the Wraith was to take on human form.

Lord batchi ball
January 6th, 2008, 04:12 PM
1. There was no time.

Yes

Yes

and Yes

The holes in the hull would depend on how they were pulled down (together or individually) I'll go with b. And where they were at in the ship. Since a Aurora has sensors that will close off the room if void of air (which makes no since for a machine but whatever).

And they could not pull down the ship do to the basic laws of physics.

garhkal
January 6th, 2008, 05:18 PM

That was a good observation, so i would say no we cannot beam one actively in use..

2ndgenerationalteran
January 7th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Im just gonna say what i said on another thread. Some of the ships still could have had active shields making beaming impossible. Others with shields down had hyperdrives as a priority target and within that minute or so we probably would not ask the wraith which ships they did not destroy the hyperdrives on, even if we did none of our allies at the time would tell us. Just getting that done is almost instantaneous organization, which you know is impossible.

and the ZPMs they had enough time to locate the room on the 304s sent in a squad properly remove it (or just forcefully take it in the black out) and beam back in a under a minute. Jamming is not a good excuse because they beamed a team into the Core of the city. And shield wont work because power was down and the team beamed out.

Avenger
January 8th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Well, seeing as both 304s had to actively engage in combat immediately after beaming McKay, Fran and the Marines down to the surface, you have to ask if they had the time or the ability to beam another large group of people down. Remember, the 304s were the most effective of the ships in the battle at taking out the Auroras. Leaving them out of the fight would have been idiotic.

AnotherEvilAlien
January 13th, 2008, 02:51 AM
I do wonder how the nanites were that strong (is neutronium strong) and if that was the case, why didn't the nanites push the ships down as well?

The nanites were being so strongly pulled that it just ripped holes in the hull of the ship.

Magnetic forces that strong would make the bulkheads probably just give way. I'm surprised the nanites being pulled through the Aurora-class ships wasn't more violent, actually.

HotOne
January 15th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I believe ZPM's are only important for Atlantis (the city ship) itself. I'm pretty sure the Asgard Technology handed down to earth would have included plans for better power plants for the ships.

If you watch Spoils of War you'll see that the team again tries to obtain ZPMs. There is no way the Asgard power core rivals a ZPM. Even if it did it is unlikely that we can replicate this technology at the present time. If we have access to a ZPM there is no reason we would turn it down except of course in BAMSR when it would have resulted in mass casualties or complete mission failure.

YutheGreat
January 16th, 2008, 04:55 AM
I was expecting the SG teams to loot ZPMs I mean either way they will need it. If they suceed. No more source of new ZPMs if they fail they will need the ZPMs to defend themselves when the Asurans retalliate.

Yes they have Asgard tech now but it will take a while to get ZPMs right.

Even if they don't use the beams why not send them in cloaked jumpers. Asurans can't detect them incomming.

As for the Auroras, I'm sure the travellers would find a good use for them.

What about the drones...didn't anybody think of the drones. Atlantis needs them to replenish their supply as well as for the jumpers after what happened in Adrift.

2ndgenerationalteran
January 16th, 2008, 09:53 PM
I was hoping that they remade a city ship and we steal one some how but that was wishful thinking.

artbrann
January 17th, 2008, 05:31 AM
I was hoping they would have prepared for the nanites being sucked down
ATA gene'd pilots in space suits
O'Neil was in a HAZ-MAT suit and controlled a chair, so why not a ship and spacesuit, strike the deal/plans with the travelers beforehand so they jump in to defend them if need be(meaning if the wraith realize and try to take them instead)
set them full burn away from the planet and beam back out, who needs hyperdrives, what lives lives, come salvage them later

as for why leave 1 of the F304s out of the fight... hell, i'd stall both just slightly, not 'noticable' but let the wraith take the brunt of the assault's lead
then blow them up too ;) once the blob started forming fire on as many of the the hives engines as possible
we had to realize that once the Reps were dead, we would be back to being thought of as lunch

HotOne
January 17th, 2008, 07:37 PM
I was hoping they would have prepared for the nanites being sucked down
ATA gene'd pilots in space suits
O'Neil was in a HAZ-MAT suit and controlled a chair, so why not a ship and spacesuit, strike the deal/plans with the travelers beforehand so they jump in to defend them if need be(meaning if the wraith realize and try to take them instead)
set them full burn away from the planet and beam back out, who needs hyperdrives, what lives lives, come salvage them later

as for why leave 1 of the F304s out of the fight... hell, i'd stall both just slightly, not 'noticable' but let the wraith take the brunt of the assault's lead
then blow them up too ;) once the blob started forming fire on as many of the the hives engines as possible
we had to realize that once the Reps were dead, we would be back to being thought of as lunch

The hulls were too damaged to pilot the ships. There is no way they could fly.

As for attacking the Wraith we would have been risking further damage to our ships. Both ships were low on shields by the end of the battle. Waiting any longer would have resulted in more fire from the Wraith not to mention risking the chance of getting caught in the explosion that was formerly the planet. Plus as humans we tend to stay "above" ideas like that. For the battle we were strictly allies with the Wraith. We had an agreement and no reason to break it. We know that after the battle we are no longer allies but why risk a fight now? Assuming we have a ship on hand we could likely take out several Wraith Hives between the ships weapons and Atlantis's drones. No need to risk it at this time.

kymeric
January 18th, 2008, 07:28 AM
What about the drones...didn't anybody think of the drones. Atlantis needs them to replenish their supply as well as for the jumpers after what happened in Adrift.

No they dont, they have all of the from The Tower, it looked like thousands of drones. At most the adrift sequence used a hundred drones.

HotOne
January 20th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I think they could have used drones just like they could have used Aurora's and ZPMs. It doesn't matter if they have a lot, they would take them if they had access to them. The problem is that there is no way they could have gotten any without losing a lot of lives or ruining the mission. We have already stated this over and over.

suohryu
February 1st, 2008, 04:33 PM
ok a few things i say this epi was excellent eye candy but it leaves so many holes its crazy

lets start with asgard tech ok i see how they could blow up a aurora that has no shields up like the ones coming out of hyperspace but the ones around the planet shouldn't have been as easy even with the new asgard tech considering the asgard have stated that they are still way behind to the ancients ... if you don't know what i am talking about its the epi in which they first get anti rep weapons somewhere in the 8 sg1 season

we were out numbered by Ancient Class war ships it should have been over in seconds for us cos unless i miss something somewhere DRONES are designed to be able to phase though shields as it was in LOST CITY and considering that alot of our ships had no shields WRAITH and TRAVELLERS ships don't have shields but the aurora class do and ours do but as i understand it the drones should have just shredded us apart

but instead it was us ripping them up like tissues this epi made it seem like the ancients were low tech and that now we have surpassed them and if this is true whats the point i mean we could really just fly around Peaguses now and just take out all the wraith ships i mean like we can take a Aurora on head and win and they were more powerful the Wraith Hives so we should be more then capable to take out the Wraith now

and there is more i want to add but cant think of it now will when i do let me now what you think of these

Dragon_Heart
November 11th, 2008, 03:31 PM

some fair points, but easily solved. they could easily of taken ZPM's with them when mckay implemented the repli-blob sinking plan. The ships hulls could have easily been compensated with a thin shielding, or even not. simply because the hull is compromised doesnt mean the entire ship is. you could easily shield a small part o the ship e.g the bridge and fly it away. a draw back on that would be replicator blocks tearing through the ship top to bottom comprimising most of its systems.

it has been said that asuran ships are not as good as true ancient ships, whiich i really hope to be true. they were shocking, shields penetrated by dart fire and missiles. the hives didnt seem to put alot of shots in on the asuran ships so i dont know about zpm depletion on the ships.

-DH

escyos
June 17th, 2009, 09:17 PM
that always annoyed me too, surely they could beam down a few teams to swipe multiple ZPM's. such a waste

Dragon_Heart
July 12th, 2009, 02:14 PM
The nanites did not comprimise the hull, looking closely we can see no damage and we also now nanites can pass through solid matter bcause oberoth has done it.

Its just not to make us too powerful.

Playtime20
August 3rd, 2010, 10:59 PM
I think it would have been cool if they would have taken a couple of the Asurans Aurora Class ships and then we would have had a pretty good size fleet of Earth ships in the Pegasus Galaxy instead of just Daedalus and the Apollo Battlecruisers there