Slice of SciFi: Interview with Joe Malozzi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slice of SciFi: Interview with Joe Malozzi

Head over to Slice of SciFi for an interview with Joe Malozzi about the second half of S4 and S5.

Excerpt-
    "Right before the Christmas holiday our roving reporter Linda Craddock sat down with Joe and the two of them talked about the upcoming continuation of Season 4 of SGA and some of the things we can expect for Season 5. We hope you enjoy this end of year interview with one of Slice of SciFi’s favorite writers and producers, Joe Mallozi."

Edited: Thanks AD & Linzi - I've updated the link
    Last edited by RealmOfX; 30 December 2007, 04:33 AM.
    -

Sweeeeet. Thank you!

Comment

Thanks. It is a very detailed interview.

SoSF: Do you have any plans that you know of for any reprisal appearances for guest stars or prior regular cast members for the new season?

JM: It’s still up in the air and hopefully we’ll have an announcement in a week or so but, again, I can’t give away too [much] because the back half of Season 4 hasn’t aired yet, and the back half of Season 4 will reveal the fate of some of our recurring characters so not much in terms of details.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Error 404 - Not Found
        Oops, I screwed up and you discovered my fatal flaw. Well, we're not all perfect, but we try. Can you try this again or maybe visit our Home Page to start fresh. We'll do better next time.
        when I click the link

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
          when I click the link
          Looks like the original interview was taken down as the interviewer perhaps translated something incorrectly, or misread the notes of the interview?

The ammended version is up here, which is a little different in one section:

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2007/12/...-joe-mallozzi/
          sigpic

Comment

Joe is going to be getting a lot of comments on his blog after this interview.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the Weir part, right?

Good. That was bound to cause some misunderstandings. Glad they fixed it.

Oh hey, and new picture too.

Comment

More amendments from Joe's blog:

“When he pushed out the idea…”

- Should read “when he pitched out the idea…”

“All that has obviously soured certain fans towards Joe and when certain fans are unhappy they will be very vocal.”

- That’s “the show” and not “Joe”. I’m assuming fans don’t hold Joe F. responsible for the cast changes. On the other hand, the Joe in question could be me which would make sense given that I can be held responsible for the cast changes, but I usually don’t refer to myself in the third person.

“when you factor in DVR and such and the lead off viewers across the board…”

- That’s “bleed-off” and not “lead off”.

“…it worked great for us in the beginning especially in the ranks of the Wraith…”

- No idea. Sorry.

“…vengeance I declare! A reign of fiery destruction on the heads of all those who would doubt or oppose my creative vision! The unbelievers shall be punished and made to regret their ways!”

- Silly. That should read “rain” and not “reign”.

Comment

Working...
                X