This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda OT and yet not...

... I've finished one fic where Daniel returns (after the ascension-thingy) and have another one on a similar line in the works. One thing that always bothered me about the show was how lightly they skipped over his return. I'm sure this has been discussed before (I'm new. Give me a break. ), but still. So I've been trying to 'fix' that in my own dubious way by expanding on the return (changing it, in other words) and giving the others a more emotional approach to finding out that Daniel is back. To be honest, that's been a pet-peeve of mine ever since Danny returned. It was like: Oh, hi, you're back! And that was that. It made me feel kinda like it didn't really matter to anyone that he was there or not (the other characters, I mean).

Also, now that I'm here and blabbing away without anyone to stop me ( ), I would like to know what's a go in StarGate fic and what not. I've been writing X-Files fic for years before stumbling into Farscape, which I now have written for years too, and somehow the fics (both the ones I write and the ones I read) tend to end up in a line where the main characters suffer in one way or another, the so-called hurt/comfort fics. Is that interesting in this universe? And if so, how far do authors go? I'm not thinking death-fics (don't much like those, to be honest) but using e.g. torture as a plot device to make the characters grow mentally or something along those lines.

I just want to know how far I can take my fics without -- well, let's be honest -- offending anyone. I do have a tendency to get a little rough on my characters sometimes.

Thanks for listening to me ramble.

TTFN,
    Cathy
    'Oooh. There's that Mitchell-guy again. Hot stuff. Say, whatever happened to Crichton?'
Working...
X