Name Ivanova's Ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name Ivanova's Ship

I've begun to write a crossover story involving Babylon 5, Stargate, FarScape, Star Trek, Dragonriders of Pern, and my own science fiction Universe.

Out of Babylon 5, I have the Warlock that Ivanova took command of at the end of Season 4. But, the ship needs a name. Any ideas? Is there any books involving her command?
    sigpic
    "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
    Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

The Gandalf!

Comment

How about naming her the McCaffrey? There is a precedent, the Asimov (on some DVDs mistakenly spelled as the Azimov).

Besides, I think that the Narn naming convention might have something to do with Pern dragonrider honorifics, or for that matter, the Narn ship the N'Ton might be named for a Pernese character.
      sigpic

Comment

EAS Marcus Cole.

sigpic

Comment

Ivanova's received the command of the First Warlock class vessel. It was named the Titans.

http://b5tech.com/earthalliance/eart...k/warlock.html
          Originally posted by B5Tech.com
          Following the conclussion of the Earth Civil War, the experimental new Warlock class Destroyers began their innitial tests and shortly there after went into active service. First among these new warships was the EAS Titans, under the command of Captain Susan Ivanova. Titans was soon followed by the Sorcerer, Necromancer and Enchantress.
          Though if given the chance she mght have named it the Cole.

Comment

Is it canon that it's called Titans? Used in a book or something?

Odd how Ivanova goes from Second in Command to Captain of Titans, while Riker goes from Second in Command to Captain of the Titan. Wonder if that's a nod to B5.

sigpic

Comment

There are a few books that aren't (Clark's Law). But, most B5 books, I believe, are considered canon by JMS.

So... Titans, huh?

Much thanks.
              sigpic
              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
              Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Yep the EAS Titans is canon. The name came from the B5 short story "Hidden Agendas" by JMS publised in B5 Magazine. It's one of six canon short stories (see the link at the bottom of my sig for more info). Basically, Ivanova suspected the Titans of having Shadow tech incorporated into its design. This story was pretty much supposed to tie in with two of the unproduced episodes of Crusade ("To the Ends of the Earth" and "The End of the Line") which were supposed to deal with Earth's secret use of Shadow technology. So anyway, I think Ivanova takes the ship to B5 (this all takes place during the first half of S5 by the way) to get help from Sheridan. And somehow they link Ulkesh's ship with the Titans and get rid of the Shadow technology.
                Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Working...
                X