Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think this would be a missed opportunity...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this would be a missed opportunity...

I'm sure most people here know about the ancient Mayan calender, and the fact it counts down to... I think it's the 12 december 2012. I was just thinking it would be great if there was an SG-1 movie based off this. There's already all the mythology in place and could build a really good story around it. I don't think there's been much on the Mayans in SG-1 (except crystal skull... I think), but with all the stuff on advanced ancient civilisations they've covered before they could make a fantastic story out of it.

What do you think?

Edit: I was thinking this has probably already been said before actually. And sorry for if my facts are wrong, I'm tired.

ive no idea if ur right, but i know the calendar predicted future dates very well and such.....

think it could be a VERY intersting film, maybe introduce some aliens for the 3rd stargate series!

Comment

I really, really really love this idea.

Comment

i know that the myans made the calender up to the point of 2014 i thought but that was a good idea to the fact about that.

Comment

fantastic idea
          Avidffanimation YouTube | AvidffanFiction Youtube | AvidffanAlpha Youtube
          sigpic

Comment

I have registered just now so i can post on how great this idea is. Best i have read.

Comment

21 dec 2012 is when it predicts the end of the world. Perhaps introduce the furlings and have an alian device of some sort that will do something to end all life as we know it, perhaps collapse into a super massive black hole that will suck in hundreds of surrounding galaxy clusters.
              Best quotes ever:
              O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
              Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
              Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
              Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
              Thor:I like the yellow ones
              O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

That certainly would be a fun plot line for a movie! Really back to basics. I think including the Furlings would be a little forced in my opinion, since there is no evidence of their influence on Earth, but it would absolutely be a fantastic opportunity for some SG1 fun.
                sigpic

Comment

The end of the Maya calendar predicts a giant space rock comes and smashes into the earth blanketing the planet with dust. Only smart humans will survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane View Post
                    The end of the Maya calendar predicts a giant space rock comes and smashes into the earth blanketing the planet with dust. Only smart humans will survive.
                    Really? Only smart humans survive? Dammit *starts writing will* .

Comment

I always wished to see Mayan myths in Stargate franchise, so I'd be VERY, VERY HAPPY to see a movie concerning Mayan Mythology
                      An Italian Gater

Comment

21st/23rd December 2012. For the Fourth and Final time, due to Earthquakes!

Maybe an ancient race returns and uses weapons that distrupt the Earth's Crust...

...and SG-1 have to take a Puddle-Jumper to the Earth's Core to activate a Naquidah-Enhanced Nuke to jump start.... wait... Damnit.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                          21st/23rd December 2012. For the Fourth and Final time, due to Earthquakes!

Maybe an ancient race returns and uses weapons that distrupt the Earth's Crust...

...and SG-1 have to take a Puddle-Jumper to the Earth's Core to activate a Naquidah-Enhanced Nuke to jump start.... wait... Damnit.
                          yeah I thought it was 12.23.2012
                          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorix View Post
                            I always wished to see Mayan myths in Stargate franchise, so I'd be VERY, VERY HAPPY to see a movie concerning Mayan Mythology
                            Wasn't the temple that Daniel went to in the 'Evolution' 2-parter a Mayan temple?
                            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Yeah, that'd be awesome and would work well with the whole mythology into Stargate thing.

I think this would also be interesting

"In 2012, asteroid 99942 Apophis comes into view again to recalculate odds of impact. The event is 2 on the Torino Scale."

Bring back Apophis even though the Asteroid wont be near us until like 2036! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X