This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replicators and Naquadah

Have the replicators ever used naquadah to make more of themselves?
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

They used neutronium. That begins with 'n'
    "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

They probably could. I mean, they feed off or make more of themselves with the materials around them so probably if they were stuck with a bunch of naquadah they would. In Small Victories they were replicating using the metal from the sub. They used Thor's ship in Nemesis, and that one Goa'uld ship in Enemies.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

could using naquadah make a more powerful replicator? being as its a powerful mineral?
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
          could using naquadah make a more powerful replicator? being as its a powerful mineral?
          ... You never know.

It would probably have it's own different weaknesses. The ones that were replicated with the metal from the Russian sub couldn't go into water because they'd rust. So maybe those Replicators from naquadah would be... explosive? That'd be kind of cool.

It might not even be possible lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
            ... You never know.

It would probably have it's own different weaknesses.
            Well if they used weapons grade Naquadah, they would be so heay they wouldnt be able to move LOL. that might be a weekness too far, a little easy to defeat.
            Andy "Chores!?! What are we, Amish?"
            Charlene Spencer "He's gotten so precocious."
            Citizen Joe

Comment

If Asgard Neutronium is the same as what we call Neutronium then I guess Naquadah is a few billion times less powerful.

(One tea spoon Neutronium weighs 100 million metric tonnes)

Comment

The asgard use Naquada in various alloys and probably in a great deal of their technology. It would stand to reason that most replicators are made of a material made partially of naquada.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, the weight is all relative to the replicator because they have increased strength and mobility, so they could probably still move, especially if they manipulated the weapons grade Naquadah to be strong in terms of durability, but reduced mass weight.
                  Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

if they were made of naquedah, then we could toss a grenade at one a in a group and theyd all light up due to the properties of the naqueda. that would be kind of cool to watch: a replicator fireworks show.
                    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                      if they were made of naquedah, then we could toss a grenade at one a in a group and theyd all light up due to the properties of the naqueda. that would be kind of cool to watch: a replicator fireworks show.
                      Or maybe when they shoot them they would explode, and there would be a big chain reaction and BOOM they all explode and if they were on a ship it would go up...

It would be kind of cool, but too simple. And they'd have to spend alot of money for the explosions lol.

Comment

i never said i cared about how much it would cost, just it would be cool.
                        dont mind me though.
                        ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                          i never said i cared about how much it would cost, just it would be cool.
                          dont mind me though.
                          BOOM!

It is cool.

But it would never happen...

Hey, anyone have any extra naquadah and a replicator handy? We can have a get together and make it ESPLODE!

We could tape it, and make copies, and sell them. And then get lots of money and get sued and then TPTB can use it and save some money...

Comment

If naquadah was explosive in and of itself, the Asgard would hardly include it in the hulls of their starships. A replicator incorporating naquadah into its blocks would probably just be tougher and more...peppy.
                            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                              If naquadah was explosive in and of itself, the Asgard would hardly include it in the hulls of their starships. A replicator incorporating naquadah into its blocks would probably just be tougher and more...peppy.
                              There's regular Naquadah and weapons grade Naquadah so the Asgard would use the regular stuff. Unless they were making cool guns.

Comment

Working...
                              X