304 deploys Stryker Combat Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

304 deploys Stryker Combat Teams

Is it possible that we can deploy Strykers on their missions? It would give them much protection and command and control centers.

The 304s would have to send 2 or 3of this vehicles on a hostile planets, it is also possible to provide protection from culling. And a antireplicator gun will replace the .50 cal in specioal missions agaist the azurans.

what's the point of using a slow moving, ground based target when a 304 carries F-302s? These would be able to protect people from a culling better than a stryker or any other ground based armoured vehicle. A Wraith dart would be able to take out one easily enough.

As for Asurans, with shields an ARG shouldn't be able to work. The Asurans should be able to create shields as powerful as the Ancients so an ARG should be ineffective and chances are that an ARG weapon on a planet wouldn't do much good against an Aurora class ship.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      what's the point of using a slow moving, ground based target when a 304 carries F-302s? These would be able to protect people from a culling better than a stryker or any other ground based armoured vehicle. A Wraith dart would be able to take out one easily enough.

As for Asurans, with shields an ARG shouldn't be able to work. The Asurans should be able to create shields as powerful as the Ancients so an ARG should be ineffective and chances are that an ARG weapon on a planet wouldn't do much good against an Aurora class ship.

Yeah.. but the Stryker can carry more personell than the 302s. It could stay on standby for daYS doing reacon, humanitarian aid and combat. also there are threats in the Galaxy other than the Wraith and the Azurans.

Comment

I always thought that a vechicle like a M1A1 Abrams, or a chenoweth would be most usefull for the SG teams and for our battlecrusiers
        sigpic
        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Nuke View Post
          Is it possible that we can deploy Strykers on their missions? It would give them much protection and command and control centers.
          For C&C purposes you would not even need one though. The 304 in orbit would make an excellent C&C for any ground based combat, unless they had to bug out in a hurry.
          Other, then that, I like your idea.

Comment

The 304s would have to send 2 or 3of this vehicles on a hostile planets, it is also possible to provide protection from culling. And a antireplicator gun will replace the .50 cal in specioal missions agaist the azurans.
            How about the M997 Hummvee with the turret that carries the Avengers Missiles?

Comment

I never understood why they never used armored vehicles on sg misisons, other than the modified malps.

The strykers would be so-so with attacks from plasma based energy weapons. It would need a hull refit and possibly a shield.

Tanks and slow moving tread based vehicles would be basically useless unless it stayed behind the battle lines and too long ranged shots at the enemy.
              Visit my Website

Comment

Just get an Abrams and slap on a sheild and a railgun.

Comment

stykers are not very good vehicles, it would be better if they cariied MRAP or Tanks

Comment

Originally posted by Davesg-43 View Post
                    stykers are not very good vehicles, it would be better if they cariied MRAP or Tanks
                    I second that. During my third tour in Iraq when the Army first started to deploy the Stryker we began calling them "8 wheel coffins" because we would constantly see them blown up or on fire from IED's. I would rather be in a uparmored humvee or Cougar than one of those death traps. Now a LAV-25 would be pretty cool with the 25mm chain gun on top.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                      I never understood why they never used armored vehicles on sg misisons, other than the modified malps.

The strykers would be so-so with attacks from plasma based energy weapons. It would need a hull refit and possibly a shield.

Tanks and slow moving tread based vehicles would be basically useless unless it stayed behind the battle lines and too long ranged shots at the enemy.
                      (pre prometheus and odyssey) YOU try dropping a striker or abrams down the silo and fitting it up the ramp and through the gate

Comment

Originally posted by USMCgrunt View Post
                        I second that. During my third tour in Iraq when the Army first started to deploy the Stryker we began calling them "8 wheel coffins" because we would constantly see them blown up or on fire from IED's. I would rather be in a uparmored humvee or Cougar than one of those death traps. Now a LAV-25 would be pretty cool with the 25mm chain gun on top.
                        really? Because from what I've heard, troops praise teh Stryker especially against IED's because of its higher profile that raises it off the ground more. And that its got better survivability against IED's than even Abrams and Bradleys not just up-armoured Humvees.

As far as Strykers off-world goes, bad choice. They're a wheeled vehicle, which means they have poor off-road performance. Better off with a tracked vehicle like a Bradley.

Comment

having armor or light armor doesnt seem very practical for what the sg teams do, especially since a lot of the planets are very foresty, but for open ones where they need to go a long ways i dont see why not have hummers or maybe dpvs

if armor is really needed, then the highest i think they should go would be LAV-25s....why use a stryker (pretty old apc) when you can get the newer, and much better imo LAV's?

Comment

Originally posted by USMCgrunt View Post
                            So what's your MOS? I am in the Army.

Comment

i say make a new offworld vehicle. with so much alien tech, i bet we can make way better vehicles. powerfull electric engine, naquahdah generator onboard. place a rail gun on it. two smaller coilguns.[railguns eat space]
                              make it versatile, quick, agile, and some nice armour. that ceramic polimer[heroes, S7]. use that. plenty of protection against staffblasts and other plasma-based weapons. use tokra shields contoured around the hull and as windshields. this will give you plenty of sight, while you have optimum protection. the hull shield and the cockpit shield so to call it, are two different ones. so if either runs out the other still offers protection.stand there, mow down the enemy while laughing at them. then they laugh and send deathgliders or so and we mow em down too. very nice for a 4-man vehicle[ driver, railgun operater, 2 coilgun operaters]

ofcourse the thing will have sensors.

now we have to give it a name.

Comment

Working...
                              X