Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are You Entering the Publish Your SG Work Majoby?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are You Entering the Publish Your SG Work Majoby?

A synopsis of your proposed story. Synopsis word count: 2000-4000 words (no more, no less). The synopsis must be for a novel which is an original work, written by you (and a co-author if you like). It must not have been published elsewhere in any format including the Internet. Target length for finished novels is 75,000 - 80,000 words so please ensure your synopsis has sufficient scope to fill a book.

A 30-page writing sample which may be either fan fiction, a published or unpublished manuscript or an extract from your proposed novel. You do not have to have completed a novel before submitting your outline. If we like your proposal, we will give you important advice on the development of your manuscript.

A concise history of your writing experience, including published/unpublished fictional works, fan fiction and any fiction writing awards you may have won. You may include non-fiction writing credits, but we will give more weight to fiction writing, especially when it's science fiction/fantasy related.

A proposal submissions form and legal disclaimer, both of which will be made available for download from this site from 1 November.

http://www.stargatenovels.com/submissions.shtml

so anyway? I might give it ago !
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

What's the minimum age for this?
    sigpic
    In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

ihaven't seen anything on their site about age requirements. My guess would be that if you're under age, your parents sign the contract for you.

My suggestion: e-mail them and ask. They will respond to you.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm definitely gonna give it a go. Could be fun.

Cathy
        'Oooh. There's that Mitchell-guy again. Hot stuff. Say, whatever happened to Crichton?'

Comment

This is so cool. I wish I had the time just now to give this a shot. Alas, with school and work, I'm going to be really busy over the next few months. Still that is exciting ... maybe if I get a really great idea

Comment

yeh ive already mailed them asking if theres an age limit?!
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I just check the site, and here's what they said about age:
              "No, you can be as old as you like <g>. However, if you are younger than 18, you will have to get your proposal and disclaimer signed by a parent/guardian."
              sigpic
              In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

I already have an idea that I'm going to submit. If Fandemonium don't want it, I'm going to make it into a fanfic!!!!!
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I don't want my parents looking @ anything I write!! lol

I got my synopsis & everything ready!! And I started writing!! Hehe!! And same as wat SueKay said
                  If they don't want it fanfiction.net will!!

Comment

Why should I even bother ?
                    I mean, I live in the Netherlands and it will turn out to be 'US residents only' anyway.
                    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

The writer of the first book was English wasn't she?

Anyone?

Madeleine

Comment

going by the phrases she used 'jack talking/thinking about something going 'pear shaped''
                        i believe she is

it's possible, so that they could deal with them in person, that fandy chose to go with brit authors/artists.

be sorta rude to recruit americans who can't even legally buy the books to write them

sigpic

Comment

Janus, the first writer hails from Germany. She's just studied in the UK. And the books are published in Britain. I most definitely don't think there's any limitation on where you come from.

Give it a try. Don't give up before you've even begun. I'm from Denmark and I'm working on my synopsis and the story itself already. It's worth the try. If they accept your story, it's party-time. If not... well, at least you tried, right? Give it a shot.

Quote from the Stargate Novels site:

"I know you are not able to sell your SG-1 novels in the US, but will you be taking submissions from US-based writers?

We accept proposals from anywhere, even if we aren't allowed to sell the novels in that territory!"

TTFN,
                          Cathy
                          'Oooh. There's that Mitchell-guy again. Hot stuff. Say, whatever happened to Crichton?'

Comment

I mean, I live in the Netherlands and it will turn out to be 'US residents only' anyway.
                            As others have said, I really don't think this is the case with this particular publisher. They seem pretty open to ideas no matter where or who they come from. Which is rather refreshing.

Albion
                            Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

exactly. they'll take subs from anyone/anywhere.

send it in

worst that'll happen is that you've wasted 40 odd pieces of paper and postage

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X