This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Threads on Season 8 disc 5

I was just about to watch Threads and realized that it was the short 43min version. I was under the impression that this version was there originally, but they changed to the longer version on new sets (I bought mine recently).

I just wanted to verify that it's supposed to have the long version before I go back to the store and try to exchange it.

Supposedly they changed manufacturing to include the longer episode, but I can't say I've seen anyone officially confirm that they went to the store, bought a set, and found it to have the longer version.

Assuming that what is being manufactured now does have the long version, there is also the issue that a certain number of units made before the change will still be in the distribution pipeline -- sitting in the studio warehouse, and later in a retailer's own warehouse, and then later on a store shelf sitting unsold for who knows how many weeks or months.

In that case, if you return it for an exchange from the same retailer, odds are that you would get another unit from the same batch. Online retailers like Amazon, which presumably burn through inventory more quickly, may be the better bet.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
      Supposedly they changed manufacturing to include the longer episode, but I can't say I've seen anyone officially confirm that they went to the store, bought a set, and found it to have the longer version.
      The disc that came in my "Complete Series" box has the 65 minute version. I believe the slimpack edition should also be the corrected one, though I don't have that one myself.
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I exchanged it and the new set has the 65min version.

It's the thinpak set (both times). I got it at Fry's so someone might have swapped the disc and returned it. Fry's has a habit of resealing returned merchandise without labeling it as such.

Comment

I have the thinpack and it had the correct Threads. Thats weird, because I had always thought that the 'evil' version of Threads was only on the fatpack. But its good that you have the right version now.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
            I have the thinpack and it had the correct Threads. Thats weird, because I had always thought that the 'evil' version of Threads was only on the fatpack. But its good that you have the right version now.
            There must just be some leftover discs floating around, I've read at least 1 person who got the short version in the complete series set as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
              There must just be some leftover discs floating around, I've read at least 1 person who got the short version in the complete series set as well.
              Wow... that's terrible. All of the discs with the 'evil' version of threads must be hunted down and destroyed with extreme prejudice.

Perfecto!

Comment

Is there any way to get the correct version anymore other than buying a new set? I bought mine too late to mail in for the correct disc and I also can't find the thread that talks about how to do it. I want to contact the manufacturer and see if it's still possible to get the replacement disc.

Comment

Working...
                X