This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I think the leak was an inside job.

After sg1 season 10, AoT was supposed to come out some time BEFORE xmass. I think in October? Well anyway, it was puched back to March sue to effects.

But then, a little after its original release date, it is leaked.

It had to be an inside job. Probally someone high in production ranks. Because it isn't very good quality, somebody got a video camera and filmed it whilst it was playing in the production theater.
    Why?
    In the beginning, the MGM lion is off center.
    It was leaked right before Xmass as a gift to the gaters.

It all adds up.

Go Green

Erm! JM has already stated that it was an insider that leaked this video on his BLOG!
    Originally posted by JM
    Also something to think about is the fact that while having an early version available online may seem like a good thing for Stargate fans anxiously awaiting the DVD’s release, it is a very, very bad thing for Stargate and could adversely impact the future of the franchise. I know, I know. You guys are huge fans and most of you will buy the DVD regardless. However, there are many fans and first-time viewers in particular who will not. And, bottom line: if the DVD sales are undermined by this early release, then that could well effect the possibility of future SG-1 movies.

To those of you complaining that this is exactly like the aforementioned Adrift and Lifeline situations or the early release of Doppelganger - No, it isn’t. In the case of Adrift and Lifeline, the version that found its way online could have been one of the hundreds of screeners sent out to critics all over North America. In the case of Doppelganger, iTunes mistakenly released a copy of the episode a week early. In the case of The Ark of Truth, however, it was someone in a position of trust (which is kind of sad). And, unlike, say, the hundreds of North American television critics and their family members, or the countless subscribers to iTunes, that “circle of trust” (apologies to Robert DeNiro’s Jack Byrnes) aint that big. Someone, either out of spite or simple sheer stupidity, stole a copy of the unfinished movie, pirated it, and put it online - essentially putting the future of SG-1 at risk - and there’s a good chance this individual will be caught. And when said jerk/idiot/criminal IS caught, here’s hoping they receive a good legal ass-kicking.

Comment

a leak, by definition, is an inside job...

Comment

If they wanted to drum up publicity, then surely they'd have only released part of it. If it were me, I'd run it until the 304 went through the supergate into the Ori galaxy.

Then I'd have ended it right there!

Leave people begging for the rest. Making them eager to get the DVD when it's released. Instead of giving them the whole movie. It might have not had a few touch up SFX but it was still the whole movie. So now many will say I've seen it, therefore I won't bother getting the DVD cos it won't offer up anything new. Which of course it won't. Sure they can add in special features, behind the scenes & all that. However not everyone is interested in that sort of stuff.

So if it was an inside job that was done on purpose to drum up publicity for MGM, then I think they've done more harm than good!

Comment

JM said:
          In the case of The Ark of Truth, however, it was someone in a position of trust (which is kind of sad). And, unlike, say, the hundreds of North American television critics and their family members, or the countless subscribers to iTunes, that “circle of trust” (apologies to Robert DeNiro’s Jack Byrnes) aint that big. Someone, either out of spite or simple sheer stupidity, stole a copy of the unfinished movie, pirated it, and put it online - essentially putting the future of SG-1 at risk - and there’s a good chance this individual will be caught. And when said jerk/idiot/criminal IS caught, here’s hoping they receive a good legal ass-kicking.
          The sad thing is that the person who had the copy may have not loaded it up or shared it, but a relative went 'oooh' and made a copy and then it multipled from there. No matter what, someone's head is gonna roll...

Comment

You should have said: I know why it's been done on purpose.
            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Definitely inside job. Hell, I'm thinking TPTB or an MGM higher-up may have even leaked it intentionally...

Comment

I think it was obvious from the start that it wasn inside job. Workprints aren't sent out for review or ratings, only the final versions are. So for someone to get their hands on an incomplete version, one that would only be used by those making the movie to view the progress of it, and leak it, would require inside access.

sigpic

Comment

possibly someone from Rainmaker as the name does show up before the movie starts.

Comment

It doesn't necessarily need to be Rainmaker though. Considering they do the special effects, if they had did a rough cut of the movie with a general idea of what it would look like then they'd probably need to get approval before they completed the work. So any copy sent out to the PTB's could have been leaked by someone they know or a guy who just happened to see it laying around.

BTW, Congrats on 3000.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                      BTW, Congrats on 3000.
                      Wow, I didn't even notice lol thank you.

Comment

my gut instinct is someone at the production house. they got it out of the building. then either they or they gave it to a friend, who pirated it

which is a dang stupid thing to do cause it could cost that person their job at the least and get themblacklisted at the most or prosecuted
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Definitely an inside job IMO. I don't think it will affect sales of AOT much though when it does actually come out.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            Definitely an inside job IMO. I don't think it will affect sales of AOT much though when it does actually come out.
                            Yup, it's the only logical expaination... personally I'd love to know how the 'finding out who is blame' process is getting along... and when they find the Insider responsible how they deal with them...

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                              It had to be an inside job. Probally someone high in production ranks. Because it isn't very good quality, somebody got a video camera and filmed it whilst it was playing in the production theater.
                              Why?
                              In the beginning, the MGM lion is off center.
                              It was leaked right before Xmass as a gift to the gaters.

It all adds up.
                              Yes it was leaked from someone on the inside its a workprint.
                              And the Quality was good, not great, but all in all not bad, Hey I'd still buy the movie when its available, so they still won't loose my dime.
                              Good Movie, well worth the wait, I won't spoil.

Comment

Working...
                              X