X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starburst Magazine # 316 - Battlestar Galactica

From Visimag:

http://www.visimag.com/acatalog/VI_D..._198.html#a316

(Starburst is a UK based scifi magazine. In the US, you can order online from the link above, or check with your local Borders or Barnes and Noble Bookstores for the
    magazine.)

Issue #316 • ships from Sep 23 2004
    News-stand Price • UK £3.99 / US $7.99
    116 pages

Battlestar Galactica 2004
    • Sexy Cylon Tricia Helfer finds it pretty hard to keep herself covered up as Number Six in the new Sci-Fi series. She reveals more…

Sixy Lady

The series' sexy Cylon played by Tricia Helfer finds it pretty hard to keep herself covered up. She reveals even more to us…

As the weekly series of the ‘re-imagined’ Battlestar Galactica prepares to launch on Sky One mid-October, we catches up with Tricia Helfer, the Human counterpart of Cylon femme fatale Number Six, to uncover her latest evil deeds.

For the former model, appearing in magazines to promote perfumes and clothes ranges was all part of her job. But forget Armani and Chanel, this season Tricia Helfer is the face of… Cylon. The gorgeous actress is preparing for her hiatus, having nearly wrapped Battlestar Galactica’s première season. “We’re working on the last two episodes at the same time and we’ve only got about a week-and-a-half left of shooting,” she beams. “I started five months ago, thinking it was going to be a long time, and now the end is staring me in the face.”

The mini-series explained that the Cylons have created 12 different Human clones, of which Number Six is... well, Number Six. That story concluded with a troop of the clones marching on the screen, of which three were played by Tricia. The Sixes are back again for the series. “All the Number Sixes are the same model clone, but their environment and job shapes their outlook a little bit,” Tricia shares. “My goal was to make the Number Sixes noticeably different. In addition to Baltar’s ‘imaginary’ Number Six, there’s one I call Caprica. She’s more of a base model – not so seductive, but stronger and more military-like. There’s also a Number Six called Shelley, and she’s a little more intellectual; I enjoyed interacting Shelley with Eddie [James Olmos – Adama]. Michael Rymer [director of the mini-series and Episodes 1, 12 and 13] has watched all the episodes and he commended me on the subtle differences between the Sixes – I was glad he’d picked them up.”

The three-hour mini-series was shot over a three-month period, and yet only five months were allowed for the entire 13-episode run. “Pace is definitely a factor, and you have to speed things up a bit when you’re trying to pump out an episode every week-and-a-half,” she laughs. “I’ve been in every episode this year and the workload changes depending on the storyline. We’ve got a large ensemble cast, so there are some episodes that are lot lighter for me. I guess the biggest difference between the mini-series and weekly show is having a different director every week. Michael Rymer did the mini-series and then the first episode and that made him one of the father figures of the show. We lost him for a while, but we’ve got him back again for finale Episodes 12 and 13. In the meantime we had new directors coming into a machine that was already up and running, and I guess that was difficult for them as well.”

by Nick Joy
    Get the full interview in
    Starburst #316

Alien vs Predator
    • Director Paul WS Anderson on bringing two alien behemoths together, with actor Colin Salmon on his latest role investigating mysterious goings-on beneath the ice.

Dead Like Me
    • She’s as fresh as a daisy on the first day of spring! Actress Laura Harris talks to us about life and life-after-life as the dead attractive Daisy Adair in this hit series…

Bubba Ho-Tep
    • Elvis is living in a retirement home with JFK and an evil mummy! Star Bruce Campbell explains why he’d rather play a retired Elvis than bow to the mighty corporate dollar…

Special Sealed Section
    Star Trek
    • Packed full of photos from behind the scenes at the James Doohan Tribute Convention, where the cast of Star Trek (TOS) recently gathered to say a fond farewell in Los Angeles

PLUS! Win a Star Trek: TNG complete series DVD boxset and a private screening of your favourite episode for you and your friends!

Star Trek
    • George Takei reflects on his recent emotional reunion with old friends and colleagues, and looks to the Future…

Van Helsing
    • Journey with us to the iconic Industrial Light and Magic to discuss effects work with Visual Effects Supervisor Ben Snow

Hex
    • Discover why lesbian student Thelma is hiding a big secret. Jemima Rooper talks to us about her mysterious character in this genre treat for Hallowe’en. Spooky…

Anacondas: The Hunt for the Red Orchid
    • Actress KaDee Strickland talks to us about co-starring alongside a giant killer snake, while trying to top-up her tan in the process…

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
    • Jay Wilson, lead designer of the new video game leads us into a bloody battle… Lock and load!

EverQuest II
    • Christopher Lee has enjoyed a wider variety of roles than most. His latest part, however, is a little unusual even by his standards…

Lord of the Rings
    • Star Sean Astin has now collected his experiences of the production in a new book. We ask “Why now?”

News
    Star Wars Episode VII: No Hope
    Stargate 2 rumours
    Anderson defends Alien vs Predator
    Scotty retires from public life
    Superman costume designer appointed
    Shaun of the Dead gets dead good reviews in the States
    Beaker and Bunsen pip Scully to top scientist award

Reviews: Films
    Alien vs Predator
    Bubba Ho-tep
    Code 46
    The Punisher

Reviews: TV – Sealed! section
    Stargate: SG-1
    Stargate Atlantis
    The Dead Zone
    Dead Like Me

Plus
    Trailer Park
    Our witty caption writer has a look at Blade: Trinity

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Proof-Positive
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Proof-Positive

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

I´m waiting for my own copy of starburstmag. Meanwhike, you might check the STARBURST special, with an interview to Starbuck, another one to Mary mcDonnell (Roslyn for president) and another one with one of the producers, cotaining a few details of "33" and a few pics. DREAMWACTH has posted a "behind-the-scenes" too, pretty interesting, talking with Ron Moore and Katee Sackhoff too, and there will be even more next month, but I still miss a full coverage with more extensive articles...and the series, of course.

Comment

Working...
    X