The city`s not built out of "bricks"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The city`s not built out of "bricks"...

when the drones were destroyin the city, the towers were crumbling...wtf???
    http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4...tributedc0.jpg

Cos it was a cheap RepliRebels city?
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

When things get blown up they crumble. Plus Atlantis was said not to be very sturdy, so I'd imagine a replicopy would be about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate maniack View Post
        when the drones were destroyin the city, the towers were crumbling...wtf???
        Concrete.

Comment

When things get blown up they crumble. Plus Atlantis was said not to be very sturdy, so I'd imagine a replicopy would be about the same.
          if a ship explodes, it crumbles?..thats not true..

Comment

When something is blown up, things usually break apart at the weakest structural points, generally where welding or stuff like that has taken place.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

I agree, Fake Atlantis should not of crumbled like that, it was just a cgi add on to make it look cooler even if it is totally dumb imo.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                I agree, Fake Atlantis should not of crumbled like that, it was just a cgi add on to make it look cooler even if it is totally dumb imo.
                Why not?

Comment

and next time, they will build a wooden Atlantis
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                    lol...

Comment

I think it crumbled the way it should have. We do not know exactly how the towers are constructed, from the outside all we have seen is this shiny exterior, and we have not seen it close up. A ruler is perfectly flat and even, but when it snaps it often breaks into multiple peices (I know, God I must have broken about 20 during school, they made awesome catapults, anyway back on topic), and there is no clear indication why it broke at these particular positions. When the tower collapsed it would have collapsed at a slight angle which would, as has been said, have put specific amounts of stree on specific positions, thereby causing it to collapse the way that it did.
                      sigpic
                      If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                      I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Then it can be razed to the ground and everyone will complain it shouldn't burn like that.

Comment

Well, no one knows what a 3 million+ year old structure would be made out of and since its a replica, is it made out of the same material? Also factor in age, quality of material, exposure to salt, exposure to radiation, time it took to construct, the yield of the drones, what impact the drones have upon that material, the materials overall structure and ability to handle stress, etc...Seriously, it's a TV show, it's petty to be concerned with how something blows up. Put it this way, if you can make something remotely close to atlantis, then maybe you can talk.
                          "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                          The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by ashman2 View Post
                            I think it crumbled the way it should have. We do not know exactly how the towers are constructed, from the outside all we have seen is this shiny exterior, and we have not seen it close up. A ruler is perfectly flat and even, but when it snaps it often breaks into multiple peices (I know, God I must have broken about 20 during school, they made awesome catapults, anyway back on topic), and there is no clear indication why it broke at these particular positions. When the tower collapsed it would have collapsed at a slight angle which would, as has been said, have put specific amounts of stree on specific positions, thereby causing it to collapse the way that it did.
                            u cant really compare plastic and metal? O_o can u ?

anywayz...we should have seen "metal parts"...not "brick ruble"

Comment

Jello, yes, J-E-L-L-O would solve this problem.

Jello wouldn't have that cool splintering effect though
                              "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                              The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Working...
                              X