What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do?

Okay, the producers have given you a budget and asked to generate a new series for the B5 verse.

When do you set?
    Where do you set?
    Who is it based on?
    Any Main characters appearing?
    Any similar shows to give contex?

See I was thinking about one set two/threes years after the IA foundation the 'good will' has worn thin/off and the political one upmenship has started to bite. The Rangers are streched keeping a lid on the raiders/illegal weapon sales etc, whilst the Drak having secured control of centria prime etc are starting to try and influence other goverments. So the Head of the IA intellegence (the lady from Mars) creates some 'black ops' rangers to fight back, the series then follow these guys and girls as the B5verse gets increasingly dangerous.

Similar to IMF and Alias, in contex.

Actually I would do either the Telepath wars, or finish up crusade.

Or for something completely different go 10-15 years after sheridian's death. The ISA realizes the need to have a seperate location away from Mimbar. Begining construction of Babylon 6. (Babylon 5 was destroyed days after sheridian ascended). Built by the ISA, with Artificial gravity. should be interesting.

Comment

For B6 to happen, you'd need to retcon a couple of episodes of B5. It wouldn't be me really if that happened because I was never too fond of the history of Earth and the Alliance being shown way into the future.

I'd like to do the Telepath war. There is so much there that could happen and I think it's got the best chance of being completely original and mysterious as the events have never been covered.

sigpic

Comment

I would have really liked to see more of Shadow Wars dated back 1000 years.
        To see how it all started, who was fighting against Shadows, and the comming of Valen.

And The Dilgar War.
        We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          For B6 to happen, you'd need to retcon a couple of episodes of B5. It wouldn't be me really if that happened because I was never too fond of the history of Earth and the Alliance being shown way into the future.

True though you could get around it. B5 was the last of the earth built babylon O'neil class stations. By making B6 a different design, heck even just name it B6 and not Babylon 6, you can get around the retconing. Maybe Make it a Mimbari desgined station, protected by Abbai energy shielding with minimal weapons.

Actually the history of earth i thought was a good episode. One that I could very much see happening. maybe a million years isn't enough but one never knows just what the Vorlons did to them.

though the dilgar war would be cool, as you can show hyperions actually being effective. Most fan ficition writers want to use the regular characters that everyone knows. branch out there are tons of sections of EA history, and future that has yet to be written.

Comment

I don't really see the point of making a B6. The whole point of the Babylon Project was to avoid an incident like the Earth-Minbari War by creating a place where humans and aliens could live in peace. After the creation of the ISA, the whole thing became kinda pointless. That's why in the finale Zach says that almost nobody goes to B5 anymore. I also liked the idea that B5 was indeed "the last of the Babylon stations" just like they say in the episode openings. I also think it would make the destruction of B5 very anti-climactic.

P.S. It's Minbari Just to let you know.

A new show? I don't really know, there are a lot of gaps between and the show itself, the movies, and the spin-offs. But those all would probably do better as movies or miniseries'. I really would like to see Crusade finished, but of course that's never gonna happen. I honestly don't know what would make a good series. "Sleeping in Light" really gave me a lot of closure on the whole B5 universe, and while I love seeing new movies and stuff come out, I don't know if a full-blown series would be appropriate.
            Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
            Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
            Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
            --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Definitely the Telepath War.
              sigpic

Comment

Great thread, Garth Claw!

Well, let's see... I have a few story ideas for B5.

Story # 1
                Finish up the Crusade storyline in the form of a mini-series consisting of four parts, each part representing one year.

Story # 2
                Several years have elasped after the death of Sheridan. A new alien threat spells doom for the galaxy, but Garibaldi learns of this and teams up with Matthew Gideon to stop them.

Story # 3
                Do a tv movie about the "Great Burn".

Story #4
                Do a tv movie where it takes place one million years later, where humanity have evolve into pure energy beings, guiding the younger races and learning from the Vorlons' mistake.
                Have you ever remembered what life was like before you were born? That's how it will be like after you're dead.

Comment

I think a general rule would be "nothing beyond Sheridan's death." Anything after that I just wouldn't care about. In general, i'm inclined to agree with Xicer. A new trilogy of books or some more lost tales will do fine for me tbh. Anything else starts to cheapen the franchise and the stories already told, not to mention solving some mysteries better left to the imagination. (New Earth, where Sheridan went, Valen's Shadow War etc.)
                  Last edited by Anubis69; 19 December 2007, 01:48 PM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I really like your first idea Whitestar, I think that would probably be the best way to wrap up Crusade. After all, it was meant to go on for five years. As for the new aliens? Sounds cool but I think there are already a few enemies out there we still need to worry about - i.e. The Hand from LotR who claimed to "make the Shadows look like insects" or even the Thirdspace aliens. And again, something on the Great Burn sounds like a nice idea (heck, I really wanted to see that battle after hearing how large of an impact it had on Earth) and I would have loved to see how humanity evolved into Vorlon-esque creatures, but I think that would ruin the mystery.

I agree with anubis in that anything beyond Sheridan would kinda ruin the fun of wondering how the B5 universe turned out in the future. "The Deconstruction of Falling Stars" sufficiently filled my need for that.

I can't wait to see something on the Telepath War. I hope JMS does a Lost Tales episode on it. After seeing that one Crusade episode where that weird alien causes the crew to have flashbacks, I became very interested in the Telepath War.

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.

Comment

Another thing i'd like to do is Valen. What happened after he left, what happened to his body. Perhaps he learnt about the threat from the alien race in 'Legend of the Ranger' and he had himself preserved. Or he preserved himself so he could return to his own time normally and return to being human.

sigpic

Comment

oops sorry about the Minbari, I do hope they don't take it personally.

ooh a story on Valen, and maybe where his wife who fell from beyond the stars came from? I bet she had Long dark hair, and looked similar to Delen.

Comment

The Telepath War, finish Crusade or a series about the Technomages.

Edit: A story about a new great war between the Third Space Aliens and the ISA would be fun too.
                          Signed,

Gregorius
                          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Probably, after all one of JMS's original drafts of B5 where Sinclair would be the Commander for all five years involved both him and Delenn going back in time to fight the Shadows at the end of the series.

Comment

That would have been interesting, Xicer. Especially as Delenn was related to Valen, and that way to Sinclair. The triluminary shone when she touched it, that's how they proved a relationship to Valen.

One more time-travel paradox! Another is where did the triluminaries originally come from... Sinclair brought one with him as Valen, and Delenn had one, although I'm not sure it was the same one as there were three of them. I assume the others were given to Valen by the Vorlons...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X