Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving a copy of this in HD for all of time.

...and we didn't get stabbed in the back!

Comment

omfg, the last part shocked me the most. The space battles were fantastic, and Fran was HOT.

Comment

Repli Weir Lives!
        Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

I have to admit, i was wondering where the hell they were going as of late with Atlantis, almost all of it was feeling like rehashed ep's of sg-1, and it had left me feeling a bit jaded.

Be all my Sins Remember'd totally brought back my faith in Atlantis; it feels like the storyline is starting to gain some decent traction. The character development is feeling good, finally, and with the ending, I have nothing but questions as to everyone's motivation. Exactly what i wanted. I feel so teased!

Big props to the writers of this episode, please keep the stories coming back like this.

Comment

Originally posted by CommanderThor11 View Post
            So who is the bigger bad a** repli-weir or repli-carter?

best episode i've seen since sateda!!
            I'd love it if the replicators were Niam supporters.

Comment

Hmmm, well I guess that whole moving atlantis to a new planet so we dont have to worry (or just wonder why it doesnt happen) about constant attack anymore is out the window. Should have stayed with the Whales.

Some cool stuff in this ep. Some stupid stuff in this ep. Stupid leather scifi cliche but otherwise nothing particularly cringworthy I guess.

Still though, meh just something thats making me lose my interest. I was hoping the replicators would actually be destroyed and we could end that stoyline and go back to wraith or something interesting but the epilogue thing killed that. Now we move onto another cliche, which is odd because I thought that particular actress was done with this show (by her choice after they scrwd her over). Whatever, I was done with the replicators when they ceased to be bugs and nothing on Atlantis has re-endeared them to me.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Fran was a pretty decent character too bad they had to kill her.

I'm not sure but from the black that she was wearing Im thinking that weir is going to be evil.

Oh and by the way the aurora's were very dissapointing against the asgard weapons. I expected a bit more from them.

Comment

Obviously the best episode of the season, and the best since the first half of S3 in general. however I must say...

-Apparently replicator ships don't have shields? I mean, these were the ancients they're imitating. Didn't seem like the technology was on par, however.
                  -Repliweir is a cliche and much similar to replicarter, but we don't know enough about her yet so I won't comment

lastly, I must say that I'm a bit ashamed at how it took spending tons of money on visual effects to finally come up with a banger episode. SG1 always had that way of creating great episodes without the need for tons of visual effects. of course, the episode was still fantastic...

Comment

Fran! "Hello." Line of the episode.

Ok, wow, I had high hopes for this episode, but this was miles ahead of what I was expecting.

The "Colonel, Colonel, Colonels" opening was great, and every subplot was handled perfectly. Teyla's pregnancy is in the open and the crew's reactions were realistic and dead on. John was concerned and Ronon was sympathetic, a great move out of his usual tough guy bit. I LOVED Larrin's return ("Sheppard that better not be you!" "Sheppard what the hell are you doing here?" "Larrin what the hell are you doing here?"), and their subplot is actually moving forward at a great rate. McKay and Zelenka are still completely awesome, and the "dry spell" was hilarious. And of course, Todd the Wraith is really awesome. For all the wicked evilness that James Lafazonas gave to the Wraith in the first two seasons (shame he left), Heyerdahl is great.

The battle: Forget BSG, SG:A has the best battles on TV. That was just...wow. The panning camera, the detail, and the overall epicness of it was perfect.

The ending: WOW! Who says Weir is a Replicator? It was never stated. I'm dead sure its the real Weir, and that those are the Niam alligned, pro Ascension Replicators. How they survived and got away from Oberoth is beyond me, but it should be interesting.

Anyone notice how Weir's new costume is basically a more leathery version of her Atlantis duds? Red patches and all.

Andy Mikita is definitely the best director on the show,

6/5 stars, best episode of the best season of the show. Bring on Spoils of War!
                    Last edited by Infernorhythm; 04 January 2008, 07:15 PM.
                    Rush rocks.

Comment

Evil!Weir. Bound to be better than RegularWeir.

Teyla must be having octuplets if she's that big at three months.

Good on Ronon for being supportive, but Ronon is definitely not a girl's name.

Rodney, Radek, Sheppard, Ronon, Sam, Caldwell, our wraith...everyone was just great in this one.

Another wonderful episode. Fun story and all the little character touches included and the emotions not forgotten. Best season ever.
                      Good job, guys.

And while I don't pay much attention to the special effects, they must've been good in this episode. My son walked in during the ep and asked if I was watching Star Wars.
                      Last edited by smushybird; 05 January 2008, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Well worth the wait for this gem....

Quite simply the best special effects we have ever seen on this show. Wow!

Comment

OMFG!!! I am shocked right now!!!! Wow!! Amazing episode! What an ending.
                          sigpic

Comment

Is this supposed to be Weir's 4th episode? If it is all I can say is ... lame. And why am I not surprised to not know if it's repli-Weir or the real Weir.

Hated the whole episode. Completely disappointing.

Comment

The ending was not expected. Although it brings a nice twist to the story. I knew it was too easy.
                              "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                              The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Still processing this episode but my first thought was this episode was epic!
                                Really loved Carter putting Ellis in his place even though Ellis was right.
                                Couple of Earth ships kicking ass and taking names.
                                The wraith are actually getting some personality, which I like.
                                Battle scene's rocked!
                                And the ending, oh boy, the ending makes me question the mortal coil, is it the real Weir, fake. So many possibilities to take the show in so many new directions.
                                I really liked how they didn't get into the whole moral argument about using Fran as a weapon since Fran shut the argument down by saying she was fulfilling her purpose.

Comment

Working...
                                X