This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The CGI

So we're told the reason the movies are taking so long is the CGI, so what do you think we can expect? The biggest battles we've ever seen on Stargate? The most realistic CGI we've seen on stargate? Maybe more detailed worlds. What do you think?

realistic i dont' think we are getting big space battles ....maybe in the ark of truth

Comment

i'm hoping for babylon 5 like detail from the lost tales...which was the best cgi i've seen yet
      There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

I hope it's to make the CGI realistic, because I'm going to get bored if it's a two-hour special effect.

Comment

I'm very hopeful that the CGI will be at a level we don't always get to see on Stargate.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

If we see drones I hope the CG is as good as in Lost City, since then the drones have looked crap imo...

Comment

They will travel with the Odussey, so I expect some cool space effects, what they can use for Daedalus too in Atlantis.

The Ori / Doci / Adria have fire effects as well, so I hope we will see fire elementals and a little fight with natural powers.

But what I would like to see the most? The Ori gate system. An average size gate with white chevrons and white Ori symbols. It would be so cool.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                They will travel with the Odussey, so I expect some cool space effects, what they can use for Daedalus too in Atlantis.

The Ori / Doci / Adria have fire effects as well, so I hope we will see fire elementals and a little fight with natural powers.

But what I would like to see the most? The Ori gate system. An average size gate with white chevrons and white Ori symbols. It would be so cool.
                Me too, we know they must have them, I'm hoping we'll get to see one.

I'm also hoping to see a proper Ori fleet, not 4 or 5 ships but dozens of ships readying to embark on the milkyway for a final assault.

Add to that I really want to see the Ori fighters doing something, maybe 302's and Ori raiders squaring off.

Comment

Yeah. I would like to see a battle above Celestis.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I think we're going to get really big spaces battles on both movies
                    sigpic
                    Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      Yeah. I would like to see a battle above Celestis.
                      Sounds good to me, I doubt we'll get a massive battle though as we'll only have one ship in their galaxy which struggles against two Ori ships, against fleet it would be toast. I'm hoping The Ori will attack Earth with a massive fleet, we'll use the chair and the Oddy which granted won't be enough, even if the Jaffa joined in to help us it wouldn't be enough, hmmmm......

One other thing I'd like to see is an actual army, not 20 odd soldiers but an army of thousands, they've done it before on stargate before in 'Threads', shouldn't be too much for the CGI team.
                      Last edited by kirmit; 09 December 2007, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                        Me too, we know they must have them, I'm hoping we'll get to see one.

I'm also hoping to see a proper Ori fleet, not 4 or 5 ships but dozens of ships readying to embark on the milkyway for a final assault.

Add to that I really want to see the Ori fighters doing something, maybe 302's and Ori raiders squaring off.
                        I'd definitely love to see an Ori Stargate too.

As for their fighters, I'd love to see a big battle between them and our F-302s. It would be nice to see the Ori fighters a little more up-close, with finer detail.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by maylet View Post
                          I think we're going to get really big spaces battles on both movies
                          I'm hoping for it... aswell as a good storyline involving the characters...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            If we see drones I hope the CG is as good as in Lost City, since then the drones have looked crap imo...
                            OMG! The drone CGI was horrible in that episode! On a whole, I think the CGI has been pretty decent considering it's just a TV show. The one exception was the last version of SG-1's opening sequence, my god that was horrible!!!!!!!
                            Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                            Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

One other thing I'm hoping for is a detailed look at Celestus, I've been really interested in that city ever since it's first and unfortunately only appearance.

Comment

Working...
                              X