This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about other nations vessels???

A british cruiser built with the help of the US at the alpha site.

The British began a cruiser design program after the disclosure of the Stargate program and the Prometheus. The costs of the project were immense in response the role of other British military aspects was reconsidered decommissioning other wings of the forces including navel vessels and aircraft.

The naquadah required to build the vessel was shipped to the alpha site where the ship was constructed with the aid of the USAF. The vessel also employs newer technologies that were incorporated during the construction such as Asgard weapon systems and hyperdrive and Lantean shields and sensors. The crew was formed from the different armed forces. The USAF also fitted the vessel with 14 F-302s and 10 airmen to operate and train British personnel

As this vessel was the beginning of a new global fleet steps were taken to ensure integration into the current USAF fleet. All ships would be marked up as earth vessels, the current ranking system formed by the United States Air Force would be used by all new vessels.

A new design ship taking on strong design roles from the earlier prometheus and deadalus class vessels but also including atlantean splashes...

a female captain, how about Chloë Annett?

sigpic

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
    a female captain, how about Chloë Annett?
    YES!!! And Chris Barrie, Craig Charles, Danny John-Jules and Robert Llewellyn. And don't forget Norman Lovett as ship AI
    Last edited by g.o.d; 13 December 2007, 03:33 AM.
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

What is this thread for?

Comment

There are no other nations in stargate silly. Just the USA and a bunch of occasionally useful whiner governments, who are sometimes helpful, but mostly just do nothing or get in the way of America's grand destiny among the stars.

I would love to see more emphasis on British, French, German, Russian etc led teams but it's never going to happen. Stargate is like a drawn out version of one of those "watch how America wins WW2" movies.

Comment

USA Rules the roost and when Thor showed up and told everyone the USA is their preferred nation, they did not say much lol. I am sure other nations such as Russia and China maybe getting their own ships soon. They are all represented on Atlantis currently and the tech the Asgard gave the USA will be shared among the main nations.

Comment

Thor never said the US is their preferred nation.

Comment

I think us Brits deserve SOMETHING. We have provided valuable members of the Atlantis Expedition (Grodin and Beckett), and we gave the US permission to beam down to Avalon, in the process the US got their hands on the Phase tech. Obviously it is all now theirs lol, just like they took the Stargate out of Egypt. Doesn't metter where the stuff comes from

Seriosuly though, I think there should be more of a joint effort between countries put into the Stargate program, the US should let other countries help, as at some point in the future once it is revealed it is going to have to have more of an international control, as opposed to a single nation. If people actually went progress, anyway.

Plus, Amanda Tapping is half British

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                Thor never said the US is their preferred nation.
                nope Thor only said he preferred the SG would stay under US supervision

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                I think us Brits deserve SOMETHING. We have provided valuable members of the Atlantis Expedition (Grodin and Beckett), and we gave the US permission to beam down to Avalon, in the process the US got their hands on the Phase tech. Obviously it is all now theirs lol, just like they took the Stargate out of Egypt. Doesn't metter where the stuff comes from

Seriosuly though, I think there should be more of a joint effort between countries put into the Stargate program, the US should let other countries help, as at some point in the future once it is revealed it is going to have to have more of an international control, as opposed to a single nation. If people actually went progress, anyway.
                I think TBTB decided a long time ago that it's ok for other nations to send scientists and soldiers (Rodney, Zelenka, Beckett etc) but they certainly won't get spaceships. that privilege is reserved for the US and Russia (apparently, though we haven't seen any russian ships after the destruction of what's-it-called in Camelot)

Plus, Amanda Tapping is half British
                but Sam Carter isn't
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  nope Thor only said he preferred the SG would stay under US supervision
                  Again I say...they preferred the US to watch over the stargate. If it weren't so, Thor would not have said anything. Its not like they gave their technology to the IOA...They gave it to the US Air Force.

Comment

I think us Brits deserve SOMETHING. Obviously it is all now theirs lol, just like they took the Stargate out of Egypt.
                    It's a bit rich for us to be complaining about someone stealing something from Egypt, isn't it? Have you been inside the British Museum? It's full of stuff, although I'll readily admit it has made my degree somewhat easier as I can actually see what I'm writing about.
                    sigpic
                    If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                    I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

TBH I think the US Military is being selfish in not bringing in other countries. The planet, hell the galaxy is at stake and the US military is still only concerned with them having control of everything. Really if other countries were let into the fold, using their own builders and engineers to build ships, we'd have alot more ships by now and therefore would be able to defend ourselves better.

Comment

In my fanfic work, for later story ideas, I was thinking of adding another 304 to the mix, this one manned by a British crew.

Comment

Well the USAF has the experience. The Russian's first BC-304 mission was a disaster (though no fault of their own). Most of them would probably let the US shoulder most of the costs as well.

Using multinational crews for warships is probably a bad idea. How do you designate authority? Loyality? Deal with language and cultural differences? Even Tau'ri/Tok'ra joint ventures were often shown as problematic. It is safer and easier just to have one crew manning a ship or for a mission.

Comment

Really if other countries were let into the fold, using their own builders and engineers to build ships, we'd have alot more ships by now and therefore would be able to defend ourselves better.
                            This is not certain. The other nations already have trouble to finance their own naval warships. The United Kingdom may have to cancel the construction of several of its future warships, France has still troubles to finance their new Aircraft Carrier, Russia has a lot of projects but don't build a lot of ships right now. The only other country that could have the ressources to build a Daedalus class Battle Cruiser is China, but they don't have the technology required (far from it). Maybe Japan could also build its own 304, but they renonced to nuclear weapons and (theoretically) to war so it wouldn't be very useful.

French don't even appear in Stargate Atlantis (except for Evian water bottles) whereas in reality there are a lot of brilliant french scientists and engineers.

Its not like they gave their technology to the IOA...
                            The IOA didn't exist at this time. But Stargate is very american-centered (I don't think that's a problem, but we have to take that under consideration when speculating about the show). The logical thing from Thor would have been to gave it to the United Nations. But he didn't...

Comment

Well Thor had trust and experience with the SGC of the USAF. They helped save their race, and Thor himself, several times. Why should the Asgard place trust in the United Nations - an entirely new governemnt to them - when the UN hasn't earned the Asgard's trust yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X