This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will happen to the priors?

What will happen with them after the Ark of Truth is used? Will they be restored somehow to ordinary humans? As I'm sure the kill switch will remain in them even if the Ori are gone or will they all be killed or what exactly?

Vala,

they'll probably become ordinary humans with no powers whatsoever
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

The device won't do that, it will just make them stop believing. I think that either something like Nirrti/Anubis's DNA machine would be used to undo it's effects.

Vala,

Comment

If the spoilers are correct, they'll just stop believing, but as soon as they do anything against the Ori, they'll go up in smoke. I'm not really sure what they can get away with and what they can't...

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
          they'll probably become ordinary humans with no powers whatsoever
          Yeah... I agree, though it would be amusing if they all turn round and said at the same time "The Ori are not Gods" and all light up in a blaze...

Comment

From what I read from Beau Bridges, it could be interpreted a few ways, but I think they all end up in flames.

Here's the quote:
            One of my favorite lines that I have in the movie is when I look this one Prior in the face and say, “You go ahead and burst into flames!” They know they’re going down, and they do.
            — Beau Bridges in an interview in the Official Magazine, #18. Rest of the movie-specific quotes from that issue are consolidated here.

Maybe the Ark creates the doubt and the kill switch takes out all of the Priors. That's kind of sad, though, but "Line in the Sand" showed that the Priors are getting more and more power hungry and "evil". It's a repeat of the progression that was seen in the Ori when they gained their super human abilities before they ascended and grew so corrupt that the Altera fled in fear for their lives (and didn't use the Ark, but hid it instead of destroying it).

Comment

This brings up a much more interesting question, what happens to all the Ori technology already in the Ori galaxy along with the priors? The Ark won't suddenly make all them disappear. They likely have hundreds of Warships, thousands of Raiders, all those staff weapons and stun weapons, the people may not think the Ori are their gods anymore but what will they do with this technology? Even if the priors do all go up in flames the technology will remain, course Earth won't be taking any since if they got any Ori ships they would've been sent right to pegasus and as we know S4 Atlantis doesn't feature any Earth controlled Ori ships.

Comment

That is good question, I think that they will be kill
                sigpic
                Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                  This brings up a much more interesting question, what happens to all the Ori technology already in the Ori galaxy along with the priors? The Ark won't suddenly make all them disappear. They likely have hundreds of Warships, thousands of Raiders, all those staff weapons and stun weapons, the people may not think the Ori are their gods anymore but what will they do with this technology? Even if the priors do all go up in flames the technology will remain, course Earth won't be taking any since if they got any Ori ships they would've been sent right to pegasus and as we know S4 Atlantis doesn't feature any Earth controlled Ori ships.
                  Yet...
                  That's a good point though... maybe Ori tech will be researched into and shield and weapons developed from it...

It would be really cool if Earth's next line of ships included the Ori ships main weapon...

Comment

In this movie, I believe most of the Priors will die for their "Gods". Those that do see the truth, will probably just be turned back into regular people.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Perhaps the Supergate is destroyed, forcing SG-1 to leave via regular stargate, and prevents us from taking any ships or heav equipment home.

Comment

That's sad that they just end up dying, we saw in "The Fourth Horseman" (at least according to Orlin) that they're regular people who gave up everything for the Ori.

Spoiler:
                        And how does the SGC capture a prior in the beginning of the movie anyway and why? I know about the anti-prior device but for what perpose?

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                          That's sad that they just end up dying, we saw in "The Fourth Horseman" (at least according to Orlin) that they're regular people who gave up everything for the Ori.

Spoiler:
                          And how does the SGC capture a prior in the beginning of the movie anyway and why? I know about the anti-prior device but for what perpose?

Vala,
                          Spoiler:
                          Dialing teh supergate?

Comment

Maybe they will travel to Middle Earth and reunite with Saruman.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

but what will happen to all those ships? TPTB can't allow that we will have them :-)
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X