X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prophet's Rising (409)

Stargate: Horizon
    "Prophet's Rising"

A Vorian Veh'strahl shows up on Horizon, with a rather unusual revelation for Daniel regarding what perhaps his true reasons for having come to Horizon might be.

Check it out!

And then be sure to stop back here to share your thoughts!
    Outstanding
    45.45%
    Good
    18.18%
    Fair
    27.27%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    9.09%

Well better than last weeks.

I like the ending. and how enoly not always up for a fight.

Through I am sought of getting bored of find the object to save the universe storyline, do not you think you done that a bit to much already in the series.

But apart from that a fine episode. The battle at the end was pretty good. but do our people always have to be out done by ground troops, I mean seriously cannot remember the last time our team have won a ground battle against the enoly, they always seem to get surrounded.

Through I am wondering what gonna happen to our one and only keeper, may be it time to call our old friend the tok'ra in and implant a symbiont into him to get some answers, as we know they more than capable of controlling a being with knowledge of ascension and are willing to take host with out the host agreeing to it when the universe is at stake.

Through for people who like to keep their existence so secrete they do like to leave their symbol around a lot do not they.

Also any one searching for that book is looks for needle in a very big hay stack, because frankly if I was in charge of vorian space command It would not even be in vorian space. But I glad for once our team members do not even seem to know where it is either.

I also thought it was dumb to suggest destroying the book, because it contained Nost;ray once it should be able to do it again.

And are we ever goner here from nebulan women again she been keeping rather quiet of late, we could do with some tips however unhelpful they usually are.

I like Daniel being seen as prophet, it would not surprise me if did turn out to be true after all.

I wonder how many vessels the nost'ra have in his fleet now, for him to even consider stiring up trouble with the vorians, it got to be a large number.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
      Through I am sought of getting bored of find the object to save the universe storyline, do not you think you done that a bit to much already in the series.
      Actually, we're not doing that again.

We don't know where the Keepers are, there's no traces, and it's unlikely we'll see them in the near future. I don't think they're even mentioned in any upcoming episodes. Maybe Callen's comment in the end was a little missleading, but he was just making an observation, since according to Daniel the Keepers would probably know how to destroy one of the Sentinels.

But like I said, the Keepers are just a mystery that's out there.

I mean seriously cannot remember the last time our team have won a ground battle against the enoly, they always seem to get surrounded.
      If anything, this battle was a tie -- there was no winner.

They all had their weapons pointed at each other, and that we've never done before. Something that could be called a "John Woo moment," because that happens in a lot of his movies.

Also any one searching for that book is looks for needle in a very big hay stack, because frankly if I was in charge of vorian space command It would not even be in vorian space. But I glad for once our team members do not even seem to know where it is either.
      No one was searching the Book in this episode.

But, still, that'a good point. It's probably not in Vorian space.

I also thought it was dumb to suggest destroying the book, because it contained Nost;ray once it should be able to do it again.
      They were talking about the gateway, from "The Gateway of the Gods." No one suggested to destroy the Book. The Book wasn't even mentioned in this episode.

And are we ever goner here from nebulan women again she been keeping rather quiet of late, we could do with some tips however unhelpful they usually are.
      There's nothing in the works right now, but I'm sure we'll be seeing the Nebulan Woman again.

I like Daniel being seen as prophet, it would not surprise me if did turn out to be true after all.
      Definitely something we'll be exploring further down the road.

I wonder how many vessels the nost'ra have in his fleet now, for him to even consider stiring up trouble with the vorians, it got to be a large number.
      It's probably not that large a number, which was why he told his people to avoid a fight. But the real danger is that Nosah'trah's troops are probably growing in numbers pretty fast, since he's busy cloning Draque lately.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

i kinda thought that this episode would be similar to the seer i guess i was wrong this was okay but im looking to the mid season two parter i know it's storyline impossible but is chase's return going to be anything like Weir's Return in "This Mortal Coil" which btw has to be the best mid-seasoner i've seen next to the return.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          is chase's return going to be anything like Weir's Return in "This Mortal Coil" which btw has to be the best mid-seasoner i've seen next to the return.
          Chase's return will be pretty much the same as Weir's, only completely different.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
            Chase's return will be pretty much the same as Weir's, only completely different.
            sure.

Comment

an undead Replichase? damn I thought you guys weren't going down that route. Yes I said Undead, living yet not alive. They can't ascend as they can't lower their mind to the frequency of the universe expanding.

As for the episode I find Daniels response typical. with all he has been through he should know that absolute statements are wrong. especially when dealing with Ancients, and ascended beings. I can see where this is going in the long term, because such absolute statements are worse than allowing to be worshiped.

Daniel's statement should have been along the lines of.
              I don't think I am your prophet. What matters is the search for him. You can believe what you will, and I shall believe what i will. In the end we shall see which one of us was correct, until that time this should stay between us.
              A wise statement, that will give hope to those who need it, but not hurt either side in the long run.

Comment

I love this one.

This was the perfect moment and the perfect plot to put Daniel on the top of an episode. The main plot is very interesting. Chris and Daniel fits well together and the fact that she make the counterpoint figure to all the moral and psychological difficulties waiting ahead of Daniel. I don't care very much about religion in real life, but I love the different approachings made by sci-fi shows.

This Prophet sounds very much like DS9's Emmisary of the Prophets to me, but in a total different way. And I love the differences, because at first I could smell the similarities and well... that has been made before. No way I could like the same stary with different faces. But that change in few pages. The story took a different way and I'd say, a very good way. So I enjoyed the main plot and I'm fascinated with this part of Vorian background. Thanks!

By the way, nice wink naming the woman of the symbolic story or the parable in the sermon of Jahlesh like the Nebulan woman when she appeared to Callen: De'sya. Is it a common name in Vorian or just a wink?

About the secondary plot... well, the good point is that the main and the secondary plots were joined at the end and they fit great. Both started with no connection at all and were blended perfectly. That means a very good planification and resolution of the episode and I can say that all the work put behind this one brings all us up a really really good result. Congratulations!
                sigpic
                ~The place to take a break at Horizon~
                - That's a lie!!!
                - Indeed it is...

Comment

Originally posted by Senku View Post
                  Chris and Daniel fits well together
                  I think so too. We look forward to exploring how their relationship will evolve over time.

By the way, nice wink naming the woman of the symbolic story or the parable in the sermon of Jahlesh like the Nebulan woman when she appeared to Callen: De'sya. Is it a common name in Vorian or just a wink?
                  The name "De'sya" means "providence" in ancient Vorian. Callen picked up on that in "Revolution." And in this particular case, De'sya is someone who appears in the Spiritual Texts. The Spiritual Texts are the foundation of modern day Vorian religion, not unlike many religions on Earth having a basis in writings. So they contain a lot of different stories and parables.

Now, what could it mean that the Nebulan Woman chose to name herself "De'sya" when appearing to Callen, and that there's also a "De'sya," who appears in the Spiritual Texts?

The answer to that is a question: what do you believe? And that's up for everyone to decide for themselves.

Comment

Now, what could it mean that the Nebulan Woman chose to name herself "De'sya" when appearing to Callen, and that there's also a "De'sya," who appears in the Spiritual Texts?

The answer to that is a question: what do you believe? And that's up for everyone to decide for themselves.
                    I believe what my instincts told me at first sight: "I believe in coincidences, but I don't trust them. (Ok, that isn't an invention of mine )" There's a connection there, that's for sure. At least for me
                    sigpic
                    ~The place to take a break at Horizon~
                    - That's a lie!!!
                    - Indeed it is...

Comment

My muse is speaking to me.
                      Couldn't this prophet be Tom?

Comment

Interesting episode. Nothing special but what can you expect from a what little episode? Was nice for Danny to get the limelight. Not really much to say on this one. So...onto the next ep.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                        X