Goa'uld tech = Ancient tech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'uld tech = Ancient tech?

Could the Goa'uld ships, staff weapons, and so forth be ancient Ancient technology, perhaps before they began building Stargates and so forth? We've seen the same control crystals in both Goa'uld ships and Ancient devices. We also see the same "curvy lines" on the Stargates, Ancient technology, and Goa'uld ships, staff weapons, and so forth.

So, could the pyramid ships and technology that the Goa'uld use actually be Ancient technology abandoned after the Stargate network was setup?

It makes sense. The Goa'uld steal everything else Ancient.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Seeing as how the Goa'uld stole everything they did, or built anything they built upon a stolen idea, I wouldn't be surprised if the staff weapons and what not have ties back to the Ancients.

The drives and gates are definately Ancients, because Atlantis had to have drives inorder to get it to PG, but they were powered by the ZPMs.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
        Seeing as how the Goa'uld stole everything they did, or built anything they built upon a stolen idea, I wouldn't be surprised if the staff weapons and what not have ties back to the Ancients.

The drives and gates are definately Ancients, because Atlantis had to have drives inorder to get it to PG, but they were powered by the ZPMs.
        Exactly what I just said

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
          Could the Goa'uld ships, staff weapons, and so forth be ancient Ancient technology, perhaps before they began building Stargates and so forth? We've seen the same control crystals in both Goa'uld ships and Ancient devices. We also see the same "curvy lines" on the Stargates, Ancient technology, and Goa'uld ships, staff weapons, and so forth.

So, could the pyramid ships and technology that the Goa'uld use actually be Ancient technology abandoned after the Stargate network was setup?
          I know I'm not the only one who's said ths before, but in the thread I first mentioned it in, I was a very minority opinion. It was a thread far, far away, and a long time ago.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I don't think every exact item the Goa'uld use was invented by other races. But based on their technology, certainly.
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Do you not need the Ancient Gene to work Ancient tech?

If so then the Go'ault tech would be based on, not neccessarily the original, Ancient tech unless every host & Jaffa has the ancient gene which is highly unlikely

Comment

Originally posted by Tyr

If so then the Go'ault tech would be based on, not neccessarily the original, Ancient tech unless every host & Jaffa has the ancient gene which is highly unlikely
                Yes.

And Goa'uld probably fuzted around with it and bybassed the whole 'Ancient' gene thing.

But maybe that's why some Goa'uld stuff needs Naquadah. The hand device, the healing device and such...

Comment

It would seem to me that the Goa'uld truely are parasitic in everyway. They stole technology from the Ancients and TRIED to steal Tollan technology. :nod:

Comment

Originally posted by Tyr
                    Not generally, no. Many Ancient devices can be used by anyone. From what we have seen so far, it looks like only tech that connects with the users mind needs the user to have the Ancient gene.

Comment

It's possible that a lot of Goa'uld tech is derived from primative Ancient tech, but not necessarily all of it...or any of it except for what Anubis was able to assimilate.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                        It's possible that a lot of Goa'uld tech is derived from primative Ancient tech, but not necessarily all of it...or any of it except for what Anubis was able to assimilate.
                        At the very least, we know that ring transporters were used by the Ancients millions of years before the Goa'uld were around.

Comment

I guess that that could be the cause of the Goa'Uld tech but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by rmbeast
                            I guess that that could be the cause of the Goa'Uld tech but I doubt it.
                            If they could steal the rings and the stargate, they could steal other Ancient tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                              The Goa'uld TelTec (sp?) found/aquired the sarcophocis technology from the ancients. He modified it to use less power, to accomidate human bodies.

If a Goa'uld takes a human host that has "The Gene", does that then enable the Goa'uld to use their technology as well? Probably not, but it's a thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X