This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wraith = The Ancients?

I just had this thought come to me - don't be too worried! - that what if the Ancients weren't wiped out by the Wraith. What if the Wraith were actually some strange or evolved version of the Ancients.

What if way back in the day after the Ancients showed up, some aliens showed up and started a little war with the Ancients. Maybe they released a biological agent, and it affected the Ancients DNA. And after a while, they evolved (if you can call it that) into the Wraith.

They're both highly advanced, and they both have that healing power.

The Ancients can heal themselves and others and could probably live naturally forever.

The Wraith suck the life out of people and use that life to heal themselves...

I know there's not much evidence to support this or anything, but it makes sense... To me at least...

My sister pointed out something to me. Humans weren't in the Pegasus Galaxy before the Ancients showed up. So what did the Wraith feed upon?

It would make sense that the Ancients are in some way the Wraith. They would show up around the same time that humans do, and feed upon them...

What do you think?

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Also, maybe this would explain why some people (like Teyla) can sense the Wraith.

Some of the Ancients weren't turned into the Wraith and evolved (if you can call it evolving...) into humans, but since humans and Wraith are strangely related they would be able to sense the Ancient gene... or... whatever.

Comment

Ancients are slightly more advanced humans, and we as of yet have no evidence that the Wraith are even remotely related. I would think that a hint of that would be clear to Beckett when he was handling the arm, and the samples from Steve.

I'm just not seeing the evidence for this theory.

Comment

I have thought about that to.

Comment

It's just a thought!

It make sense to me.

I'm just not good at gathering evidence and presenting it.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
            It's just a thought!

It make sense to me.

I'm just not good at gathering evidence and presenting it.
            With only 10 episodes to base this theory on...it's pretty good. Unfortuntatly your going to just have to wait for more "evidence" to present itself along the way.

Here's to January!!

Ace
            "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
              With only 10 episodes to base this theory on...it's pretty good. Unfortuntatly your going to just have to wait for more "evidence" to present itself along the way.

Here's to January!!

Ace
              Ha! Make that November 8th for Canada!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                Ancients are slightly more advanced humans, and we as of yet have no evidence that the Wraith are even remotely related. I would think that a hint of that would be clear to Beckett when he was handling the arm, and the samples from Steve.

I'm just not seeing the evidence for this theory.
                I find it an interesting concept, maybe that some force somehow changed some of them into the Wraith. Maybe a virus or weapon!? If the ancients seeded the galaxies (2 so far), then why would the wraith have such a symbotic reliance on human life forms. I believe Major Sheppard tried giving 'Steve' animals as a substitue at one point. For some reason, they are only interested in Humans.

They do both have that healing power. That would be a neat twist, corrupt your enemy to hunt and feed of their own kind.

Comment

A previous thread about this as well:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...raith+Ancients

Comment

Originally posted by LordMartin

Hehehe.

I never knew.

Comment

From what the hologram in Rising said, the Ancients set foot on a dark world where a terrible enemy slept. Never had they met an enemy with power that rivaled their own. In their overconfidence, they were unprepared and outnumbered. The enemy fed upon the defenseless human worlds like a great scourge until finally only Atlantis was left. The great shield repelled their terrible weapons, but there they were sieged for many years.

The message goes on, but thats basically the gist of how the Ancients and Wraith are like humans to beasts. There is no comparison except that they are of humanoid appearance (bipeds)
                      Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Originally posted by LordMartin

Ah...There's the post I was waiting to find.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                          Ah...There's the post I was waiting to find.
                          Of course it was coming...

Comment

What if the Wraith were actually some strange or evolved version of the Ancients?

Ummm... no. I seriously doubt that. Come on, think about it. The hologram said that they awoke a horrible enemy. Then they figured out the wraith are somehow allergic to salt water (which is why submeging the city kept it safe). And the Wraith just in general hate the Ancients and their technology and don't really understand how it all works. I don't know... I just can't think of ANY good reason whatsoever to believe this theory. It just makes 100% more sense to me if they're not the same. So... (for now) no.
                            There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Then they figured out the wraith are somehow allergic to salt water (which is why submeging the city kept it safe).
                              Pure speculation. The whole bit with the wraith-bug "reacting" to salt water could of just been the bugs way of saying "leave me alone!".

The logical reason for them sinking the city and abandoning it is simple; they didn't want the Wraith following them back to Earth. Had they fired up Atlantis and traveled back here, the Wraith would have been able to figure out where they were going and followed.
                              By sinking the city and using the gate to return back here, the Wraith would have had no idea where the ancients went, thus keeping the Milky Way safe.
                              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Working...
                              X