X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ark of Truth: UK Release date!

11 Mar 2008

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stargate-Ark...7724532&sr=8-1

The dvd is All-region so I will asume that they are going for a worldwide release date...

*I'm so glad, saves importing it*

Originally posted by FenRiR Ragnarok Warlord View Post
    11 Mar 2008

The dvd is All-region so I will asume that they are going for a worldwide release date...

As was pointed out in the "Ark Of Truth - Date and Price!" thread, the Amazon.co.uk listing is probably just a placeholder until the actual release date is announced. And while having the movie as an "all region" release would be cool, I wouldn't bank on it until we get some sort of confirmation from an official source.

I hope it is a true international release, but I highly doubt that the UK (or anywhere else) will get "The Ark of Truth" on the same day as America.
    Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by Calhoun View Post
      As was pointed out in the "Ark Of Truth - Date and Price!" thread, the Amazon.co.uk listing is probably just a placeholder until the actual release date is announced. And while having the movie as an "all region" release would be cool, I wouldn't bank on it until we get some sort of confirmation from an official source.

I hope it is a true international release, but I highly doubt that the UK (or anywhere else) will get "The Ark of Truth" on the same day as America.
      I can't see why not... and if MGM want the films to do well it would work out better as there would be less reason to download it... obviously there will still be some but the majority are going to buy it or import if they have to... and even though it's Skyone instead of Sci-fi that premiere stargate here I think consideration by MGM/Fox will be given to international viewers...

And if amazon has put up 11th March instead of TBC for the release date then I'd say that it is far more likely to be correct that changed...

Comment

I only meant, a listing on Amazon.co.uk isn't solid proof of when a DVD will come out, or on what date. I for one am hoping that it is released on the same day as the US, but face it, it doesn't happen often. Even international blockbuster movies often have wildly different release dates. (This isn't always a bad thing for the UK; I picked up the latest Harry Potter DVD over a month ago, and I was astounded when American websites started talking about the "just released" DVD at the beginning of this week!)

Of course, this is usually down to the different regions, but the Amazon.co.uk listing says that "The Ark of Truth" will be released in "all regions". I don't honestly know if Amazon is being a bit premature, or if the DVD will truly be "region 0" (which in itself would be a pretty bold move for MGM).

Of course, given Stargate's international appeal, a "region 0" release would be a good idea... I'm just saying, don't go pinning all your hopes on a Amazon listing. I hope you're right! I hope the UK (and the rest of the world) can get this DVD movie (and later, "Continuum") at the same time as America. I'd just like to hear an official press release from MGM to confirm this, is all.
        Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Of course, this is usually down to the different regions, but the Amazon.co.uk listing says that "The Ark of Truth" will be released in "all regions". I don't honestly know if Amazon is being a bit premature, or if the DVD will truly be "region 0" (which in itself would be a pretty bold move for MGM).
          It has 'All regions' on Amazon.com:
          http://www.amazon.com/Stargate-Ark-T...7742345&sr=8-1
          And what appears on Amazon.com is roughly the same as Amazon.co.uk...

Of course, given Stargate's international appeal, a "region 0" release would be a good idea... I'm just saying, don't go pinning all your hopes on a Amazon listing. I hope you're right! I hope the UK (and the rest of the world) can get this DVD movie (and later, "Continuum") at the same time as America. I'd just like to hear an official press release from MGM to confirm this, is all.
          Yeah I know what you mean and I'm not banking on that info on amazon being 100% proof... I fell for that with 'Stargate: The Alliance', there was some info on the game and a pre-order option, I must have been checking every other month and then suddenly it vanished off amazon... I found out what happened by searching the net...

But any news I think is better than no news on the release...

**And I think the region 0 is a potential plus towards a same time release**

Comment

I suspect the amazon.co.uk listing is just an import of the US version.
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
              I suspect the amazon.co.uk listing is just an import of the US version.
              Possibly or 'The Ark of Truth' was made region 0 and is intended for worldwide usage...

Comment

11 Mar 2008

DAM RIGHT! The UK always gets the DVDs before North America! There4 a same day release should be the next best thing! and because we are 5 hours ahead the UK will still get it 1rst! Like how it should be!
                However i may be in NYC at the time of realse anyways so I can get it no matter what!
                sigpic
                Banner Made By Me for Me
                The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

great news!
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

11 Mar 2008

That is so late. Typical for them to delay it as long as they can ....

Comment

I only meant, a listing on Amazon.co.uk isn't solid proof of when a DVD will come out, or on what date. I for one am hoping that it is released on the same day as the US, but face it, it doesn't happen often. Even international blockbuster movies often have wildly different release dates. (This isn't always a bad thing for the UK; I picked up the latest Harry Potter DVD over a month ago, and I was astounded when American websites started talking about the "just released" DVD at the beginning of this week!)

Since MGM is "testing waters" with these straight-to-dvd movies, I believe releasing them as ALL REGIONS and at the same time in both USA/Canada and England is part of the strategy. It should minimise illegal downloads and increase the sales.

Comment

Did anyone pre-order this on Amazon?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                          Did anyone pre-order this on Amazon?
                          Yup, I pre-ordered it from Amazon.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
                            Yup, I pre-ordered it from Amazon.com
                            I guess I am not the only one . Hope they won't forget about me

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                              I guess I am not the only one . Hope they won't forget about me
                              So far, I didn't experience any problems with Amazon, let's hope it's not gonna change

Comment

Working...
                              X