PDA

View Full Version : New look for Micheal ??? little spoiler

P2J
December 22nd, 2007, 05:36 AM
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/P2J84/ekU4Q808evEurVlIZ1ue-v2MDhZCKWNQ020.jpg

i'm assuming this is Micheal.

doesn't he look more human then the last time we saw him in vengeance ??

zer0_1
December 22nd, 2007, 05:46 AM
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/P2J84/ekU4Q808evEurVlIZ1ue-v2MDhZCKWNQ020.jpg

i'm assuming this is Micheal.

considering the image is dark and all, he does look more human, there are some wraith features i noticed though

perhaps he took some of becketts retrovirus

Teelie
December 22nd, 2007, 03:29 PM
Or possibly the retrovirus is still working but has been very slow in its progress.

Mitchell82
December 22nd, 2007, 03:31 PM
considering the image is dark and all, he does look more human, there are some wraith features i noticed though

perhaps he took some of becketts retrovirus

It's a horrible quality image so it's hard to tell.

Jumper_One
December 22nd, 2007, 05:03 PM
It's a horrible quality image so it's hard to tell.

true but it's good to have him back ;)

Mitchell82
December 22nd, 2007, 07:07 PM

Indeed.If he is a bit different my guess is it has something to do with Carson. If my theory is correct that he made a clone what if he had to reinject himself with the retrovirus in order to get the human genetic material that he needed.

the fifth man
December 22nd, 2007, 07:36 PM

Definitely good to have him back.

Vala_M
December 22nd, 2007, 08:29 PM
That does appear to be Michael but shouldn't he be looking more Wraith instead of less? I am still surprised that the retrovirus made him change appearance wise from normal Wraith (From Dr. Beckett's DVD/CD videos) to the way he looks now.

Where is that clip from?

Vala,

Avenger
December 22nd, 2007, 09:11 PM
Looks quite interesting either way.

Col. Shadow Quinn
December 23rd, 2007, 12:52 AM
How much longer till Michael dawns a Starfleet uniform and speaks in a Southern accent?

jonos101
December 23rd, 2007, 02:13 AM
That does appear to be Michael but shouldn't he be looking more Wraith instead of less? I am still surprised that the retrovirus made him change appearance wise from normal Wraith (From Dr. Beckett's DVD/CD videos) to the way he looks now.

Where is that clip from?

Vala,

its from the second half of season 4 trailer

Mitchell82
December 23rd, 2007, 08:51 AM
How much longer till Michael dawns a Starfleet uniform and speaks in a Southern accent?

:lol: I still have trouble not seeing him as Trip.

Mitchell82
December 23rd, 2007, 03:18 PM
:lol: if he was on sg1 it would have been in the 200th epsidoe

That would have been sweet. I loved him on Enterprise.

Mitchell82
December 24th, 2007, 12:18 PM
he could ave taken brad's place

Huh?

ashman2
December 24th, 2007, 03:58 PM
If that is Michael, which I'm pretty sure it is, it's quite a good move for him, because with a humanlike appearance it would enable him to blend in with humans, and it raises the question of whether there are other Wraith out there looking like humans. Of course it could be something completely different.

Ltcolshepjumper
December 24th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Huh?

Brad Wright. "200". star trek scene.

Vala_M
December 24th, 2007, 07:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl7qp7hd1tk

Thanks, I never noticed that before.

If that is Michael, which I'm pretty sure it is, it's quite a good move for him, because with a humanlike appearance it would enable him to blend in with humans, and it raises the question of whether there are other Wraith out there looking like humans. Of course it could be something completely different.

I don't know but the Wraith Queen in "Allies" had a more human skin tone but definately not appearance.

Vala,

Mattathias2.0
December 24th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Maybe he is trying to appear more human without losing his memory permanently? I dont know.

Mitchell82
December 25th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Brad Wright. "200". star trek scene.

That's right he was Scotty. A damn good one too.

Julie
December 27th, 2007, 05:32 AM
connor did say that he doens't relaly like the make up so maybe he asked if there could do something differnt

Mitchell82
December 27th, 2007, 03:03 PM
connor did say that he doens't relaly like the make up so maybe he asked if there could do something differnt

I can't blame him. No actor/actress likes prosthectics or extensive makeup. I remember an old video behind the scenes of Mrs. Doubtfire where Robin Williams said it was exuasting because it too 6 hours to put on and 4 to take off then worked 12 hours on top of that.;)

PhoenixKnght86
December 31st, 2007, 05:06 PM
We've been having this discussion in the Not Quite Human LJ Community for Michael. I'll just copy and paste from my post the details on that and then link the rest.

I always thought...that Michael would in fact slowly become more human as time went on because...if you take acutal real science into consideration at this point...human cells replace themselves every month (skin and some organ tissue) to every 7 years (skeltial systems)...

In all honestly, it would burn Michael up to know that even though the retrovirus never took hold on him in the beginning and keep him human without more doses...that eventally the human DNA in his now hybrid body would eventally take hold and spread like any real virus throughout his body...replaceing the irratus bug mutation with the missing links of human DNA.

To add, the discussion carried over (http://community.livejournal.com/michaelkenmore/17913.html#cutid1)that with the slow transformation the only parts of his body that should not be affect is his eyes and his Central Nervous System. So he would turn human but still think, feel, and identify as a wraith.

As for the teaser...the more I look at the more I think that maybe he is not so human looking as we think he is...but the producers of the show are very accomdating to their actors and actress (for example, Ronon won't have those dreads for much longer because of his actor's request). Then I notice that his hair isn't white anymore and his face carries a little less of the skeltical structure that makes him look wraith (the brow mostly and the lines around his mouth) and I think that he may in fact be becoming more human for whatever reason we ponder.

I'm almost dead certain he's got carson though!

Rocky89
January 5th, 2008, 07:12 PM

He's got a :anubis:thing going on.

jenks
January 6th, 2008, 01:21 AM
I wish they wouldn't compromise the make up and prosthetics's just for the actors, it was bad enough when Adria lost her cool eye colour...

Rocky89
January 7th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I wish they wouldn't compromise the make up and prosthetics's just for the actors, it was bad enough when Adria lost her cool eye colour...

It was actually.

Winter
January 7th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Indeed.If he is a bit different my guess is it has something to do with Carson. If my theory is correct that he made a clone what if he had to reinject himself with the retrovirus in order to get the human genetic material that he needed.

Yeow! That's a good one Mitchell82! I wonder what he thinks about becoming less than what he is each time. . .

Winter
January 7th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks, I never noticed that before.

I don't know but the Wraith Queen in "Allies" had a more human skin tone but definately not appearance.

Vala,

That was because she was a young Queen - like Jewel Stait's Ellia in Instinct. When they are young they have more of a human skin tone and ingest food the same way we do but as they age, all that starts to change. Did you notice the silver white in the Queen's hair?

FirePhoenix
January 7th, 2008, 06:42 PM
After trolling these forums for several years I've finally decided to sign up and add some input cause I fear I'm missing out on adding great insight! :D

__

Ok maybe I'm over thinking this, but after reading this and then thinking back to "Misbegotten", doesn't Michael do something to Carson or take something from Carson. I just rewatched the scene to try and pinpoint it and Michael distinctly engages in the fact that Carson is the kind of person he can talk to because he shows a greater empathy towards others and has an open mind.
He threatens Carson by saying how many years must he take to get information and Carson says he doesn't know anything so you may as well kill me. Then Michael says he underestimates himself. Then Michael says, perhaps using telepathy (im unsure) he says "You're exactly what I need".

Next thing we know he's found on a bed in a tent and Sheppard says "He's barely conscious".

Now could he have taken DNA and other crap to bring back Carson later on. Seeing as Michael is a scientist n all!

Thoughts?

GoSpikey
January 12th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Now could he have taken DNA and other crap to bring back Carson later on. Seeing as Michael is a scientist n all!

Thoughts?

Do we know for a fact that Michael is a scientist? Because he could have easily become one by tapping all that knowledge out of Carson's head?

rarocks24
January 12th, 2008, 12:56 PM
That was because she was a young Queen - like Jewel Stait's Ellia in Instinct. When they are young they have more of a human skin tone and ingest food the same way we do but as they age, all that starts to change. Did you notice the silver white in the Queen's hair?

Hair color is not necesarily indicative of age in a Wraith. Ellia was probably going to become similar in appearance to the Wraith Queen seen in Submersion, Allies, and Spoils of War, who all had very dark hair. It's possible that the Queen in Allies was going to develop white hair, but that might be one strand and maybe a problem with her genes, like how some people have a strand of blonde hair in brown hair or white strands in black.

I'm almost certain that the Queen portrayed in The Hive was from the far other reaches of the Wraith Queen gene pool. She also seemed rather young and far less wicked than the others.

Gaeth
January 13th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Michael is my favorite villain in all of Stargate; He's the kind of bad guy you can almost feel sorry for (that's the best kind). I hope the retro virus isn't still turning him more human. But then again it would add to his tragic life, as if he kept becoming more human and maybe even kept losing his memories. It'd take away his longevity and his identity, very much like Jon Irenicus from Baldur's Gate 2.

If the retrovirus is still in his system he could always blast himself with radiation to kill it and then feed on a bunch of people to regenerate his damaged tissues.

Pharaoh Atem
February 23rd, 2008, 04:32 PM
i love the new hybird look!! not human but not wraith anymore.

pic
http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/graphics/419_08.jpg

it gives connor more of a chance to use facial expessions which is always important in acting

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 24th, 2008, 01:14 PM
i love the new hybird look!! not human but not wraith anymore.

pic
http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/graphics/419_08.jpg

it gives connor more of a chance to use facial expessions which is always important in acting

he is well creepy looking now but ultimatly cool enough!!! he cant feed anymore :O:O