This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navy Personnel

Since the planet that Altantis is on is mostly water, that we know of, will we ever see any Navy personnel?

I don't think they'll be doing a lot in the water on Atlantis.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

At least not for a while....

Comment

Well, I think it also depends on weither Puddle Jumpers are water-proof.
        They probably are, since they were designed by the Ancients and they were clever folks.
        sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
          I don't think they'll be doing a lot in the water on Atlantis.

Who knows what kinda scary things are down there.

Comment

But i dont undrstand why NAVY? They wont be to efficient against whraith's ship will they? And we've not seen an enemy on the Atlantis planet yet
            "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
              Who knows what kinda scary things are down there.
              Exactly. Lots of stuff could be in those oceans.

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
                But i dont undrstand why NAVY? They wont be to efficient against whraith's ship will they? And we've not seen an enemy on the Atlantis planet yet
                That's the point. There might be an unknown enemy or allies below.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                  That's the point. There might be an unknown enemy or allies below.
                  Meaning we've to be prepared for it?
                  Wonder How will they transport it there, though.
                  And wast of money anyway, the better built more BC-303s and F-302s to defend

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Maybe the pjs can go underwater or they will discover a sub (or mini-sub) in the city in a future episode.

Comment

Eh, some patrol boats or minisubs wouldn't be all that hard to transport. I don't think anyones suggesting they send though destroyers or cruisers.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                        Since the planet that Altantis is on is mostly water, that we know of, will we ever see any Navy personnel?
                        I too have wondered why no one has even discussed exploring the watery depths. Have they tried fishing? Have they gone swimming? Does Sheppard surf? Do puddlejumpers work underwater? On a planet that is mostly water there could possibly be an advanced civilization on the ocean floor - allies of the Ancients perhaps? Merits investigation - I could see a Navy team popping up now and then once the communication with Earth is re-established.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                          Does Sheppard surf?
                          Sheppard must surf.
                          Spoiler:
                          When he and Ford report back after finding the mainland, he mentioned that there was some great waves on the southern tip of the continent.
                          Last edited by greytop; 12 October 2004, 08:20 AM. Reason: spoiler warning came out wrong

Comment

Oh surely! Great waves and GIANT MAN EATING THINGS...

Surfs up!

Comment

Sounds more like surfing

Comment

Working...
                              X