Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe the 'real' Weir was nearer than we thought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the 'real' Weir was nearer than we thought?

Ok guys, first I have to say that I still didn't see the episode, but I've read a lot of your commentaries and impressions about this apparently amazing chapter, and something about all the Weir discussion has occured to me.

Because, could it make any sense if...
    Spoiler:
    the Weir we see in 'This Mortal Coil' is in fact the 'Real Weir'?

As far as I know, RepliKeller says that Weir was killed several months ago by Oberoth, but IMO it could make a lot of sense if she was lying.
    It could be that those Rebel Replicators had, in fact, abducted Weir along when scaping from the other Asurans, as understanding/acquiring her memories, feelings, and human perspective being essential to achieve the Ascension.

If I were them, I would also keep this information a secret (even from Elizabeth herself, after erasing that memories) from anyone aside the Rebel Asurans inner core, so to speak.
    Because if that information reached the ears of any of Weir's people, they would claim her and want to carry her with them (even the RepliTeam, knowing that, and being as stubborn and having the same moral code as the original ones, would want to return her to her people). As I've said, she's the key for them to achive their goal, and they couldn't lose her at any rate.

As far as I know, is not clear if TMC Weir is dead or not (as much as if Real!Weir, if that one was in fact a Repli!Weir, is dead or not), so... Still, is veeeery strange that Elizabeth will appear in another episode of S4, but TPTB wouldn't give us the information about in which chapter that will happen...

So... what do you think about this? Could it be possible, or should I shut up until watching the actual chapter? XD

Originally posted by dana_carter_sgx View Post
    Ok guys, first I have to say that I still didn't see the episode, but I've read a lot of your commentaries and impressions about this apparently amazing chapter, and something about all the Weir discussion has occured to me.

Because, could it make any sense if...
    Spoiler:
    the Weir we see in 'This Mortal Coil' is in fact the 'Real Weir'?

As far as I know, RepliKeller says that Weir was killed several months ago by Oberoth, but IMO it could make a lot of sense if she was lying.
    It could be that those Rebel Replicators had, in fact, abducted Weir along when scaping from the other Asurans, as understanding/acquiring her memories, feelings, and human perspective being essential to achieve the Ascension.

If I were them, I would also keep this information a secret (even from Elizabeth herself, after erasing that memories) from anyone aside the Rebel Asurans inner core, so to speak.
    Because if that information reached the ears of any of Weir's people, they would claim her and want to carry her with them (even the RepliTeam, knowing that, and being as stubborn and having the same moral code as the original ones, would want to return her to her people). As I've said, she's the key for them to achive their goal, and they couldn't lose her at any rate.

As far as I know, is not clear if TMC Weir is dead or not (as much as if Real!Weir, if that one was in fact a Repli!Weir, is dead or not), so... Still, is veeeery strange that Elizabeth will appear in another episode of S4, but TPTB wouldn't give us the information about in which chapter that will happen...

So... what do you think about this? Could it be possible, or should I shut up until watching the actual chapter? XD
    Thats very true, I don't really know why everyones jumping to believe a replicator.

But I don't think it matters which one is real really, they have the same thoughts and the same memories. Hell the two Rodneys where finishing each others sentences FCOL.
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by dana_carter_sgx View Post
      Ok guys, first I have to say that I still didn't see the episode, but I've read a lot of your commentaries and impressions about this apparently amazing chapter... <snip>
      This led me to think on something else. We now have an established method for bringing back the good Doctor.

I would also agree that there are several unanswered questions:

Was RepliKeller telling the truth when she said that Liz was killed several months ago? Why would the Reps kill her?

Was DupliShep (new prefix! Repli- means "made OF nanites", Dupli- means "real human copy built BY nanites") actually killed by the replicators? We saw the gun fire three times. Did it actually kill him? What about the others? Sure, they looked dead, but were they?

Rodney's taking it on the chin, emotionally speaking. First with Carson, now Liz- twice. I wonder if the characters are going to start to snap a bit under all the pressure...
      Can ye tell me why th' pirate jokes are so funny?

Because they Arrrrrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by Occulus View Post
        This led me to think on something else. We now have an established method for bringing back the good Doctor.

Was RepliKeller telling the truth when she said that Liz was killed several months ago? Why would the Reps kill her?

Was DupliShep (new prefix! Repli- means "made OF nanites", Dupli- means "real human copy built BY nanites") actually killed by the replicators? We saw the gun fire three times. Did it actually kill him? What about the others? Sure, they looked dead, but were they?
        Pretty sure duplishep (I prefer Xeroxshep myself) was only shot once, atleast thats what I remember.
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I like where you’re coming from. It would certainly be a good reason/idea to link BAMSR.
          BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

This thought crossed my mind as well, and I think anything's plausible at this point. One thing that made me think it might be real Weir was the scene between her and Dupli!Shep in the jumper, where she says 'sadly' "At least I'm the only Weir out there".

In my little production-aimed, write-script-for-television-twists heart, that was a dead giveaway that she was the real Weir. It would be a great, interesting turn on the storyline, especially for the real team, if someone came up to them and said 'hey, she was the real thing after all--she thought she was a duplicate but she wasn't'. The emotional impact of realizing they had her then 'let her die' would be great, if the writers were interested in exploring that.

That being said, I'm not sure that's the case, because SGA doesn't waste too much time with emotional hangups. It'd be nice to see, say, Shep going all dark over emotions with time, but I'm not expecting it.

The whole storyline comes down to a production decision, and whether the producers want her back. I'm not expecting there to be much Elizabeth Weir hangover, good or ill, real or not, until they make the decision they do.
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

While she said that only because she thought Real!Weir was dead (leaving her as the only one), there is no given reason to beleive

A) Real-Weir was killed (RepliKeller could either have been lying or misinformed herself)
              B) Copy-Team was dead (they all had nanites to repair injuries)

Either Real-Weir or Copy-Weir could make an appearance.

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...er-8-2007.html well JM was mentioning of the possibility that the repli-Keller could be lying, that there could be a real weir out there. She is set to return later on in Season 4 right? I really hope they bring her back, dupli or original if at least in a recurring character fashion in Season 5(I like the idea of a dupli Weir, raises all sorts of possible issues and sotrylines, but JM in the blog seemed matter of fact about their deaths....)
                I want my Carson and Elizabeth back!

But don't get rid of Dr Keller and Co. Carter! Why can't we have all of them? Why can't we just all get along?

Comment

Originally posted by Occulus View Post

Rodney's taking it on the chin, emotionally speaking. First with Carson, now Liz- twice. I wonder if the characters are going to start to snap a bit under all the pressure...
                  I too wondered about this. And the possibility that if the Dupliteam could manipulate nanites (in theory), they could overpower the Asurans. I don't think we were meant to really know the answer. Will ask JM.
                  Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                  encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                  3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                  4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                  5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

i would definitely agree with that too, she is not dead like they kept saying throughtout the episode, i wish she would comeback for good
                    sigpic
                    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Working...
                    X