Weir's plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weir's plan?

Okay, obviously Weir is up to something, I made up this thread so that what that Weir's status with the replicators and her possible plan may be. Obviously most of this will be speculation, but who knows, someone may be close to the truth.

From where Be All My Sins Remembered left off it seems that Weir is commanding a group of replicators. How and how many, what resources does she have at her disposal, and what is she planning to do, anyone got any ideas?

It may sound a bit wierd, but I believe that some of the resources at Weir's disposal may be the Wraith. I mean think about it, it is very probable that the Wraith had an alternative motive to join forces with the Atlantis expidition other than their worry about the food supply. The Wraith still want to get to Earth and the Milky Way, because they are aware that it is a rich feeding ground. The Asurans want to destroy Earth. If the Wraith could be supplied with Intergalactic Hyperdrives by the replicators it could essentially benefit both. Yes I know that Weir would probably never want to harm humans, but we have to remember that, in a sens, she is part replicator now; she has been compromised and there is no telling how much of her is still left, whatever she is doing may be, in a way, pure instinct.

Anyone else have any ideas/theories?

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
    i think it was the real weir but she no longer has control ....she might have been taken over my the natnites (sp)
    That is exactly what I think as well. I think Weir has been taken over by the nanites within her. Next season, the SGA team will have to try and save her, at least I sure hope so. I don't want her to "die" again.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Here's another interesting thing. The Wraith never showed up at the rendezvous point. Is it possible that Dr Weir had something to do with that?
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I doubt it, they probably just thought that the Daedalus and Apollo would pwn them if they did.

Comment

I'm going the opposite direction. I think it is the original Weir with the nanites Rodney reactivated. However, I think she is exerting control over them and somehow over the ones that comprise her crew. There must be a reason they were not affected by Rodney's weapon.

I don't think she's evil, but I don't think she thinks she can return to Atlantis since she is part replicator. I think she has accepted what happened to her and is moving on. I think the group of replicators with her are part of Niam's group and they will go find a quiet spot in the galaxy (perhaps that time dilation field from Epiphany) to seek ascension.
          sigpic
          Sig by Luciana
          My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
            I'm going the opposite direction. I think it is the original Weir with the nanites Rodney reactivated. However, I think she is exerting control over them and somehow over the ones that comprise her crew. There must be a reason they were not affected by Rodney's weapon.

I don't think she's evil, but I don't think she thinks she can return to Atlantis since she is part replicator. I think she has accepted what happened to her and is moving on. I think the group of replicators with her are part of Niam's group and they will go find a quiet spot in the galaxy (perhaps that time dilation field from Epiphany) to seek ascension.
            or build a master plan to wipe out the wraith
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              I doubt it, they probably just thought that the Daedalus and Apollo would pwn them if they did.
              That too is a possibility. But I somehow doubt that. Remember those Wraith do know where Atlantis is.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                That is exactly what I think as well. I think Weir has been taken over by the nanites within her. Next season, the SGA team will have to try and save her, at least I sure hope so. I don't want her to "die" again.

Yeah....I'm hoping that is the real Weir....and all I know for sure is she better not be killed because how many almost/false deaths can one character take! Two was enough!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  or build a master plan to wipe out the wraith
                  Ah, good thought. I was going off the desire to not have anybody looking over their shoulders, but that certainly could be in general.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Luciana
                  My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                    Here's another interesting thing. The Wraith never showed up at the rendezvous point. Is it possible that Dr Weir had something to do with that?
                    That's one of the main reason's that I started thinking about if the Wraith may somehow be involved with the Wraith. I mean the Wraith joined sides with their enemy in this episode because they had something to gain. Why not join sides with another enemy if you can gain from it as well.

Comment

she said that we don't have to look over our shoulders. I think it's the group of replicators that want to ascend.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUIvan View Post
                        she said that we don't have to look over our shoulders. I think it's the group of replicators that want to ascend.
                        You know, I hadn't thought of that? Whether replicators ascending would be a good thing or a bad thing, I'm not sure. The more I think about it, the more likely that idea sounds. But, why would replicators that want to ascend follow Weir....unless they believe that she is somehow the key that will ultimately lead them to ascension. The fact that she was born human and not made a replicator may seem significant to those that she commands.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
                          i think it was the real weir but she no longer has control ....she might have been taken over my the natnites (sp)
                          Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          I'd like to think it was the real Weir, being controlled somehow by the Replicators. Their purpose is ambiguous, though--do they want simply to ascend, or do they want to do worse--replace the humans in the galaxy?

I would love to imagine a story arc that was multi-episodic where Elizabeth played the foe--and Shep and the others discovered she was the real Weir and did what they could to eventually save her--a nice, long Weir heavy storyline.

Is is possible that the "Weir Clone" from TMC was a plant by THIS Elizabeth, created to pass along that hard drive to McKay so that the Lanteans would destroy the old Replicators? That the entire TMC storyline was a set-up by the Real Elizabeth to meet this end--destroy Oberoth and his collective and take control?
                          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Equinox_Abyss View Post
                            That's one of the main reason's that I started thinking about if the Wraith may somehow be involved with the Wraith. I mean the Wraith joined sides with their enemy in this episode because they had something to gain. Why not join sides with another enemy if you can gain from it as well.
                            The Wraith wouldn't work with the Replicators at all, regardless of what they may or may not gain. I was going for those six hives (i saw one destroyed) vanishing completely and that being an interesting plot. Only flaw is, no mention of it in spoilers.

Speculation. For all we know, she could be planning her own way of wiping out the Wraith. The Wraith would never leave them in peace and they now have access to a very viable supply of resources. It was an episode in which Weir came out on top, and the Wraith and Atlantis were along for the ride.

Somehow, I doubt this won't be the last time we'll be working with the Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by Equinox_Abyss View Post
                              You know, I hadn't thought of that? Whether replicators ascending would be a good thing or a bad thing, I'm not sure. The more I think about it, the more likely that idea sounds. But, why would replicators that want to ascend follow Weir....unless they believe that she is somehow the key that will ultimately lead them to ascension. The fact that she was born human and not made a replicator may seem significant to those that she commands.
                              If I remember rightly, RepliKeller said that the human part of Weir was able to exert an 'unhealthy amount of influence on other replicators'...

Comment

Working...
                              X