Music Score for "This Mortal Coil"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music Score for "This Mortal Coil"

Well as a musician I notice the little things about the music and whatnot. I thought the music score for this episode was done very well. It really set the mood to what was happening. Between, the character moments, escaping from the replicators, and Sheppard and Mckay watching the tracker track all those Aurora class ships. Really set the mood the music.

Any Thoughts?
    sigpic

I really like the melody, when Weir appeared on screen. It was a new version of "Messages", so a reference to Rising, when she left the video note for her boyfriend.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

okay what do you say aBout the music. i like the music when John Sheppard and Rodney Mckay see elizabeth for the first time and they look surprised to see them this was before the commerical break. that was the saddest music score i ever heard.

Comment

There was a throwback to the original SG theme as well that caught me ear.
        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

yeah the music was great, I also mentioned that in my ep review. Joel Goldsmith did an awesome job!
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

It was FABULOUS.

I love the mechanical clinks and clangs heard throughout the episode, as a slight derivation of the original Replicator theme. I love choral music, so that was a plus too. The whole audio background during the fake-team scenes was different from the usual, smoother themes, and really added an alien/haunted house kind of feeling that I absolutely loved.

Joel did good. He did very good.

Comment

Is it just me, or has the music in general this year been kicked up a notch in comparison to previous seasons? It just seems there are more actual... melodies now in the score, action scenes and all...
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
                Is it just me, or has the music in general this year been kicked up a notch in comparison to previous seasons? It just seems there are more actual... melodies now in the score, action scenes and all...
                well maybe joe told Joel to try harder thsi year

Comment

it was absolutly amazing. I really liked it, especially in the end. It was like in Avalon2 when prior takes Daniel and Vala from that village
                  Last edited by g.o.d; 09 December 2007, 04:42 AM.
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                    it was absolutly amazing. I really liked it, especially in the end. It was like in Avalon2 when prior takes Daniel and Vala from that village
                    It's amazing how powerful music can be in an episode when it's done really well. It truly sets the mood. When Weir appears on the monitor and you hear that music while Weir is trying to explain she is not the real Weir. You can feel the sadness with Sheppard and Mckay along with the music. I'll watch this ep over and over and will likely get that same feeling.
                    sigpic

Comment

I usually don't pay attention to the music score but I heard this week. That means the music is really bad or really good. Luckly, it was the latter
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        I usually don't pay attention to the music score but I heard this week. That means the music is really bad or really good. Luckly, it was the latter
                        Someone said above, the music this season has been really good. It really adds to the episode.
                        sigpic

Comment

music is the only thing which is good in season 4
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                            music is the only thing which is good in season 4
                            Ouch!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post