Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way of things now....

Spoiler:
    So who is this, weir, weir replicator look alike or a weir clone?

Who are these rebel replicators and are they who they appear to be?

From her comments it appeared they assumed the SGA crew would launch an attack on the replicator planet but how? could they have contacted FRAN or manipulated the blob?

SO many questions I dont know where to start.

I just liked how the episode turned out it was one of the best
    sigpic

Comment

It was,

Indeed.

interesting that weir character has more lifes than I think any other SG personality.

First we had the blonde weir, then brunette weir, then the weir who went back 10,000 years to keep atlanis from being destroyed, then cloned weir and now this incarnation.

I think this is so far the best season since the first.

Comment

maybe this new wier is the new leader of niams rebel faction after the death of the keller look a like they were in hiding just like she said
        sigpic
        Sig For Me!

Comment

I would say that Weir and other replicators seek ascension to get back to Ancients and to destroy them in that way. It is their hidden plan. I don't think they are good ..they just appear to be that way. Best way is to play human emotions against them. To give them something to belive in.

Comment

Originally posted by ancient1978 View Post
            I would say that Weir and other replicators seek ascension to get back to Ancients and to destroy them in that way. It is their hidden plan. I don't think they are good ..they just appear to be that way. Best way is to play human emotions against them. To give them something to belive in.
            I don't know about that. I think Niams faction really truly wants to get rid of their agression code and truly ascend, not exterminate the Ancients.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by jdog View Post
              Spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              I think it's either RepliWeir or DupliWeir. the real Weir is most likely dead imo

Spoiler:
              Who are these rebel replicators
              Spoiler:
              why do you assume those are rebel replicators?

Spoiler:
              and are they who they appear to be?
              who knows

Spoiler:
              From her comments it appeared they assumed the SGA crew would launch an attack on the replicator planet but how? could they have contacted FRAN or manipulated the blob?
              Spoiler:
              I didn't understand her that way but she was certainly glad to finally work without Oberoth and the other replicators. another reason why this is not the real Weir imo

Spoiler:
              yup
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                [
                Spoiler:
                why do you assume those are rebel replicators?
                Spoiler:
                well if you're not part of the main attack group, you're part of the rebels
                God must love stupid people because he made so many of them.

Comment

IF its a ascension faction it would explain how wier gained dominance so quickly. If they spirited her away when she was supposed to have died her formal human self's concious could have remained and her "soul" is still intact and she could be leading the rest to ascencion.
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Spoiler:

Who are these rebel replicators and are they who they appear to be?

All very good questions.
                    Spoiler:
                    First, I think this is the real Weir. Not a repliclone or anything, but that's my opinion. The truth is we don't know yet.

Well, evidently they aren't part of the main replicator. They may or may not be Naim's rebels though.

I think they just had a gut feeling that Atlantis would eventually strike back against the replis. As for contracting Fran/manipulating the blob, they probably weren't even there for that.

~Zar Wolf

Spoiler:

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
                    O’neill: Yes. Yes, it did.
                    Woolsey: What does that mean?
                    O’neill: Something exploded.
                    Thank god for common sense.

Proud supporter of Stargate: Avalon
                    and Stargate: Horizon
                    As well as s09119's Continuing SG-1

Supported Ships: Sheppard/Weir ~ Ronon/Keller ~ O'neill/Carter
                    Pro - All Seasons of Atlantis (Etchy on Season 4 though) and Pro - All Seasons of SG-1 plus the Stargate Movies
                    The Jury is still out on Destiny though...

Comment

Spoiler:
                      They wouldn't have been able to have been there, they would have risked being attacked by the other replicators and also by the fleet of enemy ships, not to mention they are still made of nanites so they'd be attracted by the blob. So no manip there possible. Theres no way at all that Fran would be rescued she IS the blob. Take her away and the blob falls apart.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        I think it is the real Weir in this episode and in Mortal coil. What ever plan she has, she needed the replicators out of the way and the best way to do that get Atlantis to do it for her. She knew exactly what strings to pull to get Atlantis to do it for her and one of the best ways is for Atlantis to think their Weir is dead. That way they have no reason to think they needed rescue her before destroying the Replicators.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          I think it is the real Weir in this episode and in Mortal coil. What ever plan she has, she needed the replicators out of the way and the best way to do that get Atlantis to do it for her. She knew exactly what strings to pull to get Atlantis to do it for her and one of the best ways is for Atlantis to think their Weir is dead. That way they have no reason to think they needed rescue her before destroying the Replicators.
                          Spoiler:
                          um the Weir in TMC was DupliWeir and most certainly died at the end. so if this is the real Weir why doesn't she contact Atlantis? what are her motives? what is she doing on a ship full of replicators? wouldn't it make sense to let Atlantis know she's still alive? this is what the real would do imo
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

not to change the subject or anything but...
                            Spoiler:
                            am i crazy or was that Niams voice at the very end just before Weir was talking. it sounded like he was over the radio and not on the ship.

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              um the Weir in TMC was DupliWeir and most certainly died at the end. so if this is the real Weir why doesn't she contact Atlantis? what are her motives? what is she doing on a ship full of replicators? wouldn't it make sense to let Atlantis know she's still alive? this is what the real would do imo
                              Spoiler:
                              How do you know it was a DupliWeir in TMC because she said so? Essentially, DupliWeir was organic with nanites, the same as Weir. The only way we know that it wasn't the real Weir is that the Replicators said it wasn't the real Weir. Most likely the same Replicators that were shown at the end of BAMSR.

So lets assume for a moment that it was the real Weir. Given what was said in TMC, the Niam faction want to ascend, Weir is either in charge of them or a part of them. Now they can't try to ascend because Oberoth is standing in their way. The Niam faction is too small to take control of the entire group of Replicators. So they enlist Atlantis to do it for them.

Now we know Sheppard wouldn't leave anyone behind. So Atlantis wouldn't willing destroy the Replicators as long as Elizabeth is alive. Therein comes the plan that we saw in TMC, make organic replicants of the team, they "discover" another organic replicant Weir.

So now that Atlantis knows their Weir is supposedly dead, they are free to try and destroy the replicators. So the events unfold in BAMSR as they do. In the end we see the real Weir, with the Niam faction and now that the other replicators are out of the way, they are free to begin their work.

Now of course this makes some assumptions and leaps in logic. I just don't think that the writers would kill Elizabeth Weir off screen like that. It could be that Elizabeth is being controlled by the nanites, could be that she just doesn't like what she became. I don't think she is evil but I don't think she has Atlantis' best interest at heart any more. This is all guess work on my part and I could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X