Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Extinction - Biggest Piece of Rubbish Ever?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resident Evil Extinction - Biggest Piece of Rubbish Ever?

I watched the third Res Evil movie yesterday for the first time. Now I wasn't expecting much, based on the quality of the second movie, but this was absolutely DISMAL. I really don't know how they could so easily lose the concept behind the games and come up with some kind of perverted mad max film. There were far too many super powered fight scenes. The villains were still incredibly cliche'd. Dr Issac at the end? "I am the future!" What the hell? Aside from the numerous plot discrepencies with the games, such as...

- Wesker being a big umbrella hot shot
    - Alice being the reason behind the Tyrant
    - Claire Redfield no longer having the Chris Redfield story line.
    - The absence of any other monsters.
    - Carlos not having his accent.
    - Horrific characterisation of Claire

I found the film to be horricially boring and just an excuse for lots of fight scenes. Who were those people at the start who trappped Alice? What was their motivation!? How the hell did the T-Virus infect EUROPE and AUSTRALIA but supposedly leave Alaska untouched!? What's with the obsession for Matrix style fight scenes and ridiculous hand to hand combat?

There was far too much empahsis placed on Alice. The army of clones? That's ridiculous. So basically Alice's blood can create a Tyrant, but also cure the T-Virus... hmm...

I also fond the magnificant lack of plot and direction really boring as well.

Anyone agree?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

I have yet to see this movie. I'll probably still check it out, since I didn't think the second movie was too bad.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I completely agree with you. Actually I was looking forward to the movie because of the "well produced" trailers but what I was greeted with when I actually watched the whole thing was a bunch of people fighting everything EXCEPT zombies. Oh and don't get me started on Carlos, you can't lose your accent that quick. Basically the movie had no plot at all...there were small pieces of information about how Alice's blood could cure the T-Virus and characters from the game such as Claire and Wesker were introduced but both with different backstories. My post isn't coherant by any definition of the word but it only illustrates how frustrated I actually am with this movie.

RESI 3 = DISMAL.

Comment

/shrug

It wasn't spectacular, but I didn't hate it either. After RE:A, it wouldn't have been possible to do worse. But then, I'm a sucker for any variety of zombie movie. Plot, acting, none of that matters. If it involves zombies I'm there.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Biggest Piece of Rubbish Ever?, even compared to sci fi originals?

Comment

I dunno, I think Howard the Duck has RE3 beat in terms of rubbishiness.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
              Biggest Piece of Rubbish Ever?, even compared to sci fi originals?
              Sci Fi originals?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Does it suck???I am going to watch avp 2 on the day it comes out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                  Sci Fi originals?
                  Mansquito, Snakehead Terror, Harpies, Ice Spiders, Kaw, Chupacabra... all those godawful movies Skiffy spews out. I'd take RE3 over those any day.

Comment

I must admit, not having Skiffy, I wouldn't know... But tbh, I'd take "Santa Defeats the Martians" over this!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

i dont think that is was "dismal " it was quite good not as good as i expected it to be but good none the less
                      sigpic
                      Sig For Me!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                        Mansquito, Snakehead Terror, Harpies, Ice Spiders, Kaw, Chupacabra... all those godawful movies Skiffy spews out. I'd take RE3 over those any day.
                        I would sure hope so. Most of those movies I couldn't stand for more than a half-hour or so.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I'm sorry but Extinction had me cringing all the way through. Far too mcuh emphasis on silly fight scenes and knife play. Maybe it's a cultural thing, but I like my zombie movies like 28 Days later.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                            I'm sorry but Extinction had me cringing all the way through. Far too mcuh emphasis on silly fight scenes and knife play. Maybe it's a cultural thing, but I like my zombie movies like 28 Days later.
                            28 Days Later and it's sequel were great zombie flicks, no doubt about that.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

28 weeks later was terrible, what it's too hard to place a guard on your super secure quarantine lab? Or how about not giving your janitor access to EVERYTHING!
                              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Working...
                              X