This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amanda Con UK, postponed

For those that don't know yet, the Amanda Convention in the UK planned for the beginning of February next year has been postponed. For very good reasons though - Amanda is due on the 15th of March, and you're not allowed to travel on an international flight that close to the due date.

Congratulations to Amanda, and well done!

If you want to know more, visit her website at:

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts/PostNuke/
    sigpic

Originally posted by GateGipsy
    For those that don't know yet, the Amanda Convention in the UK planned for the beginning of February next year has been postponed. For very good reasons though - Amanda is due on the 15th of March, and you're not allowed to travel on an international flight that close to the due date.

CONGRATULATIONS, AMANDA & ALAN!!!

My prayers & best wishes are with you guys!

Love
    Toni from NY

Comment

i very nearly started a thread on this. glad you did though :-))

i'm wondering when we will hear from GABIT.

Comment

The site refuses to work for me.

Anyone wanna give me the gist of it?

EDIT: Never mind, I could finally access it. Yay Amanda!
        Last edited by Ugly Pig; 12 October 2004, 01:22 PM.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

D'oh! Allan is one hell of a lucky guy...

Congrats to both Amanda and Allan (AA hehe and wish ya all the best on your new adventure
          Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Someone asked me last night if i was disapointed that the con is postponed. I must really say a big NO. I'm just very happy about the reason why. She apoligised in her letter on the site. There is no need IMO.

Comment

I agree with you Mal, and I love what Gabit have put on their website:

>>This is not something we were expecting to have to do, but given the circumstances Gabit are *delighted* to have to re-schedule our February 2005 event: Amanda Tapping: A weekend with her fans.

"Delighted" you say? Have Gabit gone mad? Nope. We truly are delighted and we know that Amanda's fans will be too.

In a nutshell, Amanda and Allan are expecting a baby in March 2005! <<

To see the full announcement for the Gabit Amanda Tapping Convention, visit:

http://www.gabitevents.co.uk/
              sigpic

Comment

Amanda has also had to cancel her appearance at the German City Con in December but has promised a colleague in her stead. Announcement who it's going to be will follow in a few days!

Comment

I agree with you Mal, and I love what Gabit have put on their website:

>>This is not something we were expecting to have to do, but given the circumstances Gabit are *delighted* to have to re-schedule our February 2005 event: Amanda Tapping: A weekend with her fans.

"Delighted" you say? Have Gabit gone mad? Nope. We truly are delighted and we know that Amanda's fans will be too.

In a nutshell, Amanda and Allan are expecting a baby in March 2005! <<

To see the full announcement for the Gabit Amanda Tapping Convention, visit:

http://www.gabitevents.co.uk/
                  I thought Gabitevents did a lovely and quick
                  job of letting Amanda's fans know that they
                  will have a later date for us to see Amanda.

I don't mind in the least having to wait to see
                  Amanda and to be honest as a fan i was deeply
                  touched that she feels sad at letting her fans
                  down, she truely is a wonderfull person to be
                  thinking of others.
                  I hope all goes well with her pregnancy and she
                  can enjoy this very special time with her
                  husband.
                  ......TARA......

Comment

A colleague? Oh be still my beating heart (I know that it can't possibly be, but still, I hope...)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
                      Amanda has also had to cancel her appearance at the German City Con in December but has promised a colleague in her stead. Announcement who it's going to be will follow in a few days!

could it be pete?????

*ducks*

i'm betting michael or chris will help her out

one 'good' thing about gabit now being in august, i'm seriously thinking about bailing on gatecon (if it happens) and going to this one. depends on whether or not i can talk a friend into going with me.

february was too soon, but this would give me a year to plan (almost a year anyway)
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

August? Can you tell me where you got that? I thought it was just 'autumn' ie sept, oct and nov. If it's August I won't be able to go, waaaaaaaaaaah!

I'm not sure it will be Michael - possibly too soon after the baby was born. But it would be nice. I'd be happy with any DeLuise who wants to go!
                        sigpic

Comment

If they pick any DeLuise, the crowd will have to be taken out to the cemetery. Cause of Death: Laughed themselves to death. (example: Watch Peter DeLuise on the Season 3 volume 4 about the episode he did. I was crying I was laughing so hard.
                          Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
                            If they pick any DeLuise, the crowd will have to be taken out to the cemetery. Cause of Death: Laughed themselves to death. (example: Watch Peter DeLuise on the Season 3 volume 4 about the episode he did. I was crying I was laughing so hard.
                            Are we still talking about German City Con? Because Peter DeLuise will be there.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                            it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                            It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                            And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

August? Can you tell me where you got that? I thought it was just 'autumn' ie sept, oct and nov. If it's August I won't be able to go, waaaaaaaaaaah!

I'm not sure it will be Michael - possibly too soon after the baby was born. But it would be nice. I'd be happy with any DeLuise who wants to go!
                              you're right. it's autumn. i just read teh A word and translated it to august

as to ms, his little one will be a couple of months old and i'm sure she can stay with mom for the weekend
                              Last edited by Skydiver; 13 October 2004, 09:19 AM.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X