These outcast replicators without ZPMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These outcast replicators without ZPMs

Dr. Keller said they couldn't get their hands on multiple ZPM without the others knowing.

How can these replicators construct an entire city but not ZPMs? Surely they must have the knowledge.

I think it depends upon how their collective knowledge is stored and distributed. Maybe they weren't part of the ZPM creation group?

Good question.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
    O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Knowing how to do it and having the means to do it are 2 different things.

Comment

proves that the ZPM creating machine is separate from the Ancient city ship designs.
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I still want to see ZPM creation lab. Do you think it's a device similar to Merlin's device in Quest pt.2 ?It would make sense. ZPM and Holy grail are basically same devices
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
            proves that the ZPM creating machine is separate from the Ancient city ship designs.
            That's a good point. If they had created a fully operational and identical version of Atlantis then they should have had ZPM creating facilities if they are part of Atlantis.

But that said, they used so much power creating the RepliClones (which proved they had ZPM's to begin with) it's possible that Atlantis itself was incomplete. It could have been just a shell for the most part with just a few key areas actually created (similar to Hathor's SGC base). It could be explained that they never created the ZPM facility thanks a lack of foresight or that powering the machine to create them just used up too much power.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmer33 View Post
              Dr. Keller said they couldn't get their hands on multiple ZPM without the others knowing.

How can these replicators construct an entire city but not ZPMs? Surely they must have the knowledge.
              They might not have built the city themselves. It seems far more likely that they took it when nobody was looking or something like that.
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                They might not have built the city themselves. It seems far more likely that they took it when nobody was looking or something like that.
                lol, it's a flying city! not a cupcake.

I would have been perfectly happy if they had just said something like...

"We didn't anticipate how much power if would require for your creation we also did not have the necessary time and materials to construct further ZPM's"

Comment

I think the most reasonable explanation is that it takes time to create ZPMs
                  for all we know constructing an artificial region of subspace could take a year or even a decade

Comment

keller said something like that if they had zpm's, mckay craetion required too much of it and they was worried the other asurans would detect or alert their power outputs or something like that
                    sigpic

Comment

Your probably rught but that makes no sense.

IMO it's like taking a trip in your car to the middle of nowhere and you only bring what gas is in your tank. There is no room for error.

Comment

well they probably have the ZPM creation lab world on speed dial, (lol i made a funny)
                        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

That's a brilliant point actually, I hadn't thought of that
                          sigpic
                          If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                          I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                            Your probably rught but that makes no sense.

IMO it's like taking a trip in your car to the middle of nowhere and you only bring what gas is in your tank. There is no room for error.
                            It makes sense depending on how they are created. Perhaps they are created by setting off a massive explosion and then harbouring the power from it. I don't know, but what I mean is, if an explosion is involved, or some kind of destructive force, then it makes sense to keep it the hell away from the city.

Sorry, eventually I'll get around to multi-quoting!
                            sigpic
                            If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                            I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

I think that the ZPM itself takes a VERY long time to create, somewhere on the order of fifty to a hundred years.

It explains why the Ancients had to abandon their city- they were burning power faster than they produce it. The desperately dangerous Project Arcturus also supports this point.

It also stands to reason that the cause of the Asurans' having so many damn ZPMs is that they've been stockpiling them for THOUSANDS of years, and that this was part of Oberoth's "we will deal with them in our own time". Without generational death or a constant enemy, it makes sense to a robot mind to let the Wraith weaken over time while you create a metric ****load of ZPMs.

Incidentally, this means that the Replicators may eventually run low on their stockpile, weakening them substantially and bringing them to a realistically beatable level (rather than Stormtrooper Syndrome a la "Mortal Coil")

Most of all, this would prevent the writers from EVER having to hand over a ZPM factory to the Expedition: even if there was one in Atlantis itself, they would never be able to produce even a single one in a significant frame.

Its a simple explanation for both past and possible future phenomena.
                              Last edited by Ranlier; 15 December 2007, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X