PDA

View Full Version : I think this would be a missed opportunity...

Jonzey
January 1st, 2008, 03:54 PM
I'm sure most people here know about the ancient Mayan calender, and the fact it counts down to... I think it's the 12 december 2012. I was just thinking it would be great if there was an SG-1 movie based off this. There's already all the mythology in place and could build a really good story around it. I don't think there's been much on the Mayans in SG-1 (except crystal skull... I think), but with all the stuff on advanced ancient civilisations they've covered before they could make a fantastic story out of it.

What do you think?

Edit: I was thinking this has probably already been said before actually. And sorry for if my facts are wrong, I'm tired.

happyclappy
January 1st, 2008, 05:22 PM
ive no idea if ur right, but i know the calendar predicted future dates very well and such.....

think it could be a VERY intersting film, maybe introduce some aliens for the 3rd stargate series!

Col.Foley
January 1st, 2008, 10:10 PM
I really, really really love this idea.

Anubis21
January 1st, 2008, 11:05 PM
i know that the myans made the calender up to the point of 2014 i thought but that was a good idea to the fact about that.

avidffan
January 1st, 2008, 11:23 PM
fantastic idea

MKent
January 2nd, 2008, 02:41 AM
I have registered just now so i can post on how great this idea is. Best i have read.

umopapisdn
January 2nd, 2008, 07:04 AM
21 dec 2012 is when it predicts the end of the world. Perhaps introduce the furlings and have an alian device of some sort that will do something to end all life as we know it, perhaps collapse into a super massive black hole that will suck in hundreds of surrounding galaxy clusters.

Amalthea
January 3rd, 2008, 04:40 PM
That certainly would be a fun plot line for a movie! Really back to basics. I think including the Furlings would be a little forced in my opinion, since there is no evidence of their influence on Earth, but it would absolutely be a fantastic opportunity for some SG1 fun.

Lightbane
January 3rd, 2008, 04:59 PM
The end of the Maya calendar predicts a giant space rock comes and smashes into the earth blanketing the planet with dust. Only smart humans will survive.

kirmit
January 3rd, 2008, 05:03 PM
The end of the Maya calendar predicts a giant space rock comes and smashes into the earth blanketing the planet with dust. Only smart humans will survive.

Really? Only smart humans survive? Dammit *starts writing will* :P.

Lorix
January 4th, 2008, 10:03 AM
I always wished to see Mayan myths in Stargate franchise, so I'd be VERY, VERY HAPPY to see a movie concerning Mayan Mythology :D

The Prophet
January 4th, 2008, 10:13 AM
21st/23rd December 2012. For the Fourth and Final time, due to Earthquakes!

Maybe an ancient race returns and uses weapons that distrupt the Earth's Crust...

...and SG-1 have to take a Puddle-Jumper to the Earth's Core to activate a Naquidah-Enhanced Nuke to jump start.... wait... Damnit.

Shan Bruce Lee
January 6th, 2008, 02:43 PM
21st/23rd December 2012. For the Fourth and Final time, due to Earthquakes!

Maybe an ancient race returns and uses weapons that distrupt the Earth's Crust...

...and SG-1 have to take a Puddle-Jumper to the Earth's Core to activate a Naquidah-Enhanced Nuke to jump start.... wait... Damnit.

yeah I thought it was 12.23.2012

Shan Bruce Lee
January 6th, 2008, 02:47 PM
I always wished to see Mayan myths in Stargate franchise, so I'd be VERY, VERY HAPPY to see a movie concerning Mayan Mythology :D

Wasn't the temple that Daniel went to in the 'Evolution' 2-parter a Mayan temple?

Serebii
January 8th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Yeah, that'd be awesome and would work well with the whole mythology into Stargate thing.

I think this would also be interesting

"In 2012, asteroid 99942 Apophis comes into view again to recalculate odds of impact. The event is 2 on the Torino Scale."

Bring back Apophis even though the Asteroid wont be near us until like 2036! lol

-PITBULL-
January 8th, 2008, 03:29 PM
thats a great idea

ijffdrie
January 9th, 2008, 05:40 AM
i was thinking of some sort of missile that has been tampered with 10.000 years ago when the ancients left, the furlings launched a memorial ship, containing the dead leaders who started the alliance, but due to the universe being a sphere, which was unknown to the alliance, the ship is gonna fly straight thru earth, destroying it's core in the process, the leaders however, who were ressurected due to a time distortion when travelling, where exposed to sarcophogus-like radiation and became evil and walk upon the earth, trying to take down it's defenses

Konrad9
January 9th, 2008, 09:50 PM
The date on which the Mayan calendar ended has come and gone.
Several years ago.
Look it up.

Jonzey
January 10th, 2008, 12:57 PM
There was a race the ancient Mayans worshipped as gods. They gave them technology and science to make their lives easier. One day they left suddenly left, taking all (or most) of the technology with them. It was predicted that some day they will return to reclaim their throne. The day when their calender comes to an end...

Some time in Decemeber 2012...

Serebii
January 10th, 2008, 02:07 PM
There was a race the ancient Mayans worshipped as gods. They gave them technology and science to make their lives easier. One day they left suddenly left, taking all (or most) of the technology with them. It was predicted that some day they will return to reclaim their throne. The day when their calender comes to an end...

Some time in Decemeber 2012...
Oo ya wolin wolin we tayil.

!!??
January 10th, 2008, 02:17 PM
21 dec 2012 is when it predicts the end of the world. Perhaps introduce the furlings and have an alian device of some sort that will do something to end all life as we know it, perhaps collapse into a super massive black hole that will suck in hundreds of surrounding galaxy clusters.

No not the end of the world but a time of great change the end of a period and the start of new which is believed to be the end of the world but not proven that it means that.

-PITBULL-
January 10th, 2008, 02:36 PM
The date on which the Mayan calendar ended has come and gone.
Several years ago.
Look it up.

Sorry your wrong there . The Mayan Calender or there long Calender does end on Dec 21st 2012 ... Here is the

linkhttp://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html

KnightCrusader
January 11th, 2008, 08:34 AM
OMG this would be an awesome way to revisit Nick Ballard and the Giant Aliens! (That was Mayan, wasn't it?)

On that note... wasn't a follow up on him and revisiting the Aschen like the top two stories the fans wanted to see on a poll a while back? Maybe I imagined that cause I wanted to see those stories more than anything....

maylet
January 12th, 2008, 06:25 PM
That is a good idea

Col.Foley
January 13th, 2008, 02:42 AM
Sorry your wrong there . The Mayan Calender or there long Calender does end on Dec 21st 2012 ... Here is the

linkhttp://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html
Actually from what I heard, you are both wrong, I heard on a history channel program is that a cycle ends on that date, but a new one for at least twenty years continues afterward.

knowles2
January 19th, 2008, 05:15 AM
OMG this would be an awesome way to revisit Nick Ballard and the Giant Aliens! (That was Mayan, wasn't it?)

On that note... wasn't a follow up on him and revisiting the Aschen like the top two stories the fans wanted to see on a poll a while back? Maybe I imagined that cause I wanted to see those stories more than anything....

Exactly what I was thinking. It have to be mystery, so perhaps Nick come through the Stargate dying and his last breath being the world gonna be destroyed. From then on it a race to find answers. As all this is happening SG start taking notice of all the natural disasters happening. Then they try going to the giant alien planet but they fail. Send a ship and their is no planet left it been destroyed, as a they head back to earth. They are running out of time by this point, all of earth is experiencing earth quacks and storms and volcanoes eruptions where their should not be, the planet is being destroyed.
They are running out of ideas and time, all scans are coming back negative no sign of alien technology on the entire planet could be doing this. They are left puzzle looking on at the destruction, even the asguard database offers no answers. They need help and quickly. At this point they even send out a message to all the Gould on earth for help, even they admit they do not know what going on and preparing to abandon the planet. They are running out of options, no one knows what going on, their last hope they visit the nox, they come and help earth some how and stop the destruction somehow, a new beginning for earth as the Stargate program is reveal publicly for the first time .

Well I thought I just run on the idea, it would not be a exactly action type of film but certainly one which SG1 one will be on the backfoot throughout plus we get to meet two or more people that we have not seen or herd from in a long time.