PDA

View Full Version : Weir's plan?

Equinox_Abyss
January 4th, 2008, 07:32 PM
:weir:Okay, obviously Weir is up to something, I made up this thread so that what that Weir's status with the replicators and her possible plan may be. Obviously most of this will be speculation, but who knows, someone may be close to the truth.

From where Be All My Sins Remembered left off it seems that Weir is commanding a group of replicators. How and how many, what resources does she have at her disposal, and what is she planning to do, anyone got any ideas?

:wraithanime11:It may sound a bit wierd, but I believe that some of the resources at Weir's disposal may be the Wraith. I mean think about it, it is very probable that the Wraith had an alternative motive to join forces with the Atlantis expidition other than their worry about the food supply. The Wraith still want to get to Earth and the Milky Way, because they are aware that it is a rich feeding ground. The Asurans want to destroy Earth. If the Wraith could be supplied with Intergalactic Hyperdrives by the replicators it could essentially benefit both. Yes I know that Weir would probably never want to harm humans, but we have to remember that, in a sens, she is part replicator now; she has been compromised and there is no telling how much of her is still left, whatever she is doing may be, in a way, pure instinct.

Anyone else have any ideas/theories?

the fifth man
January 4th, 2008, 07:38 PM
i think it was the real weir but she no longer has control ....she might have been taken over my the natnites (sp)

That is exactly what I think as well. I think Weir has been taken over by the nanites within her. Next season, the SGA team will have to try and save her, at least I sure hope so. I don't want her to "die" again.:(

rarocks24
January 4th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Here's another interesting thing. The Wraith never showed up at the rendezvous point. Is it possible that Dr Weir had something to do with that?

jenks
January 4th, 2008, 07:42 PM
I doubt it, they probably just thought that the Daedalus and Apollo would pwn them if they did.

Ruffles
January 4th, 2008, 07:43 PM
I'm going the opposite direction. I think it is the original Weir with the nanites Rodney reactivated. However, I think she is exerting control over them and somehow over the ones that comprise her crew. There must be a reason they were not affected by Rodney's weapon.

I don't think she's evil, but I don't think she thinks she can return to Atlantis since she is part replicator. I think she has accepted what happened to her and is moving on. I think the group of replicators with her are part of Niam's group and they will go find a quiet spot in the galaxy (perhaps that time dilation field from Epiphany) to seek ascension.

Pharaoh Atem
January 4th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I'm going the opposite direction. I think it is the original Weir with the nanites Rodney reactivated. However, I think she is exerting control over them and somehow over the ones that comprise her crew. There must be a reason they were not affected by Rodney's weapon.

I don't think she's evil, but I don't think she thinks she can return to Atlantis since she is part replicator. I think she has accepted what happened to her and is moving on. I think the group of replicators with her are part of Niam's group and they will go find a quiet spot in the galaxy (perhaps that time dilation field from Epiphany) to seek ascension.

or build a master plan to wipe out the wraith

rarocks24
January 4th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I doubt it, they probably just thought that the Daedalus and Apollo would pwn them if they did.

That too is a possibility. But I somehow doubt that. Remember those Wraith do know where Atlantis is.

McKayManiacs92
January 4th, 2008, 07:46 PM
That is exactly what I think as well. I think Weir has been taken over by the nanites within her. Next season, the SGA team will have to try and save her, at least I sure hope so. I don't want her to "die" again.:(

Yeah....I'm hoping that is the real Weir....and all I know for sure is she better not be killed because how many almost/false deaths can one character take! Two was enough!!:weiranime34:

Ruffles
January 4th, 2008, 07:47 PM
or build a master plan to wipe out the wraith

Ah, good thought. I was going off the desire to not have anybody looking over their shoulders, but that certainly could be in general.

Equinox_Abyss
January 4th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Here's another interesting thing. The Wraith never showed up at the rendezvous point. Is it possible that Dr Weir had something to do with that?

That's one of the main reason's that I started thinking about if the Wraith may somehow be involved with the Wraith. I mean the Wraith joined sides with their enemy in this episode because they had something to gain. Why not join sides with another enemy if you can gain from it as well.

OSUIvan
January 4th, 2008, 07:52 PM
she said that we don't have to look over our shoulders. I think it's the group of replicators that want to ascend.

Equinox_Abyss
January 4th, 2008, 08:01 PM
she said that we don't have to look over our shoulders. I think it's the group of replicators that want to ascend.

You know, I hadn't thought of that? Whether replicators ascending would be a good thing or a bad thing, I'm not sure. The more I think about it, the more likely that idea sounds. But, why would replicators that want to ascend follow Weir....unless they believe that she is somehow the key that will ultimately lead them to ascension. The fact that she was born human and not made a replicator may seem significant to those that she commands.:weir:

Eri13
January 4th, 2008, 08:02 PM
i think it was the real weir but she no longer has control ....she might have been taken over my the natnites (sp)

I'd like to think it was the real Weir, being controlled somehow by the Replicators. Their purpose is ambiguous, though--do they want simply to ascend, or do they want to do worse--replace the humans in the galaxy?

I would love to imagine a story arc that was multi-episodic where Elizabeth played the foe--and Shep and the others discovered she was the real Weir and did what they could to eventually save her--a nice, long Weir heavy storyline.

Is is possible that the "Weir Clone" from TMC was a plant by THIS Elizabeth, created to pass along that hard drive to McKay so that the Lanteans would destroy the old Replicators? That the entire TMC storyline was a set-up by the Real Elizabeth to meet this end--destroy Oberoth and his collective and take control?

rarocks24
January 4th, 2008, 08:04 PM
That's one of the main reason's that I started thinking about if the Wraith may somehow be involved with the Wraith. I mean the Wraith joined sides with their enemy in this episode because they had something to gain. Why not join sides with another enemy if you can gain from it as well.

The Wraith wouldn't work with the Replicators at all, regardless of what they may or may not gain. I was going for those six hives (i saw one destroyed) vanishing completely and that being an interesting plot. Only flaw is, no mention of it in spoilers.

Speculation. For all we know, she could be planning her own way of wiping out the Wraith. The Wraith would never leave them in peace and they now have access to a very viable supply of resources. It was an episode in which Weir came out on top, and the Wraith and Atlantis were along for the ride.

Somehow, I doubt this won't be the last time we'll be working with the Wraith.

jenks
January 4th, 2008, 08:04 PM
You know, I hadn't thought of that? Whether replicators ascending would be a good thing or a bad thing, I'm not sure. The more I think about it, the more likely that idea sounds. But, why would replicators that want to ascend follow Weir....unless they believe that she is somehow the key that will ultimately lead them to ascension. The fact that she was born human and not made a replicator may seem significant to those that she commands.:weir:

If I remember rightly, RepliKeller said that the human part of Weir was able to exert an 'unhealthy amount of influence on other replicators'...

rarocks24
January 4th, 2008, 08:19 PM
If I remember rightly, RepliKeller said that the human part of Weir was able to exert an 'unhealthy amount of influence on other replicators'...

She also said that Dr.Weir was killed for it. Which could mean that RepliWeir is a full Replicator. The original killed and a full replicator made with her memories and personality by the other replicators, much like the human clone on the twin city.

I'm not entirely sure that the Replicators that made the clones were working with the Replicators that followed Dr. Weir, even though they may or may not have the same/similar beliefs. Dr Keller believed that they had been found and everything lost. If they had RepliWeir to begin with, why go thru such an elaborate deception/experiment?

Land010
January 4th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Is it possible that RepliKeller was never killed by Oberoth's collective and instead Weir arranged this ruse to give over the Aurora data to Atlantis in order to destroy Oberoth, all the while making it seem legitimate enough?

Thier Aurora class ship was not part of the data that Atlantis had to track, so they might have possibly excluded it intentionaly. Their intent may have been to arrange the destruction of thier opponents to seek ascension. Weir did not want to reveal herself as she believed they would think her compromised, a prisoner etc and they would attempt to make her return while she believed this was her true place now. She also may be unstable due to nanite influence. These Asurans are clearly part of RepliKeller/Niem's faction as their ship was excluded from that data and they were not at the homeworld when it was destroyed.

Eri13
January 4th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I'm not entirely sure that the Replicators that made the clones were working with the Replicators that followed Dr. Weir, even though they may or may not have the same/similar beliefs. Dr Keller believed that they had been found and everything lost. If they had RepliWeir to begin with, why go thru such an elaborate deception/experiment?

Because they still had to deal with Oberoth and the other 'aggressive' Replicators, which they couldn't destroy themselves. If Niam's group did 'steal' the real Weir away, they needed a way to destroy Oberoth without connecting to him--since he could rewrite their programming.

So this Weir develops the Atlantis we saw in TMC, and creates the clones to get them to unsuspectingly give the Lanteans the hard drive. She does this perhaps because she knows the Lanteans won't trust her directly, no matter what she does to convince them they're good--or, perhaps more plausibly, maybe her purposes aren't good (or, in my ever pro-weir mind, the replicators using her have turned her bad), and she doesn't want the Lanteans to know she's around.

By coming up with the elaborate plotline, developing the clones and getting them to get the hard drive to McKay, she gives Sheppard and the rest a 'trustworthy' method of obtaining that information--they'll believe an Elizabeth that is almost human, and who truly believes she's a clone--and now they have a way for Oberoth to be destroyed without revealing she and her faction of replicators are still out there.

What's one Atlantis and a city full of replicators, destroyed, to a batch of replicators, anyway? You can just build another.

rarocks24
January 4th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Is it possible that RepliKeller was never killed by Oberoth's collective and instead Weir arranged this ruse to give over the Aurora data to Atlantis in order to destroy Oberoth, all the while making it seem legitimate enough?

Anything's possible. All we know is Dr. Weir is in this episode and she has one line. Then whammo. But why clone Dr. Weir if the Ascension-Replicators have the real Jack McCoy? Also, there was no way for her to know that they'd ally with the Wraith to stop the Asurans. In fact, she was probably riding against that course of action, given the events of Allies/No Man's Land, in which she personally witnessed.

Thier Aurora class ship was not part of the data that Atlantis had to track, so they might have possibly excluded it intentionaly. Their intent may have been to arrange the destruction of thier opponents to seek ascension. Weir did not want to reveal herself as she believed they would think her compromised, a prisoner etc and they would attempt to make her return while she believed this was her true place now. She also may be unstable due to nanite influence. These Asurans are clearly part of RepliKeller/Niem's faction as their ship was excluded from that data and they were not at the homeworld when it was destroyed.

Where would they have gotten the Aurora from? Weir could have revealed herself at any time, but instead she chose to wait till the victors had all gone home to party. She definitely has ulterior motives, and if she's unstable due to nanite influence, then all the more reason to believe she has turned into a villain.

Keep in mind, we are all clueless as to what Dr Weir is up to. We'll find out in S.5.

Eri13
January 4th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Keep in mind, we are all clueless as to what Dr Weir is up to. We'll find out in S.5.

We hope. We've not gotten a guarantee Torri will be back for Season 5. My hope is that all of the press (or lack thereof) has been something of a ruse, too, and that she was always planned to return for a nice story arc.

But I'm going to be on pins and needles until some kind of official announcement is made. If they leave her hanging like THAT--

rarocks24
January 4th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Because they still had to deal with Oberoth and the other 'aggressive' Replicators, which they couldn't destroy themselves. If Niam's group did 'steal' the real Weir away, they needed a way to destroy Oberoth without connecting to him--since he could rewrite their programming.

Like anyone else in the galaxy could? The Wraith were pretty much broken, low on queens, population stagnating, and their food sources depleting. The Lantians had two vessels which by regrouping would render them inoperable.

So this Weir develops the Atlantis we saw in TMC, and creates the clones to get them to unsuspectingly give the Lanteans the hard drive. She does this perhaps because she knows the Lanteans won't trust her directly, no matter what she does to convince them they're good--or, perhaps more plausibly, maybe her purposes aren't good (or, in my ever pro-weir mind, the replicators using her have turned her bad), and she doesn't want the Lanteans to know she's around.

All part of an elaborate plan to give Atlantis something with the location of Oberoth's ships being tracked in real time? There's a lot of better ways to do that.

By coming up with the elaborate plotline, developing the clones and getting them to get the hard drive to McKay, she gives Sheppard and the rest a 'trustworthy' method of obtaining that information--they'll believe an Elizabeth that is almost human, and who truly believes she's a clone--and now they have a way for Oberoth to be destroyed without revealing she and her faction of replicators are still out there.

Why create a city they know would be destroyed anyways, for the sole purpose of delivering a 10x14 tablet containing ship locations?

What's one Atlantis and a city full of replicators, destroyed, to a batch of replicators, anyway? You can just build another.

Niam's group doesn't possess something that Oberoth's group possesses, lots of members, large amounts of supplies, and plenty of time. Something a small group of Asuran rebels wouldn't possess unless they were really interested in learning from Dr Weir about ascension and they just happened to have one.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm not saying I'm right. Everything we post here until otherwise stated is complete speculation.

Ripple in Space
January 4th, 2008, 09:12 PM
I think Weir is just doing what she does... leading a team to destroy the Wraith. She no longer considers herself to be an Earthling, so she's assembled her own faction of beings to carry out her quest for ridding the galaxy of the Wraith.

SaberBlade
January 4th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Firstly I believe that this is the real Weir. No RepliWeir, no assimilated Weir, no alternate personality Weir. Stargate has always given the people in the main credits very powerful character shields. The writers don't seem to be able to just kill someone off and be done with it except if they are recurring.

I believe that Weir (being herself) will be working towards the defeat of the Wraith. I could easily see her willing to sacrifice all the Asurans (minus a few ascension seekers) because it was for the greater good for not just humans but the Asurans themselves. Weir's intel should have allowed her to know that the ships used in Pegasus could easily defeat an Aurora so they the expidition can take care of the Wraith and other situations that may occur, while can work with the Asurans, give them the humanity they need to ascend while working with them properly to stop the Wraith without creating a war of attrition.

Eri13
January 4th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Like anyone else in the galaxy could? The Wraith were pretty much broken, low on queens, population stagnating, and their food sources depleting. The Lantians had two vessels which by regrouping would render them inoperable.

Going with the idea that the theory could be correct, then I'd probably assume they believed the Lantians had the best chance of destroying them. Elizabeth would know McKay could use the information to figure something out, and that the Wraith and Replicators were at war, giving the Lantians time to come up with a plan. Elizabeth wouldn't have known the method of attack, just that knowing the location of all the Replicator ships would give McKay and his team the advantage.

All part of an elaborate plan to give Atlantis something with the location of Oberoth's ships being tracked in real time? There's a lot of better ways to do that. Going back to Progeny, the problem with the replicators is that if one survives, it can re-replicate and recreate everything lost. Giving McKay the hard drive could display where all the Replicators were in one shot. In that sense, it was probably the most valuable thing Atlantis could have been given.

Niam's group doesn't possess something that Oberoth's group possesses, lots of members, large amounts of supplies, and plenty of time. Something a small group of Asuran rebels wouldn't possess unless they were really interested in learning from Dr Weir about ascension and they just happened to have one.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm not saying I'm right. Everything we post here until otherwise stated is complete speculation.

True on both ends. We don't know the purpose yet, and I could be tilting at windmills about the events in TMC. That last line could mean anything. I just hope we do get the chance to see what it means. :)

MIZA
January 4th, 2008, 09:40 PM
what the heck , what is this with making all the characters who left the show evil ?

toomanysides
January 4th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Replicator Weir, Replicator Carter... too bad they will never meet and join forces .

I hope the rest of the storyline is turns out to not be the cliche type. once can only hope.

triggrhaapi
January 4th, 2008, 10:35 PM
I think several of you have hit on some interesting ideas.

It would make more sense to me that Weir would want to destroy Oberoth so that she could work with the other remaining replicators towards their goals of ascending, and wiping out the wraith.

Also, keep in mind that all of the nanites had the anti-wraith code active, including the ones in Weir's head. Whether she was more strongly willed than the nanites is up to the writers of the show ultimately, but the evidence would suggest that the nanites won.

Also it is my belief that Weir does not want to be an enemy, if she wanted to kill humans, why wouldn't she have been helping Oberoth? He clearly wanted to do it. I think she'll be a tenative friend in the upcoming episodes.

SGADUDE
January 5th, 2008, 01:28 AM
I think there was a little hint in that last scene about Weir's plan. If you guys remember that women talking to Weir called the Asurans replicators which is interesting because these replicators call themselves Asurans not replicators. My guess is ascension is the goal of this group and as we all know to ascend a person must relieve all their burdens the biggest burden a replicator must have is the Wraith and maybe destroying the Wraith the right way unlike the way Oberoths group was doing it is their path to ascension. Also I do believe the 5th season is the final season of Atlantis and that scene was the start of the last major plot Atlantis will have my guess is we may not here much about this until maybe the second half of next season. I'm guessing there will be one last battle between earth and the Wraith and Weirs group will come and help earth defeat the Wraith which will allow them to Ascend fulfilling Niam's plan and probably giving the Weir character closure by giving Weir probably what she always wanted Ascension because if you remember throughout the series Weir would always talk about ascension with what seemed to be great interest and amazement. And also it would be real stupid if she is evil they already tried that on SG1.

SierraGolf-OneNiner
January 5th, 2008, 01:30 AM
I believe that Weir is still on our side. Furthermore for the sake of great plot twists I believe that those were flesh and blood Ancients with Elizabeth. Just think about it. Oberoth kills her and the Ancients ascend her only to descent her and some of themselves too to secretely help humanity and to destroy the Wraith. Think about it Morgan said that there were a few others who felt like her. I mean with helping us out and so on. Those could be them. By the way the ancients owe us for getting rid of the Ori. It would be to predictable and boring if they would turn out to be replicators. What do you guys think?

DetriusXii
January 5th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Here's my speculation. This is going to be the better ascended arc, much better than the Ori one. Think about it, the long running theme is that the ancients screw up and don't pay for their mistakes. The ancients have been living in a paradise while all the other races suffer because of their recklessness in leaving technology laying around.

Some other interstellar empire could have arisen and challenged the Go'uld if it wasn't for the stargates. The Asgard could have had found a solution to their genetic engineering if it weren't for Ancient technology laying around to create the Replicators. The Wraith could be challenged by another interstellar empire if it weren't for the gate system providing easy access to food. Leaving around these Replicators would be the mistake that brings them down.

And what I think is that Oberoth was an Ancient code to prevent the Asurans from seeking ascension. What other rational reason could there be? Why was Oberoth so concerned about letting Asurans do their own thing unless he was programmed to act against them? It could also explain his attack against Atlantis. It was to prevent tools of ascension from falling into the Replicators hands.

So what if Niam's faction still believed in ascension, but lied about his hostility towards the Ancients? The Ancients went to their creation and stated they were inferior. They were cast out of their creator's eyes. Anubis' goal was to ascend and create an army of hok'taurs to wipe out the ancients. This could be the Asuran's goal aswell. They want to take the Ancient down a notch and replace the Ancients. The Ori arc was a battle between ascended beings. This new arc could be a battle between the creator and the creation, a war between man and god. But in the case of the replicators, the devil and god. And I think to make room for new stories in the Stargate universe, god will fall and bring down heaven with him. The ascended plane will be destroyed in order to prevent the Replicators from obtaining ultimate power.

Of course, this is just speculation.

2ndgenerationalteran
January 5th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Oh if shes against Atlantis that would be controversial but a brilliant move

atlantis_babe34
January 5th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Bring on Glalaxtic Domination!:P joking!

I think it is the real weir, still with the nanites, but something happened in the re-coding of her nanites, she has taken over niams faction. Known that Atlantis would bomb the crap outta them and destroy them all she scampered off on her own ship to some other part of the galaxy only to return when she new the destruction.

Now if Lizzy is infact evil (one can only hope what an aweseom arc!), i think she would be against the wriath not Atlantis, they pose no threat to her now that they think all the replicators are gone.

If she has yet to decide to join the good fight or the bad one (whatever), i think mebe they become space pirates (i know what ur thinking lol) making their way across teh galaxy gaining followers and forces to defeat the wraith.

If she decides to bed "good" i think her first intention would to head to Atlantis set up a meeting to have an allience, but somehow i dont see that happeneing.

From the S3 final and when i got "spoiled" about the nanites my first theory was that she would become replicated somehow (what a guess!!) and my hope was for her to be evil (ducks as things are thrown at her) but i guess thats up to the writers now...

Spoils Of War

ok someone lied, because if you have read the spoilers on the GW website about this episode Torri is in it.. thats let me count Adrift, Lifline, This Mortal Coil, Be All My Sins Remember'd and Spoils of war.. 1,2,3,4,5 .. ok who lied?!

ascendedancient42
January 5th, 2008, 03:50 AM
What if Weir's plan is to convert all of the humans in the Pegasus Galaxy into replicators in the same way that happened to part of her brain.

This would destroy the Wraith in a peaceful fashion, unless the change was forced on people.

The result for the wraith would be the same as Oberoth's plan, only no humans have to die.

Even the Wraith could be converted, doing away with their need to feed. They might argue at first, but once all their food is gone, they might just agree. It's either that or die from lack of nourishment...

Theoretically, once all is said and done, the humans could be converted back into flesh and blood if desired, similar to the clones in 'This Mortal Coil.'

There, a peaceful solution for all the problems with the wraith. Weir would be just the type to try such a thing, too.

Chrysalis
January 5th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Bring on Glalaxtic Domination!:P joking!

I think it is the real weir, still with the nanites, but something happened in the re-coding of her nanites, she has taken over niams faction. Known that Atlantis would bomb the crap outta them and destroy them all she scampered off on her own ship to some other part of the galaxy only to return when she new the destruction.

Now if Lizzy is infact evil (one can only hope what an aweseom arc!), i think she would be against the wriath not Atlantis, they pose no threat to her now that they think all the replicators are gone.

If she has yet to decide to join the good fight or the bad one (whatever), i think mebe they become space pirates (i know what ur thinking lol) making their way across teh galaxy gaining followers and forces to defeat the wraith.

If she decides to bed "good" i think her first intention would to head to Atlantis set up a meeting to have an allience, but somehow i dont see that happeneing.

From the S3 final and when i got "spoiled" about the nanites my first theory was that she would become replicated somehow (what a guess!!) and my hope was for her to be evil (ducks as things are thrown at her) but i guess thats up to the writers now...

Spoils Of War

ok someone lied, because if you have read the spoilers on the GW website about this episode Torri is in it.. thats let me count Adrift, Lifline, This Mortal Coil, Be All My Sins Remember'd and Spoils of war.. 1,2,3,4,5 .. ok who lied?!

Torri and TPTB have said time and time again she's only in four eps, so yep, I'd say this is it for her.

The only lie that's been told is that all her eps were in the first half of the season. I believe JM said that they were originally in the first half of the season, but one was moved. I find that highly unlikely, given the fact TMC was their mid-season final, and BAMSR was the second part of that mid season final.

Zepro
January 5th, 2008, 04:33 AM
I'm not sure if this has been said, since I skimmed... but:

The whole fake Atlantis seems more and more a part of an elaborate plan to have Oberoth's forces destroyed. Firstly, it stands to reason that the fake Atlantis group of Replicators had their own Aurora vessel. They had the nav system from one Aurora, which tracked all the other Auroras. It makes sense, since it would explain why the real Atlantis couldn't track Elizabeth's ship, since it no longer had a nav system.

Secondly, since we can't tell how many ships attacked RepliAtlantis, it was possible there was only 1 - the aforementioned Aurora. It also seems extremely convenient that RepliAtlantis didn't see the enemy approaching, considering they had the means to track the enemy, and that they were so conveniently defenceless - even though they mentioned moving RepliAtlantis once in a while - which requires power.

Finally, when they're attacked from above on that random planet, the Aurora conveniently misses them every hit.

The only part that doesn't really go with this is the end of TMC where the fake Atlantis team are held up in the Jumper, but we don't actually see what happens to them. If it really was Weir's Aurora, they could've been transported back to the ship for all we know...

So yeah. My theory is that, Niam's forces plotted Oberoth's destruction, so they could do whatever they're doing in peace. Whatever that is, I don't know. Probably seeking ascension? Since they're the only faction of Replicator that we know about that aren't part of the collective...

Atlanis
January 5th, 2008, 06:32 AM
I think it was the bugafied Weir (form "this mortal coil") she use's her personal nanites to take over the replacator ship and if we know Weir bugafied or not I think her plan is to launch an all out asault on the Wrath and waging a war against the wrath but this time there is no "accadental" genoside of Humanity involved!

Atlanis
January 5th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Torri and TPTB have said time and time again she's only in four eps, so yep, I'd say this is it for her.

The only lie that's been told is that all her eps were in the first half of the season. I believe JM said that they were originally in the first half of the season, but one was moved. I find that highly unlikely, given the fact TMC was their mid-season final, and BAMSR was the second part of that mid season final.
Have you forgeten about season 5 they didn't say that she was or was not involved in season five yet and I think she will be

SGFerrit
January 5th, 2008, 06:46 AM
I believe that Weir is still on our side. Furthermore for the sake of great plot twists I believe that those were flesh and blood Ancients with Elizabeth. Just think about it. Oberoth kills her and the Ancients ascend her only to descent her and some of themselves too to secretely help humanity and to destroy the Wraith. Think about it Morgan said that there were a few others who felt like her. I mean with helping us out and so on. Those could be them. By the way the ancients owe us for getting rid of the Ori. It would be to predictable and boring if they would turn out to be replicators. What do you guys think?

Actually... When you think about it, the possibility that they were Ancients is plausible, just by the way they spoke about the 'replicators'. But then, why would Weir be THEIR leader? And why would they 'not have to look over their shoulders' anymore?

I don't think we will find out until season 5. Hopefully, Joe Mallozzi will confirm that they are going to continue with this new arc in tonights blog entry.

Ruffles
January 5th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Is is possible that the "Weir Clone" from TMC was a plant by THIS Elizabeth, created to pass along that hard drive to McKay so that the Lanteans would destroy the old Replicators? That the entire TMC storyline was a set-up by the Real Elizabeth to meet this end--destroy Oberoth and his collective and take control?

I was thinking along the same lines. I wondered if Oberoth fed RepliKeller that story about killing Weir because Weir escaped and he didn't want to admit he'd failed - that the whole story about Weir in TMC was a fabrication to cover her continued existence.

I think it's possible Weir set up the events in TMC, but that seems quite harsh for her to destroy almost the entire rebel faction just to get the information to the real McKay. She would have been taking a huge chance that the duplicates could get away from the attack and get the data to Atlantis.

I think Weir exerted more power than Oberoth ever imagined. He probably tried to have her killed but failed since her "unhealthy influence" over some of the other replicators had taken hold. I think they smuggled her out of the city and stole a ship which allowed them to monitor everything else.

Have you forgeten about season 5 they didn't say that she was or was not involved in season five yet and I think she will be

I think one reason JM has been so cagey about S5 is the need to wait for the reveal that Weir is still out there especially since her 4th ep appearance was considered spoiler info. I don't know if they'll continue this storyline in S5, but it has potential.

Col. Shadow Quinn
January 5th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Obviously get out of the debris field and go somewhere.

kirkeastmetn
January 5th, 2008, 07:38 AM
My theory is that its the real Elizabeth, and shes not secretly controlling the replicators under her control.

They follow her because their part of the faction of replicators that are seeking to ascend, and with Weir's knowledge of ascension, shes the perfect leader for them.

That being said, i agree with rarocks24, whilst it may be the real Weir, i don't think she will be an ally, i think she may be slightly compromised, in the way that she will try to seek ascensionat any cost, even if that includes destroying/or stealing something from atlantis/earth.

GateMan2000
January 5th, 2008, 08:09 AM
I think that her plans maybe to change all of the humans into human/replicator hybrids.

marty2006
January 5th, 2008, 08:12 AM
alot of people are suggesting its the original weir here but the replicators said they had killed her, why would they have any reason to lie

g.o.d
January 5th, 2008, 08:14 AM
I think that her plans maybe to change all of the humans into human/replicator hybrids.

that's what I think as well.

ascendedancient42
January 5th, 2008, 08:19 AM

Look for my earlier post on that one. I had some detailed ideas of how that might work.

kirkeastmetn
January 5th, 2008, 08:23 AM
alot of people are suggesting its the original weir here but the replicators said they had killed her, why would they have any reason to lie

Actually i believe it was replicator keller who told the team that Oberoth had killed her, but that was never confirmed.

Also theres a very simple reason for lying, if repli-keller didn't lie then john and the rest of the atlantis teams would've tried multiple rescue attempts.

However because the replicator faction devoted to ascension need her alive and with them, they had to lie about her being dead.

Psyku
January 5th, 2008, 08:25 AM
If it's the real Weir. then she will be on a darker path.
her ethics and morals all tangled up.

for now she wants to be left alone. i think this will be the whole Lt Ford situation again.

RedWolf
January 5th, 2008, 09:15 AM
in the way that she will try to seek ascensionat any cost, even if that includes destroying/or stealing something from atlantis/earth.

Great that means either Rodney or Shepard being Pegasus could be kidnapped.

Having both almost...Almost ascended.

Worst case scenario they go to Earth and kidnap a certain archeologist with experience to ascension.

Twice

Daniel Jackson also had Merlin in head.

crompton20
January 5th, 2008, 10:31 AM
one things worrying me

didnt higginson say in an interview shes in 4 eps this season but only mainly in 2 on an interview with gateworld

we've had 4 eps with her in already, i hope they dont just leave this hanging over like they have done with fords storyline

rhade
January 5th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I wouldn't think that the replicators would have any reason to lie about killing Weir. It makes sense that they would kill her if she could influence them. If my enemy could to that I might want to study them but at the end of the day it may be too great a risk if they can do it again so I think this is the replicator Weir not the original.

Jumper_One
January 5th, 2008, 12:18 PM
I think it isn't the real Weir, maybe RepliWeir or yet another DupliWeir. if the other replicators on that ship are part of Niam's group then I think she was referring to ascension. but if this wasn't the case then imo this is evil (Repli/Dupli)Weir trying to rebuild the Asuran 'empire'

Ganthet Jr.
January 5th, 2008, 12:43 PM

The fact that they said in Part 1 that she was dead, and then showed her in Part 2 possibly alive is exactly why I feel it's the real Weir. It's a literary tactic. Make the audience accept something a fact from an secondary source (you don't see it happen onscreen), and then contradict that with primary proof later.

I'm pretty sure this is the real Weir.

Jumper_One
January 5th, 2008, 12:48 PM
The fact that they said in Part 1 that she was dead, and then showed her in Part 2 possibly alive is exactly why I feel it's the real Weir. It's a literary tactic. Make the audience accept something a fact from an secondary source (you don't see it happen onscreen), and then contradict that with primary proof later.

I'm pretty sure this is the real Weir.

so what is she doing on a replicator ship? why is she working with those replicators? there's no reason to not contact Atlantis yet they don't, why? the music suggests it's evil Weir (but this can be a plot device), why does she say 'we can finally get to work'? it doesn't make any sense for the real Weir to do this stuff

ancientaction
January 5th, 2008, 02:08 PM
QR

i actually think that that is either whats left of the real Wier, or a repliclone.

that hint was given in Mortal Coral, or whatever the name of that ep was.
when the lead replicator said "she was destoryed because of what the others did in her presense" , ok, not the best quote, but close enough.

i think that she is in with the group of replicators researching ascention.

and i highly, highly doubt that they are teamed with the wraith in anyway. the replicators orginal code was to have aggresion against the wraigh, it is litterly a programed hate. even tho the replicators were given the ability to change their base code, its highly evident that they havn't removed the essentials, because they still have highly aggressive tendensies.

-excuse the hell out of my spelling today. hopefully everybody can read typo as a second language.

garhkal
January 5th, 2008, 05:20 PM
exerting control over them and somehow over the ones that comprise her crew. There must be a reason they were not affected by Rodney's weapon..

That is easy to explain away... Her ship was NOT at the battle, therefore could not get affected..

Bimmer33
January 5th, 2008, 05:26 PM
My thought is that Weir made the replicators week in some way to help make sure they got destroyed. This way she can go ahead with her plan without being bothered.

sparkygate
January 5th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Did anybody notice that she was wearing the new atlantis jacket like the one Sam wears

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f76/sparkygate/Picture1.png

because my guess is that she is the Duplicate weir because the real one never knew about the new jackets while the Dupli-Weir and TMC found out about them

Eri13
January 5th, 2008, 05:40 PM
I think it might just be costuming, to make her similar to Weir in a bad*** sort of way. She's still got on the "Weir" mock turtleneck, and the red stripes are an allusion to the Command Red Weir always wore.

TMC Weir didn't see Sam's new uniform, just those of Rodney and the jacket Teyla had. I guess it's possible that dupli!Weir could have made it to match the new jackets, but I'm not sure that would have been her first priority. :)

Lord batchi ball
January 5th, 2008, 05:41 PM
IMO it was the real Wier.

And she was a part of the Rebel Reps we saw in the previous episode. THey lied to Shep so they would think she was dead and not worry about destroying the Reps and also not to give away thier plans after the distruction of Oberaoth and his eivl clan.

I think she saw what the Reps can do but Oberaoth was down the wrong path and she intends to reform the reps into a more accepting machine.

Mitchell82
January 5th, 2008, 05:43 PM
so what is she doing on a replicator ship? why is she working with those replicators? there's no reason to not contact Atlantis yet they don't, why? the music suggests it's evil Weir (but this can be a plot device), why does she say 'we can finally get to work'? it doesn't make any sense for the real Weir to do this stuff

Exacty. That's not the real Weir.

jenks
January 5th, 2008, 05:48 PM
I don't think it was to be honest, she didn't seem in-character... but then again, with her that's almost an oxymoron...

Mitchell82
January 5th, 2008, 05:51 PM
I don't think it was to be honest, she didn't seem in-character... but then again, with her that's almost an oxymoron...

:lol: Good point. That is one thing that always bugged me. She was never the same on ep to the next.

Lord batchi ball
January 5th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Exacty. That's not the real Weir.

She stopped being the real Wier the second they injected those nanites. Her time with the Reps could have changed her, she would no longer call herself a human but a Rep and her loyalites would be with the Reps.

Mitchell82
January 5th, 2008, 06:13 PM
She stopped being the real Wier the second they injected those nanites. Her time with the Reps could have changed her, she would no longer call herself a human but a Rep and her loyalites would be with the Reps.

Well no she was still our Weir at that point. She ceased to be our Weir when she joined with the Asurans.

kurya
January 5th, 2008, 06:20 PM
I think she could be the real weir working with the Nanites to work on ascension and in exchange they can help deal with the Wraith(without using such great aggression).

I just hope they don't leave her story arc hanging like this. I mean that epliogue had so much drama... it would be a thorough waste to not develop that more!

Also she had 4 episodes.... 2 with major appearances (lifeline and mortal coil), so I am guessing this is it for season 4...I really hope they do something with this in season 5... if no mention of Weir is done in s5....I will be so pissed. grrr

sparkygate
January 5th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Hope she comes back in season 5, i actually want to see weir play as a foe and have the atlantis team have an emotional moment with weir on whether or not to destroy her... NOW that episode will attract a lot of viewers

Lord batchi ball
January 5th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Well no she was still our Weir at that point. She ceased to be our Weir when she joined with the Asurans.

Well its all on how you interput "real wier". But you get the point.:)

PG15
January 5th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Well in that case, it just sounds to me like he doesn't like Torri's portrayl. While bashing actors outright (i.e. about their looks) is against the rules, saying that you don't like their acting should be within the realm of criticism of the show/actor. I mean, I've said many times that I don't like some guest star's acting, but that shouldn't be a problem.

TameFarrar
January 5th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Ok Folks :)

This here thread topic is *Weir's Plan*.
Now whether you like/love or not like/love this character is not really a *Discussion topic*

However, Folks are allowed to express their own opinion of the Character AND the acting performance if it is relevant to their opinion of the TOPIC which I will remind you again is *Weir's Plan* be it positive OR negative.

If anyone has an issue with another member's PERSONAL opinion you are more than welcome to discuss that OPINION. However, personal disputes are for PM and will be removed from the thread.

So if you can't agree to disagree on ANY aspect within the topic of this thread then I am going to suggest you move on to another thread to play.

Thank You
TameFarrar
GateWorld Moderator

kymeric
January 5th, 2008, 09:19 PM
I like the suggestion someone made up there ^

Wut if Asurweirs group are planning on going around cleaning up all of the Lantian screw ups. Seems like a good way to release your burden. Rejected child fixing their estranged parents mistakes....

Jeffala
January 5th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Why create a city they know would be destroyed anyways, for the sole purpose of delivering a 10x14 tablet containing ship locations?

If Atlantis came across it too easily, they would consider it with suspicion. Of course, the real Atlantis crew can't know for certain whether the story given to them by the Repli-clones is true or not. Of course, the destruction of the duplicate Atlantis could have been done for the benefit of the Repli-clones so that they would be more believable.

Ehecatl
January 6th, 2008, 01:21 AM
They had to be part of Niam's group or more organic replicators, like the ones in This Mortal Coil. Otherwise they would now be in the blob. And since Dr. Weir's brain is made up of nanites she is probably more replicator than the rest of the faction which makes her the most capable leader for the faction.

USAF-A1C
January 6th, 2008, 01:39 AM
My theory is that its the real Elizabeth, and shes not secretly controlling the replicators under her control.

They follow her because their part of the faction of replicators that are seeking to ascend, and with Weir's knowledge of ascension, shes the perfect leader for them.

That being said, i agree with rarocks24, whilst it may be the real Weir, i don't think she will be an ally, i think she may be slightly compromised, in the way that she will try to seek ascensionat any cost, even if that includes destroying/or stealing something from atlantis/earth.

I hope it's the real Weir but even if it's TMC Weir... wasn't TMC about whether the other team was real or not? They're flesh and blood and while created by nanites they're not in that sense replicators. They sacrifice themselves (??) for the "real" team to escape so they're just like them. If Oberoth/RepliKeller told the truth about the real Weir then she's dead and we're dealing with TMC Weir who is now the only Weir out there.

Alternatively someone like Oma could have helped Weir ascent when Oberoth killed her and she decided to retake human form.

As for the others on Weir's Aurora Class my money is on replicators from Niam/RepliKellers group. They refer to the others as "replicators" to distance themselves from them.

While their ultimate goal has to be ascension i don't think it'll be ascension at any cost. I never figured out how Anubis got to ascend in the first place when both Daniel and Weir insist there is a moral component to ascension. Daniel sacrificed his life to save the Kelownans and for that act and probably prior acts of generosity/selflessness Oma helped him to ascend. So Weir must realize there is no such thing as ascension at any cost.

I'm with most people saying their plan is to neutralize the Wraith as a threat. It'd be ironic - seeing how the Ancients considered the Replicators a failed experiment that needed to be terminated and later this failed experiment is shown to have produced Niam, RepliKeller & Co. who together with Weir get rid of the Wraith once and for all, accomplishing something the Ancients themselves never could - and in the process ascent. Of course that would sound like a final season story arc and i'm definitely hoping S5 will not be Atlantis's last season.

Admiral Mappalazarou
January 6th, 2008, 03:36 AM
Maybe she's Oberoth in disguise. :cameron:

Or, leaning away from stupidity, she managed to convince a few replicators to be good whilst in thier custody, maybe reprogramming a few secretly without Oberoth realising or something, and knew that one day the SGA Team would turn up and kick some ass.

So her and the others waited in secret, but Liz's nanites became more and more cruel since Asurans share some kind of telepathic link (since they're all replicators and are linked somehow) and she witnessed Oberoth destroying thousands of human worlds in Pegasus.

So maybe she planned, after Col. Shepherd kicked the Asurans asses, to rebuild the Asuran race in her own vision.

Just one of many theories buzzing through my head at the minute. I actually want to know, more than anything, how her ship didn't become a part of the huge Repli-sludge after Rodney pulled them all back down to their homeworld...

Actionhank
January 6th, 2008, 03:40 AM
Hmmm, it's not an easy one what she is up to. I mean her personal experiences with military driven politics could lead her to the conclusion they need a galaxy without militarily powerful factions (except their own) because it will always result in great conflicts. Remember she almost withdrawed from her leading position of atlantis because all the essential discussion would be taken from her by the military stepping in.

The motto would be no power for anyone except of course the Guardians of order. That would include removing all the threats the ancients left behind. It would mean seeking destruction of the traverlers, the wraith AND earthlings.

The problem would be a classical "who watches the watcher" - issue. :)

Aerilon
January 6th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Have you forgeten about season 5 they didn't say that she was or was not involved in season five yet and I think she will beJust what I was thinking. ;)

It has been covered how and why the Keller Replicator would have told the team that the real Weir is dead. I would have thought this to be a lie. Personally, I don't know what to believe.

If this was the real Weir, then I would have thought she'd have got in contact with Atlantis, especially as she seems to be among a group that do what they want, when they want. However, I see little reason for there to be another Replicator version of her.

I do not believe that this Weir has anything to do with the Wraith. In my opinion, the Wraith didn't meet the rest simply because they had no reason to do so. They just left, and continued on their way as they were doing before hand.

I don't know though, whether this groups plan is Ascension. Weir from what we know, doesn't believe these Replicators are able to Ascend, so either she is controlling them, and has a master plan on taking out the Wraith once and for all, or there is something else going on.

Regardless, this Weir is darker. There is much more too her, and I think she will play more of an evil part now, not that she may be a bad guy, just, that she'll be more of an darker character.

Actionhank
January 6th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Besides I suggest we rename this thread into "The Weir'd plan". :D

Jeffala
January 6th, 2008, 07:25 AM
They had to be part of Niam's group or more organic replicators, like the ones in This Mortal Coil. Otherwise they would now be in the blob.

Not if they were half way across the galaxy. It was stated many times that the plan hinged on all of the Asuran ships being in orbit around the homeworld so that they would be close enough to get sucked in in a timely manner.

wise one
January 6th, 2008, 08:02 AM
weir's plan???

same thing she plans every night...try to take over the galaxy...lol

rarocks24
January 6th, 2008, 08:06 AM
weir's plan???

It's her secret life ambition.

iescobar
January 6th, 2008, 08:07 AM
I'd like to think it was the real Weir, being controlled somehow by the Replicators. Their purpose is ambiguous, though--do they want simply to ascend, or do they want to do worse--replace the humans in the galaxy?

I would love to imagine a story arc that was multi-episodic where Elizabeth played the foe--and Shep and the others discovered she was the real Weir and did what they could to eventually save her--a nice, long Weir heavy storyline.

I totally agree with some of the opinions expressed in this forum. It is obvious that the replicators seen at the end have separated from the original group of replicators and we might be on the right way to assume that they really are seeking ascension. One detail to mention is that if that Niam's group was able to get a Atlantis replica off world, how hard could it have been to have more than one off-world? Another interesting point you mentioned is that it was a bit too obvious that the repli-SGA made from real flesh by nanites were followed to meat with the real SGA, it almost seems as you mention that it was meant to be or even organized by repli-Weir or the real Weir.

A final though, what if the next step in the evolution of the replicators is to transfer their consciousness as done with the SGA replicas to real flesh nanite built human-replicators, like the ones showed in this episode, and that the Weir we saw at the end, with the rest of the replicators in that surviving ship was simply one of many flesh-replicators out there, with a more obscure goal towards ascension?

cheers
Ivan

rarocks24
January 6th, 2008, 08:10 AM
You know what would be even more interesting, is if the Weir that was depicted in This Mortal Coil is the Weir that was on the bridge of the Aurora. That she was faking pretending that she was a clone. Everyone else bled when they were cut, she didn't.

loondoggy
January 6th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Aren't the nanites they used on Weir Parts of Liam?? I wonder if its kind of a merge of Liams personality with Weirs??

iescobar
January 6th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Interesting about the nanites. In theory they are the nanites after Oberoth reprogrammed Niam. Those nanites were pretty aggresive but they were reprogrammed again. It could possible be that either the Dupli-Weir we saw in the episode is the same one and that her master plan was to get rid of the other replicators, in which case it would make sense that she was no way near the replicator homeworld, but monitoring the activity.

In either case, there were many hints during both episodes we have to analyze, and it was interesting to not see Oberoth during the whole process. I am not sure if this is the end of the replicators as we have seen them, a new beginning or just a probable new story line.

cheers
Ivan

poundpuppy29
January 6th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I think it is the real Weir too and I think she planned it all so Shep and the rest wouldn't try and rescue her anymore because she believes she can't go back. I don't think she is evil. I think her and her group are going to seek Ascension that's their work but they could seriously do that with Oberoth and his vicious work.

rarocks24
January 6th, 2008, 01:10 PM
I think it is the real Weir too and I think she planned it all so Shep and the rest wouldn't try and rescue her anymore because she believes she can't go back. I don't think she is evil. I think her and her group are going to seek Ascension that's their work but they could seriously do that with Oberoth and his vicious work.

But why make the last moment of the episode so dark and ominous. Hell, Weir was decked out in black and they played eery music. Could be just to throw us off, but I doubt they'd do that just to show happy, "we can finally work on ascension yay!" mentality. That may be one of their goals.

I can't believe I'm going to make a WoW reference, but...Dr Weir is Atlantis's Sylvannas Windrunner.

Lord batchi ball
January 6th, 2008, 04:22 PM
weir's plan???

Reminded me of Pinky and the Brain, funny show. Which one is she Pinky or the Brain?

Jeffala
January 6th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Reminded me of Pinky and the Brain, funny show. Which one is she Pinky or the Brain?

NARF!

Mount
January 6th, 2008, 06:32 PM
First of all let me say "hats off" to the "powers that be". that was a great episode, and a phenominal finish. They did exaclty what they were trying to accomplish...they wanted to get the fans talking, mission accomplished!!!

With that said I think all the ideas that everyone has mention are possiblities!!! Honestly I was losing intrest in the show, but after that episode and the final shot of Weir, I'm In!!! I think we'll be seeing more of Weir come next season, i hope they bring her back for good, but we'll see. I think she's still in control, but like others have said, doesnt feel like she can return, but also sees the oppurtunity to help the replicators towards acension... But only time will tell!!!

Oh...and I think Torri looked really HOT in the all Black uniform!!! More Please!!!

sspader
January 6th, 2008, 06:41 PM
had a thought in regards to Niam and the nanites.

What if, the 'reset' in Niam wasn't entirely finished, and the nanite injection was a way to further his work through Weir. It didn't seem like he was completely 'evil' at that point.

Although it may have not been predicted of what happened in Adrift/Lifeline, it's still very possible.

Remember he said that he sensed 'compassion' in Weir, that she would be sympathetic to their cause.

So all the information about the rebel replicators were uploaded to Weir, and was only furthered when she was captured.

kurya
January 6th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Hey
Just a note to people , check out Jospeh Mallozzis blog today, Martin Gero answered questions about BAMSR, and apparently, the Weir storyline will definitely be in season 5.... and have it planned out. I hope it will be interesting and if they don't deal with it.... oh boy I will be so pissed.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/01/06/january-6-2008-guest-starring-martin-gero/

rarocks24
January 6th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Hey
Just a note to people , check out Jospeh Mallozzis blog today, Martin Gero answered questions about BAMSR, and apparently, the Weir storyline will definitely be in season 5.... and have it planned out. I hope it will be interesting and if they don't deal with it.... oh boy I will be so pissed.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/01/06/january-6-2008-guest-starring-martin-gero/

Oh they'll do it. They'd have to have a REALLY great reason as to why they're not doing it.

GateTrek2004
January 6th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Did anybody notice that she was wearing the new atlantis jacket like the one Sam wears

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f76/sparkygate/Picture1.png

because my guess is that she is the Duplicate weir because the real one never knew about the new jackets while the Dupli-Weir and TMC found out about them

WOW I did not even think of that! That makes TOTAL sense now. The Repli-Weir from TMC DID see our new jackets from there counterparts. Now the question is If It is that Weir, Did the Dupe Team survive as well?

Watching the ending again: I noticed that the Crew Said " Our Intel is correct. The planet is completly Destroyed" This tells us that they were not around them at the time when the planet was destroyed. I feel that "It's Time to Begin" is referring to them trying to research Asention. Since the replicators in TMC were Hiding from Oberoth's Group, It leads me to think this might be the case. Lets Wait till Season 5 to see.

iescobar
January 6th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Yep, I think as many of you mention, after re-watching the episodes that the Weir in the final shot is probably not the same duplicate-Weir that was shot at the end of the previous episode. As many note, that duplicate was told Weir had died in order to keep the real SGA to keep searching for her and to take a more concrete a decisive action against the replicator homeworld. If you look at it closely it might have all been plan of this Weir or their faction of the replicators to get the real SGA into a fighting chance with the replicators without raising too many questions.

The point in hand now is the following:

- Is the new Weir and here followers replicators or duplicators?

Finally I am glad to see that the story will be followed up in Season 5, only not very clear of why till 5 and what will be prolonged in 5, I think crypticism is a nice touch.

sparkygate
January 6th, 2008, 09:54 PM
I hope she has a plan!! A BIg master plan to get rid of the Wraith or maybe go back to earth!! --> remember the asuran thrive on netruonim(sp?) so it would be a good assumption that the first place she would look for and goal would be to colonise on is some place that is rich with netruonim so they can replicate more --> most likely she would probably have separate bases so if one is destroyed she can replicate in another place... she does have the knowledge of earth and atlantis meaning she has some idea of ascension and operate really clever strategic plans as compared to the other asurans...

ooooo i'm beginning it enjoy stargate now... :cameron:

What a twist at the end of BAMSR... makes me wonder how they are going to twist Becketts return? Will he be evil or good?

Ruffles
January 7th, 2008, 09:31 AM
That is easy to explain away... Her ship was NOT at the battle, therefore could not get affected..

Very true. I wonder how she got her hands on that ship....

You know what would be even more interesting, is if the Weir that was depicted in This Mortal Coil is the Weir that was on the bridge of the Aurora. That she was faking pretending that she was a clone. Everyone else bled when they were cut, she didn't.

But the real Weir was only part replicator. She was still mostly flesh and blood. Either one would have bled when cut.

Darkdreams
January 7th, 2008, 12:36 PM
okay I only read the first page but I didnt see anyone mention this but if they did in the previous pages then please forgive me.

What if the Wier is the clone and all the people the the aurora class ship with her are replicators that want to ascend?

The fact that the clone team was not confirmed killed means that they all could have survived, then been taken captive.
The replicators that wanted to ascend could have created a process to be re-created if they died with their mind being transfered thru thier own Replicator network.
So they could have died where the repli-atlatis was destroyed and been re-created on another planet(or ship).
the clones could have been rescued and then wier given control of the aurora ship to help the "I want to Ascend" replicators to get a human "Soul" so to speak so they can ascend.
She said, now we dont have to look over our shoulders.
I just have a feeling that the good replicators are not dead and the clone Weir is still alive.

o-0
January 7th, 2008, 02:26 PM
The old replicators are dead. The wraith were heavily injured and food deprived. The humans of Atlantis and its allies are now the strongest in the Pegasus galaxy. The bad guys are defeated (nearly defeated) and yet there's still a fifth season.
It is only logical to believe that there will be a new bad guy in the next season and the only one i can think of right now is the new Weir and her crew of merry replicators.
Perhaps Weir wanted to start her own replicator faction but kept being opposed by Oberoth's gang. She knew that with a human's personality and "soul", the replicators could reach their full potential and be stronger than ever before. In order to get rid of the old replicators, she devised a plan that would get the Replicator ship tracking device to Atlantis (making sure her ship could not be tracked) which led to the defeat of the old replicators. Now that she has no one who could interfere with her plans, she can create a new and improved replicator homeworld with better replicators and dominate the entire galaxy and quite possibly the universe.
Either that or she wants to establish McDonalds burger joints all across the Pegasus galaxy with a Starbucks Cafe near every stargate.

Jeffala
January 7th, 2008, 02:30 PM
with a Starbucks Cafe near every stargate.

Never was there a more insidious foe.

s09119
January 7th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Maybe her plan is to help her people the only way she can now; by using her allies to destroy the Wraith. However, I can see her becoming "tainted" by the nanites inside her or the things she is forced to do or go through... maybe even losing her humanity along the way and becoming exactly what she set out to destroy.

It would certainly be interesting to see Elizabeth end up having to choose between what she thinks is right and what really is.

xSFx
January 7th, 2008, 03:18 PM
In the end she said "Good, we can finally get to work without having to look over our shoulders".

They're trying to conceal their actions but from whom?
The 2 alternatives that I see are:

(1) Good Weir is researching ascension and she doesn't have to hide from the replicators.
(2) Bad Weir is hiding her evil galaxy-domination plans from Atlantis.

IMO, it's (1), as Malozzi's latest poem sais:

An old friend returns, loyalties are reversed

This sounds a lot like Weir returning and it might indicate an Atlantis-asurian alliance.

If (2) is the case, then the "old friend" might also be Steve willing to join forces with Atlantis in the fight against Weir :/

There must be a reason they were not affected by Rodney's weapon.They obviously weren't on the planet, as Weir and her posse were outcasts.

Question is: did she have anything to do with the Wraith approaching Atlantis for assistance?

Nitegate
January 7th, 2008, 05:50 PM
i haven't read any other posts, cause most people come off with stuff that is way out there and funny, but this is all i'm gonna say:

the Weir in the end is the original Weir and i guarantee it was her plan in the beginning of This Mortal Coil to give the original Atlantis team the tracking device to destroy the Replicators. even though the repliweir said the real Weir was dead, it was just a thing so Atlantis wouldn't look for her. it's so only obvious cause they were sent to New Athos, even though the Athosians aren't there.

we don't know what Weirs plans are, but we do know that Oberoth and the other replicators are dead besides the few "renegades" who are with Weir. they are probably following her cause she's the closest to ascension cause she is human. she was NOT in the area when the planet got destroyed, cause she knew McKay would figure something out, otherwise Weir and her ship would have been destroyed too, none of this oh she was hiding in the planet or cloaked or whatever.

this is my opinion, i'm leaving it at that.

jenks
January 7th, 2008, 07:49 PM
i haven't read any other posts, cause most people come off with stuff that is way out there and funny, but this is all i'm gonna say:

the Weir in the end is the original Weir and i guarantee it was her plan in the beginning of This Mortal Coil to give the original Atlantis team the tracking device to destroy the Replicators. even though the repliweir said the real Weir was dead, it was just a thing so Atlantis wouldn't look for her. it's so only obvious cause they were sent to New Athos, even though the Athosians aren't there.

we don't know what Weirs plans are, but we do know that Oberoth and the other replicators are dead besides the few "renegades" who are with Weir. they are probably following her cause she's the closest to ascension cause she is human. she was NOT in the area when the planet got destroyed, cause she knew McKay would figure something out, otherwise Weir and her ship would have been destroyed too, none of this oh she was hiding in the planet or cloaked or whatever.

this is my opinion, i'm leaving it at that.

So why would she bother creating a duplicate team?

escyos
June 18th, 2009, 10:07 PM
i originally thought that she had gone evil and had taken control of some of the replicators and was planning something evil...with evilness