Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancient/Wraith conection? All speculation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient/Wraith conection? All speculation.

Spoilers for SG-1's "New Order"-
    When Jack wakes up after being frozen in new order, they ask him what the last thing he rememers is, to which he replies by saying something like-
    "I remember having my head sucked, and something aout twins."

There was a thread disscussing what this line meant, and a few people speculated that it might have soething to do with Patty & Selma from the simpsons (what with it being his favourite show and all). But after seeing Atlantis, I've begun to think that this statement could be a little more sinister than at first sight.

What if, and this is major speculation on my behalf, all the ancients were born as twins? One good natured, one Evil natured?
    Good natured Twin = Ancient
    Bad natured Twin = Wraith

?????

Is it plausible that this is the way that the wraith reproduce? Maybe the reason why the Ancients ascended in the firs place? after all, if they are ascended, they can theoretically live forever, therefore dont need to reproduce because the species wouldn't die out. Or maybe, whilst the Ancients were ascending, they discovered that only enlightened souls can ascend, so they make some sort of vessel for their un-enlightens conciousness = the wraith!

Possible or not? you tell me.
    Last edited by Butterfly-Dreamer; 11 October 2004, 09:47 AM. Reason: want to liven it up, get more people reading it
    Andy "Chores!?! What are we, Amish?"
    Charlene Spencer "He's gotten so precocious."
    Citizen Joe

Oh, common.
    Is it really that bad an idea?
    Have i shamed myself by sugesting the idea?

I just thought that the whole reference to twins might have something to it.

Oh well, i shall go hang my head in shame!
    Citizen Joe

Comment

Well i must say i always kinda figured the twin thing to be the whole Daniel Jackson and Ship Daniel Jackson, i guess that could be all wrong also

Comment

Originally posted by Butterfly-Dreamer
        Oh, common.
        Is it really that bad an idea?
        Have i shamed myself by sugesting the idea?

I just thought that the whole reference to twins might have something to it.

Oh well, i shall go hang my head in shame!
        Yes. Because they first met the Wraith sleeping on a world in Pegasus.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't know if I can buy into that idea. I have one little questions pop up from it. Some of the Anchients abandonded Atlantis to go back to earth. (Right?) If that is true and what you say is true, wouldnt there be Wraith here?

Comment

but what if they only started to ascend when they reached pegasus. then they would only be in pegasus.
            Citizen Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Butterfly-Dreamer
              Spoilers for SG-1's "New Order"-
              When Jack wakes up after being frozen in new order, they ask him what the last thing he rememers is, to which he replies by saying something like-
              "I remember having my head sucked, and something aout twins."

There was a thread disscussing what this line meant, and a few people speculated that it might have soething to do with Patty & Selma from the simpsons (what with it being his favourite show and all). But after seeing Atlantis, I've begun to think that this statement could be a little more sinister than at first sight.

What if, and this is major speculation on my behalf, all the ancients were born as twins? One good natured, one Evil natured?
              Good natured Twin = Ancient
              Bad natured Twin = Wraith

?????

Is it plausible that this is the way that the wraith reproduce? Maybe the reason why the Ancients ascended in the firs place? after all, if they are ascended, they can theoretically live forever, therefore dont need to reproduce because the species wouldn't die out. Or maybe, whilst the Ancients were ascending, they discovered that only enlightened souls can ascend, so they make some sort of vessel for their un-enlightens conciousness = the wraith!

Possible or not? you tell me.
              In all honesty, it appears to be a sexual innuendo. I doubt it has anything to do with the Wraith. I also don't think the Wraith and the Ancients are related. The Ancient hologram lady in "Rising" said the Ancients awoke a powerful and ancient dark force who rivaled them in technology and outnumbered them. She wouldn't speak of her own people in such a way. It's not logical.

I really like how you are thinking, but unfortunately, the facts don't add up to the same conclusion. I think you're on to something, but I don't think it's the same result. I like how you think though!

Comment

I still have a hard time accepting that the Wraith are connected to the Ancients in any way aside from the war they fought against each other. The show practically tells us as much. They found and woke this enemy, they didn't create it or become it.
                Last edited by Ancient-Jaron; 18 November 2004, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Ancients = Wraith

That would be a desperate desperate plot twist that only dying shows would attempt. That is my opinion.

ANCiENTS & TOLKiEN
                  One race to found them all, one race to zap them,
                  One race to guide them all, and in the universe transcend them

ODE TO JOY
                  Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
                  Wir betreten Feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.

Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt;
                  Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Comment

Impossible, and if TPTB MADE it possible, they'd receive really nasty mail from me.

Comment

BESIDES! You're forgetting Bart's twin.

Comment

That would sound to convenient, there would be no fun in that or a big plot twist which would take the show in new direction.
                        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

The more i think about this theory the more it grows on me. sure the hologram in Rising said the Ancients had awoke a powerful and ancient dark force. but you can awake something inside you, maybe something happened to the ancients in Pegasus, maybe an experiment about how to cure the plague went wrong and created the Wraith. Also both Ancients and the Wraith have amazing healing ablitys, so they could be conected.

Comment

But there technology is completely different wraith tech organic combined with other materials. The ancient tech looks more advance and is no organic.
                            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I doubt this is one plot twist TPTB will visit. Aside from the fact that it doesn't really fit in with the canon we know, if the Ancients became the Wraith, you'd think several other things would have happened, such as:

1. Wraith figuring out how to take back Atlantis after the Ancients left... after all, they're the Ancients. They built the shield, surely they can get inside it, much the same way as how Ancient Puddle Jumpers seem to be able to pass through Ancient shielding (if I remember this correctly... from The Rising)

2. Earth's location. Once in Atlantis, they'd know all about Earth, and how to get into our Galaxy.

3. The Ancient gene /should/ be present in the Wraith population, allowing them to use Ancient technology (not necessarily, but possibly). At the very least, they'd have a working knowlege of Ancient technology.

I'm sure there is more, this was only a few minutes thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X