PDA

View Full Version : Speculation: The Seer predicted the destruction of Atlantis...

IlluZen
December 11th, 2007, 01:49 PM
I've compared the scenes from 4x08 The Seer and 4x10 This Mortal Coil, and the Atlantis destruction scenes seem very similar, especially in the way the central spire falls. Here are screen caps to prove my point:

From the Seer:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b311/lostage/Random/SGA4x08SeerAtlantisDestruction.png

From this Mortal Coil:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b311/lostage/Random/SGA4x10MortalCoilAtlantisDestructio.jpg

Could it be possible that what Carter saw was actually the Replicator copy of Atlantis being destroyed? What do you all think? :mckayanime01:

sueKay
December 11th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Yup

PG15
December 11th, 2007, 01:54 PM
I thought that was rather obvious.

Jumper_One
December 11th, 2007, 01:56 PM
yup Carter saw the destruction of RepliAtlantis

IlluZen
December 11th, 2007, 05:11 PM
I thought that was rather obvious.

Darn. I thought I was being clever. *sigh* :atlantistrio:

Detox
December 11th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Darn. I thought I was being clever. *sigh* :atlantistrio:

Nope.

Dark lord me
December 11th, 2007, 06:08 PM
yet its strange .. carter wasent even on fake atlantis or was a there even a clone of her there

PG15
December 11th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Davos thought it was the real Atlantis, that's all it matters.

Amalthea
December 11th, 2007, 06:39 PM
yet its strange .. carter wasent even on fake atlantis or was a there even a clone of her there

They wouldn't know to clone her since Weir didn't know who her replacement was going to be.

Jeffala
December 11th, 2007, 09:34 PM
They wouldn't know to clone her since Weir didn't know who her replacement was going to be.

I agree. They would have had to probe someone since she arrived to know that she was now in command of Atlantis.

Dark lord me
December 12th, 2007, 05:50 AM
I agree. They would have had to probe someone since she arrived to know that she was now in command of Atlantis.

I know what you mean but it WAS carters vision so I would assume it would be better if it was like Ronan who saw the vision

IlluZen
December 12th, 2007, 05:56 AM
I wonder if Carter and everyone in the show will figure it out, if it's important enough. :sam:

Amalthea
December 12th, 2007, 07:13 AM
I know what you mean but it WAS carters vision so I would assume it would be better if it was like Ronan who saw the vision

He only gave the vision to Carter, though because she was commander of Atlantis.

Jeffala
December 12th, 2007, 07:41 AM

It was Davos' vision and he shared it with Carter. He could have shown it to Chuck and it would have still been the same vision.

jenks
December 12th, 2007, 07:42 AM

It wasn't Carter's vision, it was Davos', he just shared it with her because he assumed it was Atlantis and she is the leader. Why would it have been better it Ronon had seen it? What difference would that make?

Jumper_One
December 12th, 2007, 03:08 PM

it wouldn't matter who saw it or why Davos shared it with Carter. maybe because she's in charge, maybe because he didn't wanna share it with Keller, it really doesn't matter. it's just important that someone saw it

Mitchell82
December 15th, 2007, 12:09 PM
It wasn't Carter's vision, it was Davos', he just shared it with her because he assumed it was Atlantis and she is the leader. Why would it have been better it Ronon had seen it? What difference would that make?

Exactly and there was no way he could know that it wasn't the real Atlantis.

Egle01
December 15th, 2007, 12:18 PM
It's a shame, that Davos saw RepliAntlantis' destruction. It was anxiety to think, that Atlantis had such a dark future ahead. Revealing otherwise took the fuzz away.

Mitchell82
December 15th, 2007, 12:30 PM
It's a shame, that Davos saw RepliAntlantis' destruction. It was anxiety to think, that Atlantis had such a dark future ahead. Revealing otherwise took the fuzz away.

It was a relief for me. I kept wondering if it was Atlantis how the heck would they repair it.

Why Carson? Why?
December 15th, 2007, 05:38 PM
It was a relief for me. I kept wondering if it was Atlantis how the heck would they repair it.

Yeah i agrre^^^^ they woulda had no way to fix it not even with the brain power of :sam: :mckay: or the muscle of :tealc: :ronan:

garhkal
December 15th, 2007, 07:34 PM

I am just wondering if it might still come to pass.

x303
December 16th, 2007, 12:37 PM
davos see's whatever in the galaxy related to him or others around that will pass, so that vision was apart of the overall stargate atlantis story.

i three am glad that it wasnt the real atlantis coz how wud they repair it i mean its still pretty battle damaged from moving planets but how wud they repair the main tower with those primary conduits guess they'd have to steal another atlantis from the replicators how nuts wud that b doubt it cud b done

jds1982
December 17th, 2007, 03:52 PM
I've compared the scenes from 4x08 The Seer and 4x10 This Mortal Coil, and the Atlantis destruction scenes seem very similar, especially in the way the central spire falls. Here are screen caps to prove my point:

From the Seer:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b311/lostage/Random/SGA4x08SeerAtlantisDestruction.png

From this Mortal Coil:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b311/lostage/Random/SGA4x10MortalCoilAtlantisDestructio.jpg

Could it be possible that what Carter saw was actually the Replicator copy of Atlantis being destroyed? What do you all think? :mckayanime01:

Um aren't those the exact same shot? It's not like they spent the money to make two scenes of Atlantis being destroyed.

Jumper_One
December 17th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Um aren't those the exact same shot? It's not like they spent the money to make two scenes of Atlantis being destroyed.

indeed those are the same shots

IlluZen
December 21st, 2007, 04:29 AM

Yeah, but they're from 2 different episodes. One was just the vision, and the other was the real event. Good special effects of the tower falling BTW. :cool:

Mitchell82
December 22nd, 2007, 06:19 PM
Yeah, but they're from 2 different episodes. One was just the vision, and the other was the real event. Good special effects of the tower falling BTW. :cool:

Yeah they were but they didn't make two versions. THey just used it in both eps.