PDA

View Full Version : Stargate: Atlantis in Canada

Taonas
October 10th, 2004, 06:55 AM
I just found this out on "The Movie Network's" website ( http://www.tmn.ca/stargateatlantis/schedule.php )... New episodes (ie: The Eye, etc) premier on November 1rst for us!

I can watch them in High Definition! YES!

Sorry, this is very exciting for me. :D

EDIT: Sorry, my mistake... I read for the wrong one, it's in fact November 8th.

MartoufMarty
October 10th, 2004, 07:04 AM
Really? Holy CRAP!

*dances*

YAY!

Taonas
October 10th, 2004, 07:07 AM
Really? Holy CRAP!

*dances*

YAY!

I know, this is great! For once, we canadians can watch something Stargate (in clear picture) before Sci-Fi airs it.
*tears in eyes* I've been waiting for this day for so long... lol.

I'm really sorry if I insulted anyone by saying that :S

MartoufMarty
October 10th, 2004, 07:07 AM
The Movie Network is different from Movie Central because I went on the Movie Central website and it says episode 11 (The Eye) airs November 8th!

Still, yay!!!

Taonas
October 10th, 2004, 07:10 AM
The Movie Network is different from Movie Central because I went on the Movie Central website and it says episode 11 (The Eye) airs November 8th!

Still, yay!!!

Lol, seven days difference.

Ah... But The Movie Network has a High Definition channel... Muahahha.... Atlantis in high def, this is going to rock!

MartoufMarty
October 10th, 2004, 07:10 AM
When do the new episodes air in the states? January?

HA TO THEM!

No not really... Poor them... Maybe THEY'LL download episodes from the net instead of us!

I mean...

Yay.

MartoufMarty
October 10th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Lol, seven days difference.

Ah... But The Movie Network has a High Definition channel... Muahahha.... Atlantis in high def, this is going to rock!
Meh, high def doesn't matter to me. We don't have a high def TV. We have a stereo system that we always turn on when we watch it. It's cool. :D

Taonas
October 10th, 2004, 07:13 AM
Meh, high def doesn't matter to me. We don't have a high def TV. We have a stereo system that we always turn on when we watch it. It's cool. :D

True, but the point that it all comes down to... Is that we get new episodes of Atlantis 2 and a half months BEFORE Sci-Fi airs them :D

I say 2 and a half because according to the imdb, "The Eye" premiers on January 21rst.

MartoufMarty
October 10th, 2004, 07:16 AM
True, but the point that it all comes down to... Is that we get new episodes of Atlantis 2 and a half months BEFORE Sci-Fi airs them :D

I say 2 and a half because according to the imdb, "The Eye" premiers on January 21rst.
WHOOHOO!!!

This has made my Thanksgiving weekend! Forget the turkey! ATLANTIS!

I'm thankful for this news :P

I shall go continue my new Stargate Atlantis vid :D

"Float On" by Modest Mouse. I couldn't resist lol.

Taonas
October 10th, 2004, 07:18 AM
WHOOHOO!!!

This has made my Thanksgiving weekend! Forget the turkey! ATLANTIS!

I'm thankful for this news :P

I shall go continue my new Stargate Atlantis vid :D

"Float On" by Modest Mouse. I couldn't resist lol.

When you're done, I'd like to see it... Float On is a great song!

MartoufMarty
October 10th, 2004, 07:23 AM
When you're done, I'd like to see it... Float On is a great song!
Might be a while...

In the meantime...

Have you seen my Steve vid? It's on my site or you could pop over to the Steve Appreciation Thread or the Music Video thread and find the link lol.

Taonas
October 10th, 2004, 07:24 AM
Might be a while...

In the meantime...

Have you seen my Steve vid? It's on my site or you could pop over to the Steve Appreciation Thread or the Music Video thread and find the link lol.

Alright, I'll go find it... *puts on miner's hat* Time for some digging. :p

MartoufMarty
October 10th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Alright, I'll go find it... *puts on miner's hat* Time for some digging. :p
It would just be easier to go to my site, go to Music Videos, then click on the Stargate Atlantis page and it's right there lol

Taonas
October 10th, 2004, 07:31 AM
It would just be easier to go to my site, go to Music Videos, then click on the Stargate Atlantis page and it's right there lol

Found it... You did a really good job on that! Good choice of song as well.

*two thumbs up*

MartoufMarty
October 10th, 2004, 07:32 AM
Found it... You did a really good job on that! Good choice of song as well.

*two thumbs up*
It was Shadowmaat's idea. I just made it.

Now only if movie maker would go faster checking the project files I would work on the Float On vid... :mad:

Oh, there we go! Yay! :D

Taonas
October 10th, 2004, 07:37 AM
It was Shadowmaat's idea. I just made it.

Now only if movie maker would go faster checking the project files I would work on the Float On vid... :mad:

Oh, there we go! Yay! :D

Well, good luck on that! *is eager to see it*

Anyway, I'm going to go terrorize the world... I got Fable for X-Box and I'm completely evil in it.
Plus uber-powerful, a deadly combination :p

MartoufMarty
October 10th, 2004, 07:41 AM
Well, good luck on that! *is eager to see it*

Anyway, I'm going to go terrorize the world... I got Fable for X-Box and I'm completely evil in it.
Plus uber-powerful, a deadly combination :p
At the moment I have 52 seconds done out of 3:37 lol.

I recently got Need for Speed Underground for Gamecube (for my birthday from my sister). I was playing it alot a couple weeks ago but I haven't played it since. I think it's feeling lonely lol.

Taonas
October 10th, 2004, 10:37 AM
At the moment I have 52 seconds done out of 3:37 lol.

I recently got Need for Speed Underground for Gamecube (for my birthday from my sister). I was playing it alot a couple weeks ago but I haven't played it since. I think it's feeling lonely lol.

My brother has that game... Except it's for X-Box.... Most of the Gamecube games are mine, such as:
1. Star Wars: Rogue Leader
2. Star Wars: Rebel Strike
3. Star Wars: Clone Wars
4. James Bond: Agent Under Fire
5. James Bond: Nightfire
6. James Bond: Everything or Nothing
7. Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
8. Metroid Prime

I have many more on X-Box.

MartoufMarty
October 10th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Just got back from a nice walk with my mom, Lola, and Fez. Fez was panting so I carried him for a little bit here and there to save him from Lola (Fez is one of our cats, Lola our dog).

We don't really have that many games for Gamecube.

My games are:

Need for Speed Underground
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2
Soul Calibur 2
Lord of the Rings The Two Towers
Lord of the Rings The Return of the King

My sister's games:

Zelda that Wind Waker one
Turok Evolution
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil
Resident Evil Code Veronica

We need more games lol

Taonas
October 10th, 2004, 11:19 AM
We need more games lol

I need less x.x The games I mentioned are only 1/20 of my total games for all three consoles.

Also, I have two cats. Cinder and Snowflake.

MartoufMarty
October 10th, 2004, 11:23 AM
I need less x.x The games I mentioned are only 1/20 of my total games for all three consoles.

Also, I have two cats. Cinder and Snowflake.
Tim-May and Fez :D

You know, this is the second thread that we've taken over and started getting off-topic in. Remember the Made In Canada thread? lol

MartoufMarty
October 10th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Oh hey, back on topic here...

When you said about the schedule, it's actually November 8th. If you go to the page and look across 108 Underground airs November 1st, and 111 The Eye airs November 8th.

Taonas
October 10th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Oh hey, back on topic here...

When you said about the schedule, it's actually November 8th. If you go to the page and look across 108 Underground airs November 1st, and 111 The Eye airs November 8th.

Yeah, I corrected it in my first post... But thanks anways ^-^

Taonas
October 10th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Tim-May and Fez :D

You know, this is the second thread that we've taken over and started getting off-topic in. Remember the Made In Canada thread? lol

That was fun taking over, lol... But this we didn't take over, I created it :p

MartoufMarty
October 10th, 2004, 11:35 AM
There's only you and me talking lol.

Maybe everyone else is afraid to say anything lol.

Holy crap 8 more posts and I'm up another rank lol.

Taonas
October 10th, 2004, 11:37 AM
There's only you and me talking lol.

Maybe everyone else is afraid to say anything lol.

Holy crap 8 more posts and I'm up another rank lol.

Go MartoufMarty! Post!... Damn, can't make fun of Willy Wanka in this situation x.x

(see family guy to understand that)

MartoufMarty
October 10th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Hehehe. Slowly getting there!

Just gotta wonder about the Eye and how they get out of that mess. I don't remember any spoilers on it, but there are those pictures on the gateworld page there.

MartoufMarty
October 10th, 2004, 11:43 AM
You know what, I SUCK at counting.

15 posts not 5!

*hits head on the wall repeatedly*

Ugly Pig
October 10th, 2004, 12:16 PM
New episodes in November?! Woo hoo!! :D :D :D This is unexpected, and really great news. Sure, it's in Canada, but it doesn't matter to me since I am dependent on downloading episodes in order to be able to see them anyway. At least until they release them on DVD.

Hmmm... I hope someone does put them online...

MartoufMarty
October 10th, 2004, 12:18 PM
New episodes in November?! Woo hoo!! :D :D :D This is unexpected, and really great news. Sure, it's in Canada, but it doesn't matter to me since I am dependent on downloading episodes in order to be able to see them anyway. At least until they release them on DVD.

Hmmm... I hope someone does put them online...
I'll try to help out. I have a TV Tuner and Movie Central. I'm gonna record them to the computer anyway. It's not gonna be hard to do that lol. I'd just need somewhere to put them so people could see them. I should ask the people who run that one site if I can help out.

Liv
October 10th, 2004, 12:28 PM

My thoughts exactly. :D About two months earlier is just wow, and oh so wonderful. Happy now. :D Not that I wasn't happy before, but this is just icing on the cake. :p

MartoufMarty
October 10th, 2004, 12:32 PM
I could never have lasted until January! I would go stir crazy!

Is it November yet?? :P

Ugly Pig
October 10th, 2004, 12:43 PM
My thoughts exactly. :D About two months earlier is just wow, and oh so wonderful. Happy now. :D Not that I wasn't happy before, but this is just icing on the cake. :p
Indeed. We will still have to wait for new SG-1 episodes until the UK catches up though, but at least we won't have to survive quite as long as we thought without any Stargate. :D

Wallpaperman
October 12th, 2004, 11:09 PM
No good news about sg-1 too ?

MartoufMarty
October 13th, 2004, 04:59 AM
No good news about sg-1 too ?
Space is currently playing Season 7 episodes every Thursday, and CH seems to be playing them every Sunday or something because Revisions was on the other day.

But ooh, Season 7 comes out on DVD on the 19th :D

Wallpaperman
October 13th, 2004, 05:23 AM
Space is currently playing Season 7 episodes every Thursday, and CH seems to be playing them every Sunday or something because Revisions was on the other day.

But ooh, Season 7 comes out on DVD on the 19th :D
Oooh ... I already have season 7 on DVD box since 1 month :p
What I wanted to know was if the second half-season 8 will be aired in the same time than Atlantis, next month :D

Ugly Pig
October 13th, 2004, 06:06 AM
What I wanted to know was if the second half-season 8 will be aired in the same time than Atlantis, next month :D
Nope... AFAIK, Canada don't get season 8 yet.

gamebeavis
October 13th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Ok, you canadians just arent fair. First your drinking age is 19, your socialized medicine is SO much better than our system, AND you get Atlantis 2.5 MONTHS ahead of us. Ok, thats it: I think we might have to invade (just kidding, please dont hate me for that, just seems to be the only thing us americans do lately lol).

But seriously, whom ever "captures" the episodes, PLEASE (currently on his knees begging) launch them on Peer to Peer, or send me a URL. Thanx.

Chevron_nine
October 13th, 2004, 08:26 AM
last time I checked drinking age was 18:P

You can complain about half a season of Atlantis, but remember, you get ALL of season Season 8 and the first half of Atlantis before us, so it still doesn't enen out.

Now it's time to hide my fear of being invaded, get out of my igloo, call my lumberjack friends and play some hockey, and there's nothing you can do aboot it, eh.

Taonas
October 13th, 2004, 11:55 AM
I've figured out that SPACE will begin airing season 8 of SG-1 about 1 or 2 weeks AFTER Sci-Fi finishes it.

For Atlantis, the movie network will finish airing the season about 3 weeks BEFORE Sci-Fi begins the second half of the season :D

C45P3R
October 13th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Hey I dont' see this posted so I thought I'd let you all know.
Atlantis 1x11-1x14 will be airing in Canada on TMN begining November 8th. Here's the schedule.
1x11 - The Eye, November 8 2004 8:00pm
1x12 - The Defiant One, November 15 2004 8:00pm
1x13 - Hot Zone, November 22 2004 8:00pm
1x14 - Sanctuary, November 29 2004 8:00pm

For confirmation in case you don't believe me goto tmn.ca/search.php (http://tmn.ca/search.php) and type in stargate or atlantis for keyword.

If you'll notice 1x13 is Hot Zone not Human Error.

I have also heard that SG1 8x11-8x14 will be airing in Canada but have not found any proof of this so if anyone knows where it will be airing let me know.

DownFallAngel
October 13th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Actually this was posted somewhere. Let me go find the link.

EDIT: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=4940&highlight=canada

enjoy.

Ugly Pig
October 13th, 2004, 12:51 PM
I have also heard that SG1 8x11-8x14 will be airing in Canada but have not found any proof of this so if anyone knows where it will be airing let me know.
I don't think that's true.

Major Fischer
October 13th, 2004, 12:52 PM
I don't think that's true.

It can't possibly be true because they haven't finished getting season seven in Canada yet.

Mio
October 13th, 2004, 01:09 PM
But, SGA and SG1 sort of cross over at the end of the season, don't they? Why wouldn't they air them at the same time?

Major Fischer
October 13th, 2004, 01:17 PM
But, SGA and SG1 sort of cross over at the end of the season, don't they? Why wouldn't they air them at the same time?

They are airing on different networks in Canada.

Ugly Pig
October 13th, 2004, 01:22 PM
I think the bigger issue is that they started airing Atlantis not only before 'New Order', but before all of season 7. :eek:

MartoufMarty
October 13th, 2004, 01:28 PM
The drinking age in Manitoba is 18. Everywhere else in Canada (I believe) the drinking age is 19.

Mio
October 13th, 2004, 03:04 PM
I think the bigger issue is that they started airing Atlantis not only before 'New Order', but before all of season 7. :eek:

Definetly a few spoilers in watching SGA before S7...

Ugly Pig
October 13th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Definetly a few spoilers in watching SGA before S7...
Heck yeah! Imagine what a newbie must think when watching 'Lost City'.
"Huh? Didn't they already find this stuff?"
"Huh? How come he's not a General?"

Taonas
October 13th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Here (in Quebec) it's 18 years old also... My brother's friend just turned 18 on Saturday, and her way of celebrating was to go out clubbing until 3:00 AM. :p

C45P3R
October 13th, 2004, 03:52 PM
They posted it in the wrong section it should have been in news ;). And if this is already known why hasn't it been added to the Atlantis Season 1 Episode guilde yet!!! And the episode order needs fixed too.

Angel of Fire SG1
October 14th, 2004, 02:15 AM
Here (in Quebec) it's 18 years old also... My brother's friend just turned 18 on Saturday, and her way of celebrating was to go out clubbing until 3:00 AM. :p

So is it 18 or 19!? I actually wanna know cos I'm heading over that way when I'm 18, would be nice if I was allowed to drink/work in a bar...lol!!

So its only Atlantis that's on before it is in the US?
Oh well its something to keep me sane till SG-1 comes back!!
Although that god damn cliffhanger...*grumbles* lol will be nice to see the Eye!! YAY!

MartoufMarty
October 14th, 2004, 05:14 AM
I can't wait until The Eye! 26 days and counting! That's including today and the day.

ibwolf
October 14th, 2004, 05:15 AM
I knew Canada was good for something :)

Scarym1
October 16th, 2004, 12:34 PM
I just found this out on "The Movie Network's" website ( http://www.tmn.ca/stargateatlantis/schedule.php )... New episodes (ie: The Eye, etc) premier on November 1rst for us!

I can watch them in High Definition! YES!

Sorry, this is very exciting for me. :D

EDIT: Sorry, my mistake... I read for the wrong one, it's in fact November 8th.

YEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks for this amazing bit of info!!! I would have been royally pissed if I had missed any eps.

Teal'c
October 16th, 2004, 04:57 PM
I can't wait until The Eye! 26 days and counting! That's including today and the day.
Aah! Why'd you do that!? I saw November and just said "ah, that's ages away!" ... my brain's still stuck in August I think :P

MartoufMarty
October 16th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Aah! Why'd you do that!? I saw November and just said "ah, that's ages away!" ... my brain's still stuck in August I think :P
Hehehe.

22 days and counting!