Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Atlantis - SciFi Channel: 2008 Get in the Gate Contest!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis - SciFi Channel: 2008 Get in the Gate Contest!

From the SciFi Channel Stargate Atlantis site:

http://www.scifi.com/getinthegate/

Enter for a chance to win a walk-on role on Stargate Atlantis.

Contest begins January 4th - Ends on March 14th

No interdimensional travel needed.

Enter from the comfort of your own computer.

You must be a registered SCIFI.COM member in order to qualify. Registration is free! Click here to register now.

http://www.scifi.com/members/

Click HERE to read the official sweepstakes rules.

http://www.scifi.com/getinthegate/gitg2008_rules.pdf

Excerpt(s) from the rules:

The Get in the Gates Sweepstakes (“Promotion”) is open only to persons who, at the time of entry,
    are legal residents of, and are physically present in, the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older.

At a predetermined time (approximately in the first forty minutes) during each first run episode of Stargate Atlantis (the “Show”) broadcast each week during the Promotion Period (check local
    listings for dates and times when first run episodes of the Show will be aired, which is currently scheduled to be broadcast at 10:00 PM (Eastern and Pacific Time)), viewers will be invited to text “GATE” (or go online) to enter for a chance to win the Grand Prize. All viewers who respond to the invitation (a “Promotional Spot Invitation”) will be entered to win the Grand Prize.

To enter the Promotion without using a text messaging capable cell phone, visit www.scifi.com/atlantis, complete the online registration, and follow the instructions regarding how to
    enter. You may submit your online entry at any time after a Promotional Spot Invitation has been made during a first run episode of the Show during the Promotion Period until approximately 9:00 AM broadcast of the first run episode of the Show in which such Promotional Spot Invitation was aired. For example, if a first run episode of the Show airs at 10:00 PM on a given day, you may enter from the time the Promotional Spot Invitation was made during such broadcast through the following day at 9:00 AM.

LIMIT 10 ENTRIES TOTAL DURING THE PROMOTION PERIOD: Regardless of the method of entry, you are limited to a total of ten (10) entries per email address/cell phone during the Promotion Period. So, for example you can (a) enter up to 5 times on your cell phone and 5 times online, (b) enter once on your cell phone and 9 times on line or (c) enter up to 10 times on your cell or up to 10 times online. Entries from the same person in excess of ten (10) will be disqualified.

One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded consisting of the following: A trip for two (2) to Vancouver, Canada (the “Trip”) and a walk on role on Stargate Atlantis (“Series”) for the winner (the “Walk-On Role”). The Trip to Vancouver shall include: 1) coach class air transportation for winner and guest from major airport closest to winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor) to the Vancouver metropolitan area and 2) three (3) days/two (2) nights hotel accommodations (standard room, double occupancy) in a Vancouver metropolitan area hotel (as determined by Sponsor). Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize is $2,000.
    Last edited by morjana; 04 January 2008, 10:19 AM. Reason: added excerpts from contest rules

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Hey Morjana, would you be able to post that on the SGA forum on SCIFI in a new thread. would greatly appreciate it. I'll leave it up as it's own thread so people can discuss what they need to do and whatnot. Thanks so much!

Best,

Briangate78
    Squall78
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      Hey Morjana, would you be able to post that on the SGA forum on SCIFI in a new thread. would greatly appreciate it. I'll leave it up as it's own thread so people can discuss what they need to do and whatnot. Thanks so much!

Best,

Briangate78
      Squall78

I'll head over there now, Brian!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Regrettably scifi has never fixed their bugs in this contest. Friends who tried in vain to enter last time are still unable to create memberships on the system. Brian, any chance you can tell whoever at SciFi to fix the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          Regrettably scifi has never fixed their bugs in this contest. Friends who tried in vain to enter last time are still unable to create memberships on the system. Brian, any chance you can tell whoever at SciFi to fix the problem?
          Have they read the current rules?

"To enter the Promotion without using a text messaging capable cell phone, visit www.scifi.com/atlantis, complete the online registration, and follow the instructions regarding how to enter. You may submit your online entry at any time after a Promotional Spot Invitation has been made during a first run episode of the Show during the Promotion Period until approximately 9:00 AM broadcast of the first run episode of the Show in which such Promotional Spot Invitation was aired. For example, if a first run episode of the Show airs at 10:00 PM on a given day, you may enter from the time the Promotional Spot Invitation was made during such broadcast through the following day at 9:00 AM."

If they've tried to enter the contest before the episode aired today, of course their entry didn't go through.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
            Have they read the current rules?

"To enter the Promotion without using a text messaging capable cell phone, visit www.scifi.com/atlantis, complete the online registration, and follow the instructions regarding how to enter. You may submit your online entry at any time after a Promotional Spot Invitation has been made during a first run episode of the Show during the Promotion Period until approximately 9:00 AM broadcast of the first run episode of the Show in which such Promotional Spot Invitation was aired. For example, if a first run episode of the Show airs at 10:00 PM on a given day, you may enter from the time the Promotional Spot Invitation was made during such broadcast through the following day at 9:00 AM."

If they've tried to enter the contest before the episode aired today, of course their entry didn't go through.

Morjana

Ah, no, you misunderstood. The problem with scifi is not everybody is able to create a membership in order to enter online or even participate in the forums. It's a bug in the system which has been around for a year, if not longer. And no, not everybody has a cellphone for texting

Comment

it'snot only that. try having a membership and being denied with
              Your attempt to register resulted in an error:

Sorry! Another SCIFI.COM Member is already using this handle. Please select a different one.
              Sorry! Try registering again with a different e-mail address. If that fails, contact us via e-mail at [email protected].
              • Another SCIFI.COM Member is already using this handle
              • This email address cannot be used.

You may retrieve a lost password for your account by going to our Lost Password Support page. If that fails, contact us via e-mail at [email protected].

Click the BACK button in your browser to return to the registration page

and, dude, i'm cutting and pasting the lost password info they send me

I e-mailed them but i have low expectations of ever getting a reply

I think i have 3-4 handles now - most of which i don't even remember - because their system keeps kicking me out or 'forgetting' that i exist. I'm running out of e-mail addys to use
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm going to talk with the site admin, see if they can fix the problem.

Edit: I just went to the form and it worked for me. You have to make sure the e-mail you originally registered with is used, also the password is case sensitive.

I'll still ask around.
                sigpic

Comment

in my case, i'm cutting and pasting the name and password they give me when i send in a 'forgot my password' report.

I'm giving back to them what theygave to me, and it still won't work.

sigpic

Comment

in my case, i'm cutting and pasting the name and password they give me when i send in a 'forgot my password' report.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Yup, bugs in the system. However, after receiving an email about 'David Hewlitt appearing in Atantis' - an official email from Scifi/NBC, I suppose,well, what can we expect? Sigh....

Comment

When are the creators of Stargate and the SciFi channel going to include the rest of the world in their competitions? As we all know Stargate did not become as popular as it is by excluding the rest of the world! I know I am not the only person who doesn't live in the US or Canada who would love to be able to enter these competitions. Surely with Atlantis being an international expedition it wouldn't be too hard to include someone with an accent??

Until then I guess all international fans will just be that.... Fans.

Comment

it's probably teh simple practicality of air fare and the legal issues involved with other countries.

They're paying air fare. so let's say 500-1000 dollars max for two people. If an aussie wins, it's 2-4000 for the air fare. not to mention all the complicated legal issues of contest rules on an international basis.

It'snot meant as a slight i'm sure, it's just the simple practicality of laws.

Isn't it for two people? the winner and a guest?

well, do you have a friend in the us? they can win, you can be their guest, but you gotta pay the air fare to get to your friend's house so that mgm can get you from the friend's house to canada

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

What is your username?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              What is your username?
                              The thing is that i use the forums all the time, and my username and password work there, but not on the GetintheGate contest site. bugs, bugs, bugs

Comment

Working...
                              X