This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siXbrownSnakes2 View Post
    Obviously the best episode of the season, and the best since the first half of S3 in general. however I must say...

-Apparently replicator ships don't have shields? I mean, these were the ancients they're imitating. Didn't seem like the technology was on par, however.
    -Repliweir is a cliche and much similar to replicarter, but we don't know enough about her yet so I won't comment
    Technically the technology we obtained from the Asgard had to be superior.

Comment

Originally posted by siXbrownSnakes2 View Post
      Obviously the best episode of the season, and the best since the first half of S3 in general. however I must say...

-Apparently replicator ships don't have shields? I mean, these were the ancients they're imitating. Didn't seem like the technology was on par, however.
      -Repliweir is a cliche and much similar to replicarter, but we don't know enough about her yet so I won't comment

lastly, I must say that I'm a bit ashamed at how it took spending tons of money on visual effects to finally come up with a banger episode. SG1 always had that way of creating great episodes without the need for tons of visual effects. of course, the episode was still fantastic...
      Well, I'm back. What happened?
      -----

I would refer to her as AsurWeir. It's a better name than with the Repli-prefix.

Comment

Great episode. Although I don't like us completely owning Ancient ships. They might have said our shields cant take anymore, but they sure didn't show it. But besides that, great dialog, freaking AWESOME space battle, and a super cute replicator chick... cant beat it.

Comment

Well there ya go folks, Weir is going to be back, but is it the real Weir? Is she really bad?? This show has just become simply amazing.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
            Seems to be Wier as the new enemy. Possibly??? This episode made up for the episodes that were slow. EXCELLENT! The fleet scene, the space battle, FREAKING INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! Best so far this season!
            Couldn't it be RepliWeir, or did I miss something....?
            Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Holy Smokes!!! That was GOOD!!!!

The fleet was freaking AWESOME!! And the battle... oh I love a good battle. *glees*

THIS is the kind of episode that makes Atlantis is what it is, if only ALL the episodes were this good.

It was funny, it was dramatic, it was fresh, and best of all, it had an ending I totally was not expecting!

I loved how Ronon congratulated and consoled Teyla after Sheppard's negative response to her pregnancy. That was way to cute. I think that made all the Teyla/Ronon shippers VERY happy

I am thinking I'm not liking the commander of the Apollo very much.... I loved how Sam shut him up though in the beginning.

And the ending... holy freaking frozen bad guys, Weir lives! And in charge of a ancient ship???!? WOW. Just WOW!! I hope they do good things with that... because I could see some amazing story arcs come out of that. Is she good, is she bad, is it the real Weir?? Oh man oh man oh man, I can not wait to see what they do with that (and oh boy I hope it isn't lame *prays it isn't lame*)

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by Malakriss View Post
                Saving a copy of this in HD for all of time.

...and we didn't get stabbed in the back!
                More importantly to me is that the Atlantis team managed not to actually stab any of their "allies" in the back!! Yay!!!

Good for them, I knew they had it in them.... well OK previous eps would indicate they didnt have it in them, but good for them. And they even expressed discomfort for sending a sort of sentient being to her death (helpful that she wanted to fullfil her purpose.... the whole when does a machine become a person is an interesting question but has been done many times on other shows....and video games)
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                  Great episode. Although I don't like us completely owning Ancient ships. They might have said our shields cant take anymore, but they sure didn't show it. But besides that, great dialog, freaking AWESOME space battle, and a super cute replicator chick... cant beat it.
                  You know I hope they have it that Weirs Replicators Group picked up Fran & they want info from her & humans being humans we go save her. That actress was just toooooo cute & very nice.

Comment

Fairly certain the Replicator ships have (had) shields, but the first one we ambushed before they had a chance to raise them. Asgard weaponry should tear right through them as well, since it should be 10,000 years more advanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
                      Couldn't it be RepliWeir, or did I miss something....?
                      We have no idea. Her dialog made it seem that she was a pro ascension replicator.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                        Is this supposed to be Weir's 4th episode? If it is all I can say is ... lame. And why am I not surprised to not know if it's repli-Weir or the real Weir.

Hated the whole episode. Completely disappointing.
                        I hope that wasn't Weir's fourth episode too, but come on, "hated the whole episode"... WHAT?!
                        Enter the Fargate...to steal intergalatic cable!

Comment

I honestly did NOT see that coming. Kind of wondering if this will be our enemy in season 5....

Any who.

Usually I can always see the end or the main plot twist coming in a Stargate episode, but wow, they pulled a fast one on me.

Bravo, TPTB, bravo.

Comment

First thoughts:

That was a great episode! Although I still can't take Larrin seriously.

Yay, Radek!

Funny to see Caldwell more supportive of Atlantis than Ellis. But Caldwell has seen the team in action. What's with Ellis, anyway?

Way to go Sam! Nobody speaks to people under her command like that. It's up to Sam to rein Rodney in, not Ellis.

That repli!cube McKay was working with looked like a PowerMac G4 cube.

I was afraid that Fran might turn, but she knew her reason for being. Like Repli!Keller, she could be self-sacrificing.

Great special effects, love seeing all those ships.

Ha, Larrin said to John "I know where you live, I'll call you."

OK, now we don't have to worry about feeding that Wraith anymore.

Omigod! Elizabeth! And we were so sure the replicant threat is over. Not!

Hey, do we know for sure that the duplicate team from the last episode is dead?

My kind of guy:
                            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Was it Weir or repliWeir?? If it was Weir, then.... Weir's EVIL???
                              Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tokoya View Post
                                I honestly did NOT see that coming. Kind of wondering if this will be our enemy in season 5....
                                I hope not. Replicators have been done to death. Hopefully Weir was just being a bad ass & like she originally wanted we alley with Weirs group.

Comment

Working...
                                X