This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cover Art Looks Awesome!

The new cover art for AoT looks great! http://www.gateworld.net/movies/images/02_30.jpg.shtml This makes me want to see the movie so bad! Can't wait till march!

Perfecto!

I think it looks awful. The one that looked like the poster looked intriguing, this one just looks plain cheesy, I wouldn't pick that up if I didn't know what it was.

Comment

Personally, I don't think it looks cheesy at all. This cover works just fine for me. I'm just happy all 5 SG-1 team members are included on the cover.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The 5 of them being on the cover is what makes it cheesy for me, I've always cringed at the DVD covers because of it.

Comment

Its dumb...Vala is out of uniform...it shatters the illusion that they are all on SG-1. Vala is just kind of there.

Comment

Wow.....they made Amanda Tapping look dreadful. Her head looks like it was just stuck on there, kinda bobble-head like..... I wonder how on earth can they make her look so terrible.....again. And Claudia Black looks really odd as well! These are two very beautiful women without all the photoshopping crap, and yet they have to go messing with the frakking pictures to make them look.....like this.

I liked the preliminary cover art much better as well. This seems to be a new trend in Stargate. Early on release something that looks great (first Atlantis season three cover anyone?), then sweep it to the side for something that looks a downright mess.

Comment

I think the art looks good.

I also put up a thread regarding the cover art. Guess I wasn't first this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                The new cover art for AoT looks great! http://www.gateworld.net/movies/images/02_30.jpg.shtml This makes me want to see the movie so bad! Can't wait till march!
                That's what you call awesome?

Allow me to disagree. The writings are lame. Even the composition is a quick job.

Seriously, for Space Opera, that's some real crap.

I don't really want to look like someone who gets pleasure at bashing every single bit of the film, because I'd have prefered to love it, but even the title sucks, and the whole "art" is just as uninspired as the film.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Did they just take the s10 promo shots of the team and smash them together? AT's chin/jaw looks bad, CB is still wearing those awful pigtails (did she wear them in the movie?), and CJ looks...off somehow (gaunt even? or does he just look normal compared to the over-photoshopping of everyone else?).

Not as horrid as the SGA s3 cover, but still pretty meh.

Comment

Well, for me the characters look great. The layout of each of them in a slant is good for the overall top of the cover, and the text is easy to read.

I prefer Vala with the pigtails. It sets her apart from the other female characters in Stargate.

Comment

I like the colour scheme.

A.
                      VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

A-

For the great colour scheme and layout. Loses a couple of points for the lack of Adria, though she might be on the back.

This time... it's war!

Comment

I think it looks awful. They always feel the need to flip the actors backward or something and it really screws up the way Amanda looks (Both MS and AT are flipped... everyone else seems normal). Not to mention I always feel the Photoshopping is a bit over the top on touch-ups (at least I feel they did on Vala).

And oh my God... that font! Isn't that Papyrus? Ew.

I think it would have been better if they tried to make it obvious this is a movie... not an add-on to the season 10 DVDs. I would have been more impressed if they had gone with some cool graphic of the Stargate, like they did at the bottom, and left out the cast picture... or had a cool action shot from the movie instead.

Comment

Well, I would have liked a Drew Struzan type cover, but we can't always win.
                            This time... it's war!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              The 5 of them being on the cover is what makes it cheesy for me, I've always cringed at the DVD covers because of it.
                              SG-1 is: Vala, Daniel, Teal'c, Mitchell, Carter = 5 people. Why exactly should any of them be excluded from the cover?

Comment

Working...
                              X