X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power/no-power cargo storage on darts?

Wraith culling storage.

Setting aside the energy requirements, do you think they used memory that is dependant on power or like flash memory, no continuous power needed? IE, if a dart had -all- it's power drained, would it wipe its memory of what cargo it was carrying? Or would the cargo still be safely stuck there until someone re-powered the dart?

Originally posted by rd_alone View Post
    Wraith culling storage.

Setting aside the energy requirements, do you think they used memory that is dependant on power or like flash memory, no continuous power needed? IE, if a dart had -all- it's power drained, would it wipe its memory of what cargo it was carrying? Or would the cargo still be safely stuck there until someone re-powered the dart?
    The patterns degrade as the power source depletes. This was actually shown on an episode of Atlantis in... season 2 I think?

Comment

Season 3, The Ark I think.

Over time, no matter if power was steady, the energy signatures would degrade.

Darts are only for short-term storage

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
        Season 3, The Ark I think.

Over time, no matter if power was steady, the energy signatures would degrade.

Darts are only for short-term storage
        Season 4 duet

http://stargate.mgm.com/seasons.php?series=2&season=2
        Best quotes ever:
        O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
        Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
        Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
        Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
        Thor:I like the yellow ones
        O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
          Their energy signatures were merged because power wasn't getting to the Dart evenly.

They had enough energy, just not the right way to put it into the Dart. So they had to use the Gates controll crystal to regulate and buffer power.

Go Green

Comment

The implication from duet was that the power had to be steady/precise etc to -retrieve- the people from storage. However, rereading the transcript, it doesn't say definitively if the life signs are dependant on power being present, but certainly that power fluctuations could wipe them out. Gah.

The basic thing behind my asking is a plot-bunny for a fanfic that would depend on someone being stuck in an unpowered dart for a long (very long) time until a Keeper came along and could repair the dart power and get them out. So I'm trying to work out where the holes in the idea are so I can write my way around them.

Comment

Working...
            X