Babylon 5: All Five Seasons Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Babylon 5: All Five Seasons Review

Babylon 5 is perhaps one of the best sci-fi tv shows to ever grace the tubes in a very long time. It was a groundbreaking show that became the very first "novel for television" with a definite beginning, middle, and an end. What made the show fantastic were the fact that the characters were three dimensional, its engaging and intricate multi-narrative storylines, surprise plot-twists and subtle mysteries. One of the things that makes this show unique from previous sci-fi shows is that no one is sacrosanct, characters live, die, get promoted (or reduced in rank) and transfer, just like in real life. Another thing that made Babylon 5 so fascinating was its sense of irony and G'Kar's warning in "Mind War", about no one is exactly they appear is true to the core. As the series progressed, viewers' perceptions of the characters have altered dramatically since the launch of the series.

For example, Londo initially appeared to be a jolly and comic buffoon. His position is a joke and nobody takes him seriously. But once his allies himself with the Shadows and almost annihilates the entire Narn people, the Centauri Republic deems him a hero and suddenly he has friends he never knew he had, and now threatens to take the galaxy to the edge of destruction, and eventually pays the price when he ascends to Emperor of Centauri Prime. G'Kar began life as an angry freedom fighter, then he became a villain, and graduated to THE most sympatheic character in Babylon 5 history, he was at peace with himself and became a happier and enlightened individual, not to mention becoming an legendary religious icon in the process. Sinclair was an insecure fighter pilot/space station commander and became Valen. Sheridan went from being a hot-headed and impulsive captain who was proud of his metals, to a mature and important politician, and became the very first president of the Interstellar Alliance. Delenn went from a V.I.P. member of the Grey Counsel to leader of the Rangers, and finally to Vice President of the Interstellar Alliance. Vir went from a meek attache to an outspoken ambassador, and finally as the Emperor of Centauri Prime, becoming an unlikely hero as well. Lennier went from dog-obedient attache to renegade ranger. Lyta went from a shy and sweet lady to a self-advocate, confident and extremely powerful telepath. Zak was a recovering alcoholic and became chief of security. Garibaldi went from chief of security who nearly lost his life due to one of his own who betrayed him, to drunken loser/investigator, recovered from his alcoholism and eventually reunited with his true love, Lise with the two of them taking charge of Edgar's Industries. Dr. Franklyn went from stim junkie to an enlightened man, becoming a Foundationist.

Unlike Star Trek, Babylon 5 had a more darker and cynical view of the future. Now, this is not an attempt to put down Star Trek because I'm a fan of Trek too, in fact, Star Trek, the original series in particular, was also revolutionary for its time, it's just that Babylon 5 took it a step further. It was a more realistic and believeable universe, but despite its darker tone, creator J. Michael Straczynski is adamant that the series is not pessimistic at all, in fact, quite the contrary. The fact that the human race still exists in the 23rd Century is inherently optimistic and the series shows that we can continue overcoming whatever problems arise. It depicts humans and aliens as imperfect beings and the fact that all of the species in the Babylon 5 universe are imperfect allows them to be more tolerant, flexible, understanding and loving towards one another.

Like a lot of good shows, they don't always start off great and Babylon 5 began that way. It started with the pilot, "The Gathering", introducing all of the characters and establishing the Babylon 5 universe. The acting was flat and dull, the pacing of the story was uneven and boring, and the music was uninspiring. If I were a television executive and Straczynski presented it to me, I would have said "No deal" and laughed him out of my office. The only saving grace of the pilot was the "who-dun-it" storyline, but it was executed poorly just the same.

Season One Review In A Nutshell
    Then a year later, season one premiered and it was an uneven and dull one at that. Nearly the entire season consisted of standalone episodes, which I personally don't mind, but they were simply not important to the overall major storyline, let alone interesting, with the exception of a few. The only several episodes that made it worthwhile and engaging were the ones that focused on the Shadows making their first move, but unfortunately, that didn't happen until the season was almost over. I would have preferred if Straczynski had wrote a 13 episode guide for season one instead of the usual 20 to 22 episodes, with just those episodes focusing on the Shadows. That way, it would have been cheaper to produce and serve as a test run, as well as making it a more solid season. The introduction to the characters is quite slow and the only ones that really stand out are Garabaldi, Ivanova, G'Kar, Londo, and Delenn. Overall, the first season gets off to a shaky start, but it gets much better towards the end, especially its season finale.

However, it also didn't help the fact that Michael O'Hare as Sinclair was the series lead in the first season. I'm sorry folks, but he's just a terrible actor. He couldn't act his way out of a bag if his life depended on it. He's stiff as a board and has no chrisma at all. And everytime I listen to his droning voice, it always put me to sleep. Gee, it's no wonder that Ivanova fell asleep when he discussed about his experience with Jesuit Priests about the importance of breathing! LOL. O'Hare was (supposedly) a stage actor and it was well documented that he was not accustomed to the fast-paced and back-breaking experience of tv production. In addition, he had a hard time memorizing his lines, so the writers had to simplify his speeches and worked with a voice coach on the set. Plus, that notion about him having a problem with his lines only shows he's a very poor actor because even though tv production is more fast-paced when you're shooting 40 pages a day, whereas in film you're shooting 2 and a half pages a day, you still have plenty of time to rehearse. I have a friend whose an actor and he admitted that while television is definitely a lot faster paced than in movies and theater, television is easier when it comes to running lines, however, it's also more frustrating because of having to run through the same lines over and over for pick up shots, different camera angles and what-not.

However, theater/stage is the most difficult medium compared to TV and film because you have to stay in character for a total of two hours, barring intermissions. Plus, if you forget your line you have to cover yourself and your fellow actors by improvising. I'll give you an example. Prior to joining my first acting class, I attended a free show at the theater where I was going to study acting. There was a scene where one of the actresses was supposed to show up, but she was running late and instead of coming to the backstage area, she came through the audience, telling her fellow thespians (and the audience) that she apologizes for being late, but she had some things to attend to! LOL. Hence, stage/theater is harder than tv and movies because you really have to think on your feet. It's not impossible to do, it's just a matter of training, that goes for everything.

In regards to his abrupt departure from the show, well, after doing a lot of research, I came to the conclusion that it was for a variety of reasons. Originally, Straczynski envisioned Sinclair to stay on for all five seasons of Babylon 5. God, help us if that had happened because I would have tuned out long after seeing season one! LOL. Anyway, as Straczynski was completing the outline for season one, he immediately realized that he wrote himself into a corner with the Sinclair character because Sinclair was already an enlightened individual who was "already there", so to speak, so there was no more room for character development, hence, he decided to transfer him to the Minbari homeworld, serving as Earth's first ambassador on Minbar. Another reason for O'Hare's departure was that O'Hare himself admitted that he didn't feel comfortable with doing television work, let alone as the series leading man and it obviously showed onscreen with his awful acting. He wanted to return to doing theater work instead and parted on very good terms with Straczynski, who later told him that he will bring closure to his character sometime down the line. A third reason for O'Hare's departure was that the television executives didn't like O'Hare as an actor and as a leading man. They too have stated that he lacked chrisma and didn't possess a strong presence of a series leading man. And lastly, it was quite apparent that there was some bad blood between O'Hare and Jerry Doyle. I got the inside scoop from a friend of mine who was running a Babylon 5 convention in which I had the opportunity to meet O'Hare in person. He seemed nice and forthcoming and I noticed that he praised Mira Furlan, Bill Mumy, and Richard Biggs as wonderful actors, as well as calling them his friends, but he deliberately avoided mentioning Jerry Doyle. After the convention was over, I turned to my friend Paul and asked him what the deal was because I thought that O'Hare's onscreen chemistry with Doyle was somewhat convincing. Paul told me that the reason why they hated each other was that O'Hare was trying to put the moves on Andrea Thompson, who played Talia Winters and was married to Doyle at the time. Understandably, this pissed Doyle off and ever since then they never spoke to each other.

Anyway, let's get back to the original storyline that Straczynski had intended to produce. Everything that happened to Sheridan would have happened to Sinclair, that is, Sinclair's love interest, Catherine Sakai would have return from Z'ha'dum and lured him back to have a meeting with the Shadows. Sinclair activates the Whitestar via remote control on his comm link and destroys the city of Z'ha'dum, killing Catherine in the process as he dives into the abyss. He dies and is resurrected by Lorien, and eventually becomes the first president of the Interstellar Alliance. However, the final episode would have ended somewhat differently than the final product. The story takes place 20 years after the end of the rest of the series and Sinclair is dying. He bids his wife Delenn goodbye, takes the Triluminary with him, steals Babylon 4, and travels back in time to become Valen. He lives a very long life thanks to the Triluminary and advanced Minbari medical technology (which is pretty advanced considering that its a thousand years old), and at the end of his life, he travels to Corrina 6 to die, and Lorien carries his body with reverence as they both entered the Rim. End of story.

Continue on next page....
    Last edited by Whitestar; 16 December 2007, 11:47 AM.
    Have you ever remembered what life was like before you were born? That's how it will be like after you're dead.

Continued from first page....

Season Two In A Nutshell
    After learning that O'Hare was leaving for good, I was relieved and hoped that Ivanova would be promoted to commander because I just love her character and she was a better actor than O'Hare. But once I heard that Bruce Boxlietner would be O'Hare's replacement, I was thrilled. I have always been a big fan of Boxlietner's dating back before his Scarecrow and Mrs. King days. He is like the Harrison Ford for tv. He has a ton of chrisma and has what it takes to be a successful leading man. And importantly, he's a superior actor who can act circles around O'Hare. I just wished he was hired for the first season because just with his mere presence, the season one would have been more bearable to watch compared to O'Hare. Anyway, lots of things are happening in this season. Earth President Luis Santiago has just been assassinated, Clark assumes the presidency, tensions between the Narn and the Centauri spiral out of control with the Narns under Centauri oppression once again, Delenn morphs into a half-minbari-half-human hybrid, a civil war breaks out between the Drazi, a virus wipes out an entire alien race, the Shadows continue their alliance with Londo, and Kosh finally reveals himself to all the alien races when he saves Sheridan's life, each of them seeing a different interpretation of their idea of a God or Gods. Season two is a vast improvement over season one and a lot of it has to do with the departure of Michael O'Hare and Bruce Boxlitner as his replacement. The standalone episodes are much more engaging than the first season as well and we get to learn more about the alien races culture and customs. It's not the best season, but it's still way much better than season one. Definitely a step-up.

Season Three In A Nutshell
    This is the major turning point for the series where everything goes to hell. Babylon 5 breaks away from Earth that splits Earth-gov squarely down the middle that ensues chaos on Earth, as well as declaring martial law as it slips into a dictatorship, Earth-gov military forces are sent to take control of Babylon 5 (and Mars) and spawns a civil war, the League of Non-Aligned Worlds engage their first battle with the Shadows at a very high cost which also results in Kosh's assassination, Sheridan journeys to Z'ha'dum with Anna and destroys the city (and Anna) with two nuclear warheads onboard the White Star as he falls into the dark abyss apparently dead, and Garabaldi goes missing in action during a dogfight. One of the highlights of the season is the introduction of the ranger Marcus Cole, Sheridan gets a new starship called the White Star, Sinclair's destiny is finally revealed, Sheridan uses Bester's telepaths that were modified by the Shadows to be used against them, and the Vorlons engage the Shadows and defeat them with ease. Wow! Oh my, oh my, oh my! So many things are happening in this season that you can hardly catch your breath! This is THE best season so far and nearly every episode is solid gold. The show has finally found its feet. Onwards to season four!

Season Four In A Nutshell
    Sheridan miraculously returns from the dead after being resurrected by the mysterious Lorien, Garabaldi is eventually rescued by Zak and his security team, Sheridan assembles the League of Non-Aligned Worlds together, along with the remaining First Ones as they launch a final assault on the Vorlons and Shadows which brings an end to the long historic conflict, a Minbari civil war begins (and ends very quickly), the Earth-Mars civil war finally comes to an end with Earth recognizing Mars's independence, and Sheridan steps down as captain of Babylon 5 and becomes the first president of the Interstellar Alliance. Whew! Another extraordinary season! However, one thing I'm not too pleased about was the way how the Vorlon-Shadow war was handled.

First of all, it ended way too quickly. The part where Sheridan gives an ultimatum to the Vorlons and Shadows to "get the hell out of our galaxy", attempting to prove that the younger races can stand on their own two feet is implausible and illogical from a storytelling point of view. But to be fair, this is not entirely Straczynski's fault because the PTEN network was going to disappear, which meant that the chances of getting a fifth and final season were slim to none. Therefore, he chose to cram the Vorlon-Shadow War and the Earth-Mars Civil War together in season four in the likely event of not getting a fifth season. But then TNT picked up the show and Straczynski was forced to come up with new storylines, so he came up with the lame Telepath story arc and the more engaging Fall of Centauri Prime arc.

Now, I completely understand Straczynski's reasons for tying up nearly all of the loose ends, but I don't like how he did it. As I mentioned before, the notion of the ancient and powerful races like the Vorlons and Shadows would listen and agree with Sheridan's ultimatum was really very hard to swallow because these races were practically Gods in their own right. The response from the Vorlons and Shadows should have been amused laughter followed by a major battle by all three fleets, easily wiping out all of the younger races with their extremely advanced weapons technology. The idea of the Vorlons and Shadows giving up so easily does not make sense from an emotional and logical standpoint.

Second of all, the Vorlons suddenly changed from being good guys to being just as bad as the Shadows. Up until that time the Vorlons were basically a force for good. I've always thought that they could have done more for our heroes, but then we would have had a very different story. Anyway, it is revealed that the Vorlon fleet is huge and are going from star system to star system destroying entire planets and killing millions or billions of other living creatures. If they are so E-V-I-L, why did they help the Minbari and give them the White Star technology? Why did the Vorlons help create the Alliance against the Shadows? I feel that this change on the part of the Vorlons was not rational and not handled well at all.

Here's how I would have dealt with the end of the Vorlon-Shadow war. Instead of starting their campaign of planet killing, they are finally brought out of hiding and gather up their fleet. The Shadow fleet is forced away from Centauri Prime because their base is blown up and then a huge battle between the Shadows vs. the Vorlons, Babylon 5, Minbari, Centauri, Drazi, along with the combination of the Great Machine and the fleet of the First Ones ensues, sufficiently destroying the Shadows and their homeworld. Afterwards, Lorien, Vorlons and the First Ones head off into the Rim.

Season Five In A Nutshell
    It's my understanding that JMS was originally going to end the Earth-Mars civil war after the first few episodes of season five and then start with the Telepath War, followed by the fall of Centauri Prime. But instead, we got the Telepaths taking up residence on B5, prolonging the inevitable Telepath War, making the season very boring and pretentious. The only saving grace of season five were the episodes "Day of the Dead", "A View From The Gallery" seen from the perspective of those maintenance workers Bo and Mac, and the "Fall of Centauri Prime". This season could have been better had Straczynski decided to do the Centauri storyline as a 13 episode guide, just like he could have done the same with season one on the Shadows storyline I mentioned previously. To make matters worse, the abrupt departure of Claudia Christian due to wanting to pursue a film career made Straczynski very angry and us fans sad, and we were stuck with Tracy Scoggins's Elizabeth Lochley. Now, Scoggins is a fine actress, but the writers didn't give her much to do, creating a very dull character. Her presence is sorely missed with her sardonic wit and dry sense of humor. Just think how season five would have turned out with Ivanova in charge of B5!

Anyway, that's all I have to say about all five seasons. I have some thoughts on the tv movies, but that's another thread.
    Last edited by Whitestar; 13 August 2009, 10:04 PM.
    Have you ever remembered what life was like before you were born? That's how it will be like after you're dead.

Comment

wow great review Whitestar!

Originally posted by Whitestar View Post
      Just think how season five would have turned out with Ivanova in charge of B5!
      that would've been awesome!

looking forward to your thoughts on the movies
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

B5 is a masterpiece of writing. It's theatrical presentation (think live theater) and heavy intellectual and philosophical content make it a bit hard for some to "get into" but much like the book it is partly based on (Tolkien's Lord of the Rings) it invites repeated viewings, memorization of its most soaring passages and even meditation on its ideas.

Once a year, I will watch my extended versions of the three Lord of the Rings movies and my DVDs of B5.

Comment

Very nicely written review, White Star! You've been greened.

As far as your comments about the loose ends in Season 4, I agree with you. JMS had his reasons, but it didn't work as well. It'd be a great "What If" to see what JMS would have done if he'd been guaranteed the 5th season in advance to see how the wars would have panned out.

I LOVE the overall arc of B5, and my wife has become a fan. Interesting points about Michael O'Hare's acting, I hadn't researched it. My wife had said something seemed off in his acting but I never thought much, as I wanted to watch the whole series on DVD for the whole thing. I've always felt Andreas Katsulas's portrayal of G'Kar was wonderful.

Sometime when I have more time I'll throw some of my own thoughts regarding this great series together, but again, you did a GREAT job with your reviews.

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

Originally posted by Whitestar
            Second of all, the Vorlons suddenly changed from being good guys to being just as bad as the Shadows. Up until that time the Vorlons were basically a force for good. I've always thought that they could have done more for our heroes, but then we would have had a very different story. Anyway, it is revealed that the Vorlon fleet is huge and are going from star system to star system destroying entire planets and killing millions or billions of other living creatures. If they are so E-V-I-L, why did they help the Minbari and give them the White Star technology? Why did the Vorlons help create the Alliance against the Shadows? I feel that this change on the part of the Vorlons was not rational and not handled well at all.
            I dunno, I liked it. It fit with the "no one here is what they appear" thing. Also, it was really the first kind of hint that the Vorlons and Shadows were manipulating the whole situation to prove their own ideologies by making the younger races fight. Although, as soon as one of their own died or suffered, they took it out on everyone. I also liked that it greyed the lines of who was right. Up until then we'd believed the Vorlons were, literally, Gods and could do no wrong. In actual fact they were nothing more than another side of the coin. Another choice that any civilisation could make.

As to them leaving not being "logical", from a parental point of view it does. IMO, Sheridan used that metaphor quite aptly. (I'd imagine) If your own children tell you that they don't want you around... It'd be pretty crushing. Given their whole point of being was to watch over the younger races and they'd clearly lost their way, it makes a lot of sense for them to leave with the person they most consider their father.

But yeah, awesome post.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
              I dunno, I liked it. It fit with the "no one here is what they appear" thing. Also, it was really the first kind of hint that the Vorlons and Shadows were manipulating the whole situation to prove their own ideologies by making the younger races fight. Although, as soon as one of their own died or suffered, they took it out on everyone. I also liked that it greyed the lines of who was right. Up until then we'd believed the Vorlons were, literally, Gods and could do no wrong. In actual fact they were nothing more than another side of the coin. Another choice that any civilisation could make.

As to them leaving not being "logical", from a parental point of view it does. IMO, Sheridan used that metaphor quite aptly. (I'd imagine) If your own children tell you that they don't want you around... It'd be pretty crushing. Given their whole point of being was to watch over the younger races and they'd clearly lost their way, it makes a lot of sense for them to leave with the person they most consider their father.

But yeah, awesome post.
              I definitely agree with this, I don't know if B5 would have been as good if it had a huge final battle between the Shadows and Vorlons, it'd feel kind of generic and cliched.
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                wow great review Whitestar!
                Thank you, Jumper One. I'd like to hear more about your thoughts on what you liked and didn't liked, and what things you would have liked to have seen on B5.

Just think how season five would have turned out with Ivanova in charge of B5!
                that would've been awesome!
                Indeed. I just wished that Straczynski had Ivanova in charge of B5 from the beginning of season one instead of Sinclair.

looking forward to your thoughts on the movies
                Soon, my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610 View Post
                  B5 is a masterpiece of writing. It's theatrical presentation (think live theater) and heavy intellectual and philosophical content make it a bit hard for some to "get into" but much like the book it is partly based on (Tolkien's Lord of the Rings) it invites repeated viewings, memorization of its most soaring passages and even meditation on its ideas.

Once a year, I will watch my extended versions of the three Lord of the Rings movies and my DVDs of B5.
                  Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by TheXym View Post
                    Very nicely written review, White Star! You've been greened.
                    Thank you, my friend.

As far as your comments about the loose ends in Season 4, I agree with you. JMS had his reasons, but it didn't work as well. It'd be a great "What If" to see what JMS would have done if he'd been guaranteed the 5th season in advance to see how the wars would have panned out.
                    Yes, it's a shame that JMS didn't have the chance to do it the way he originally intended and you can blame the network executives for that. However, according to the DVD commentaries, he stated that he managed to get 85 percent of what he envisioned in his head into reality, so he's happy with that.

I LOVE the overall arc of B5, and my wife has become a fan. Interesting points about Michael O'Hare's acting, I hadn't researched it. My wife had said something seemed off in his acting but I never thought much, as I wanted to watch the whole series on DVD for the whole thing.
                    LOL! I hadn't noticed about O'Hare's awful acting either until upon the second time seeing the saga all over again. The thing is, he was supposed to play a character who had a hard time expressing his feelings and while it is possible to write a stiff millitary type character who represses emotion, the writer can only influence it so much. Once the film starts rolling its down to the actors interpretation. I know someone who saw O'Hare prior to his part on B5 and he told me that he O'Hare was basically the same as his B5 character. He just doesn't have that much charisma at all, and is more mechanical as an actor, thus, he just does not seem to emote a great deal.

I've always felt Andreas Katsulas's portrayal of G'Kar was wonderful.
                    Amen! G'Kar was extrordinary as well as Londo. JMS has stated in an interview that in a lot of ways the story of B5 is more about G'Kar and Londo than anything else.

Sometime when I have more time I'll throw some of my own thoughts regarding this great series together, but again, you did a GREAT job with your reviews.
                    Thanks again for the kind words. I look forward to reading more of your comments on B5.

Comment

You do make a valid point, but the idea of the Vorlons and Shadows submiting to Sheridan's ultimatum so quickly doesn't ring true. The scene where Lorien said to Ivanova about Sheridan's plan about forcing out the truth will set them free is a brilliant strategy, but he also says that is a futile gesture as well. Realistically, I (and most probably Lorien as well) was expecting the Vorlons and Shadows to wiping out the younger races since they had the firepower to do so with ease, and I'm betting that Sheridan and his fleet considered themselves extremely lucky that the Vorlons and Shadows didn't do so.

As to them leaving not being "logical", from a parental point of view it does. IMO, Sheridan used that metaphor quite aptly. (I'd imagine) If your own children tell you that they don't want you around... It'd be pretty crushing. Given their whole point of being was to watch over the younger races and they'd clearly lost their way, it makes a lot of sense for them to leave with the person they most consider their father. But yeah, awesome post.
                      It is an interesting metaphor with the Vorlons and Shadows being the "children" of the First Ones, and while there is a logic to what you're saying, the final resolution of the Vorlon/Shadow War was also anti-climatic at best, very disappointing at worse.

Comment

It is an interesting metaphor with the Vorlons and Shadows being the "children" of the First Ones, and while there is a logic to what you're saying, the final resolution of the Vorlon/Shadow War was also anti-climatic at best, very disappointing at worse.
                        Here, I disagree, I thought the end to the Vorlon-Shadow War was extraordinarily well done. "Now get the hell out of our galaxy."

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                          Here, I disagree, I thought the end to the Vorlon-Shadow War was extraordinarily well done. "Now get the hell out of our galaxy."
                          Everyone is entitled to their opinion, my friend.
                          Last edited by Whitestar; 18 December 2007, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                            Yes, it was quite surprising and refreshing to see a conclusion to a galaxy-wide war that was not a great battle between two powerful opposing forces.

My only disappointment was that line spoken by Sheridan between the quotation marks in your post, Col.Foley. I felt that that line was very cheesy and soured the conclusion a little.
                            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                              Yes, it was quite surprising and refreshing to see a conclusion to a galaxy-wide war that was not a great battle between two powerful opposing forces.

My only disappointment was that line spoken by Sheridan between the quotation marks in your post, Col.Foley. I felt that that line was very cheesy and soured the conclusion a little.
                              I my self loved it.
                              And with the whole thing I was watching the DVDs once and on either one of the special features or the commentary JMS specifically said that the Shadow War was going to be one more of ideology, and view points, then the big huge battle across star systems. He also said that is what he did in the Earth Civil War.

Comment

Working...
                              X