This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many Chevrons

Ive yet to see Atlantis yet but i was wondering how many chevrons do thye have to use to dial to other galaxys in the galaxy with atlnatis in?
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
    Ive yet to see Atlantis yet but i was wondering how many chevrons do thye have to use to dial to other galaxys in the galaxy with atlnatis in?
    Atlantis is in the Pegesus galaxy and it required eight chevrons to get there.

Comment

sorry, i didnt mean from earth to atlantis, i meant from atlantis to other planets in the pegesus galaxy!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
        sorry, i didnt mean from earth to atlantis, i meant from atlantis to other planets in the pegesus galaxy!
        Seven. As long as it's within the same galaxy, it's always seven.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

ok thanks, i just saw a someone said it was 8 so i just had to make sure, thanks|!
          sigpic

Comment

I'm gonna use the phone example again lol.

If you were in a province (galaxy), you would dial only seven numbers (seven chevrons) to call up within the province.

If you were dialing out to someone in a different province, you'd have to dial a bunch more numbers (eight chevrons).

But you just gonna wonder what the ninth one is for.

Interdemensional?

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
              I'm gonna use the phone example again lol.

If you were in a province (galaxy), you would dial only seven numbers (seven chevrons) to call up within the province.

If you were dialing out to someone in a different province, you'd have to dial a bunch more numbers (eight chevrons).

But you just gonna wonder what the ninth one is for.

Interdemensional?
              For magic tricks. if you dial 9 with the right combo, limitless swarms of bunnies will pour out.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                For magic tricks. if you dial 9 with the right combo, limitless swarms of bunnies will pour out.
                Cute bunnies?

Or edible bunnies?

Rabbit legs taste like chicken.

Comment

Basically you need a special DHD in order to dial an 8th chevron, and the only reason Earth can occasionally manage it is because they aren't using a DHD, but a jerryrigged system.

I've wondered occasionally, if this was deliberate on the Ancients part. If you accept the Alpha/Beta theory--that they seeded worlds with human life as a second class of citizen/workers for their empire so that the Ancients (Alphas) wouldn't have to be bothered with little things like farming--than what if the reasons that the standard DHDs can't dial extra chevron is because they don't want the 'primatives' going beyond their control?

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                    Basically you need a special DHD in order to dial an 8th chevron, and the only reason Earth can occasionally manage it is because they aren't using a DHD, but a jerryrigged system.

I've wondered occasionally, if this was deliberate on the Ancients part. If you accept the Alpha/Beta theory--that they seeded worlds with human life as a second class of citizen/workers for their empire so that the Ancients (Alphas) wouldn't have to be bothered with little things like farming--than what if the reasons that the standard DHDs can't dial extra chevron is because they don't want the 'primatives' going beyond their control?
                    I think the Ancients were neat freaks who liked to keep things all organized. You can only have a certain number of destinations using seven chevrons. So they figured that for different galaxies to use the eight one and then get a bunch of other destinations.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                      I think the Ancients were neat freaks who liked to keep things all organized. You can only have a certain number of destinations using seven chevrons. So they figured that for different galaxies to use the eight one and then get a bunch of other destinations.
                      Yes, but what i was pondering is the fact that the standard DHD in BOTH galaxies wont let you jump systems. You have to have a special DHD (or at least a control crystal).

So that makes me wonder, why?

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                        Yes, but what i was pondering is the fact that the standard DHD in BOTH galaxies wont let you jump systems. You have to have a special DHD (or at least a control crystal).

So that makes me wonder, why?
                        ... I think I've been hanging around here too much today. I swear I've posted at least 50 posts lol. I can't follow anymore! I think I'll go do something else for a while lol.

Comment

Actually, I quite like the idea of the 9th shevron being interdimensional, what if that was really the truth? What if the wraith werent from our dimension at all!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                            Actually, I quite like the idea of the 9th shevron being interdimensional, what if that was really the truth? What if the wraith werent from our dimension at all!
                            It might explain some of the information we know about Moebius...

Comment

That would be really cool. Both things. Of the Wraith and implicants towards Moebius...

Comment

Working...
                              X