New Babylon 5 Movie!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Babylon 5 Movie!!!!!!

Hey folks..I was surfing the net last night and for all of you fellow Babylonians(who havent already heard) it looks like JMS is working on a B5 feature film called Memory of Shadows thats due out possibly next year!!Whohoo!
    First Serenity, now Memory of shadows...2005 is going to be a good year for me!

heres the site: http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/guide/116.html
    sigpic
    Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
    "We're not going to Guam are we?"

It's nothing official yet, but this has been rumored to be around for a while. If it actually happens, I will be really thrilled!
    A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

They need to finish up Ledgend of the Rangers, and then Crusade.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I hadn't heard about this, thanks for the heads up.
        O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
        Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by JediTrilobite
          It's nothing official yet, but this has been rumored to be around for a while. If it actually happens, I will be really thrilled!
          Why am I always the last to find out about these things???
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut
            Why am I always the last to find out about these things???
            Because you don't check the Lurker's Guide often enough.
            Rocky

Comment

Cool. It's been awhile since the last one, I'll be looking forward to this.

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                Because you don't check the Lurker's Guide often enough.
                heheh...arent we the funny one
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                  They need to finish up Ledgend of the Rangers, and then Crusade.
                  Are you kidding? LotR was one of the worst B5 movies. Haven't seen Crusade yet though...

Comment

Rangers was awesome. It set up a whole new threat inside the B5 Universe.

And Crusade would be awesome, if TNT didn't try making the characters all lubby dubby.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Hm... I think that you're probably one of the only people that I've heard say that. To each their own though.

Comment

And Crusade would be awesome, if TNT didn't try making the characters all lubby dubby.
                        a whole new threat of pathetic writing, bad effects and a pathetically derivative plot......

sorry to disagree with you, but LotR (and i don't mean Lord of the Rings) was worse than the Star Wars X-Mas special....
                        Thanks!
                        Jordan

my page
                        My LJ
                        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Crusade is coming out on DVD soon. I'll probably borrow it from a friend.

Comment

Hopefully Crusade sales will convince a network it's worth picking up and paying the extortion prices that SciFi wants for the first eps.....

It was a great follow up to the orginal series and was sufficiently different that it wasn't just a blatant spinoff.

not quite related.....i was just browsing around the web and discovered that Richard Biggs (Dr Franklin) died earlier this year....
                            Thanks!
                            Jordan

my page
                            My LJ
                            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

This (The Memory of Shadows movie) has been confirmed unofficially by the Great Maker himself. So it looks set to go.

The death of Richard Biggs who played Dr. Franklin on the show seems to have delayed the project. This is not surprising since he was almost certainly a part of the movie and since they are sure as hell not going to recast him this means a major rewrite.

It's been speculated that the movie might be about the much referenced 'Telepath War.' Babylon 5 did a lot to build up to it, and Crusade (which happens after the TP war) made sever mentions of it.

This rumor is bolstered by the fact that JMS said back in '99 that he was 'saving' the TP war for a movie that might hopefully be made once George Lucas was done with his second Star Wars trilogy (this was back when Crusade was just going into production, if it had not been cancelled it would be just finishing it's run around now.)

Of course things may have changed and others have speculated that this movie might be meant to tie off the 'shadow weapons being researched/used by humans' that Crusade was supposed to tackle. The title certainly fits.

Still, it's clear that it will feature the people from Babylon 5, not Crusade (although there might also be some from Crusade I suppose).

Comment

Working...
                              X