Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imagine a wraith feeding on a nanite manufactured human...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine a wraith feeding on a nanite manufactured human...

Hi,

I am wondering something...

if a wraith were to feed off a nanite manufactured human could the nanites *heal* the human if the wraith stopped just prior to death?

-K

Originally posted by Kribby View Post
    Hi,

I am wondering something...

if a wraith were to feed off a nanite manufactured human could the nanites *heal* the human if the wraith stopped just prior to death?

-K
    Good question. I wish I knew. It would probably kill the wraith during feeding.

Comment

yeah^
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

hmm that would be neat...

a whole planet of fake people that could kill the wraith if they were ever culled--

that would be a far *nicer* type of warfare than wiping out human worlds...

Comment

The wraith woudl figure it out and annihilate the planet.

Comment

I had given this some thought while I was watching the episode last night & it was explained that the team were flesh & blood with nanites aiding in their regenerative abilities.

I would think that if the Asurans (I hate when they are called Replicators) are truly interested in ascension & the soul is the X ingredient to get them one step closer to achieving that goal, then it would be a no brainer for them to just make human bodies for them selves (using their avatars as a template for how they would author their DNA to achieve the form that they are accustomed to) since they already have demonstrated that they have no problem manufacturing one from scratch.

Hell they could achieve both of their objectives by doing this…

They could take on the human form augmented by the nanites and neutralize the Wraith by becoming their alternate form of sustenance.

The nanites could repair the damage to the human bodies & the Wraith would no longer have a need to harness actual humans for food.

I would think that this would be the most enlightened thing to do since the alternative is total genocide of the Wraith, & possibly their food supply before them (the Pegasus humans that are being exterminated by Oberoths forces).

Would that not be a win-win-win for all parties involved, as well as a giant leap for the Asurans as a whole?

I suspect that this evolution of both form & sensibility would definitely put them on the path to ascension.

It would certainly make for an interesting conclusion to the show to have both main villains pacified by giving them a symbiotic relationship.

But what do I know…I am high on decongestants after all LOL.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:
            Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
            *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
            DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
            DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

I don't think that Wraith would be able to feed on artificially manufactured humans, as they need natural life energies.

It'd be like trying to eat a plastic carrot, rather than the real thing.

I'm also not sure that the nanites would be able to heal the body quick enough to keep up with the Wraith sucking out the life, even if they could heal or repair a body's life source.

sigpic

Comment

it would feed for a few seconds until it realized it doesn't have any life force

Comment

i thought that was what would happen in millers crossing, rodney gets fed on but left with enough energy to stay alive, wraith finishes the coding, rodney is injected and fully healed.
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Did you two miss the part where the bogus Keller said that the duplicate Weir & crew did indeed have souls?

“Every thing is quantifiable” were her worlds when she was having the conversation about the human soul being the X-factor in there study of the human duplicates. This would indicate to me that they are capable of making the determination that yes the duplicate humans do have a soul.

They were in the process of testing their hypothesis that the human soul that flesh and blood humans posses was the missing ingredient for ascension.

Just because a human is the product of technology dose not negate the possibility of them having a soul.

If that were the case then all the humans in the Milky Way would be soulless (with the exception of those who have some Lantean ancestry) since the Dekara device created them.
                    Last edited by Argosy; 08 December 2007, 01:42 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:
                    Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
                    DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

then what excalty is a soul?

Comment

Originally posted by P2J View Post
                        then what excalty is a soul?
                        Darned if I know. I didn’t build the Dekara device or write the show so I have no clue LOL.

This question has been posed to far wiser men for millennia & I think it has still gone without a satisfactory answer all this time, so I doubt the answer is going to be found on a sci-fi message board.

“The truth is out there”, but not in here LOL.
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:

Comment

i just think it would be odd a machine would have a soul

Comment

Originally posted by P2J View Post
                            i just think it would be odd a machine would have a soul
                            Who you telling man LOL?

It is far fetched, but within the framework of the show we are discussing anything is possible.

I would think that even if you didn’t take what the Bogus Keller said as gospel then at least you would accept their willingness for noble self-sacrifice at the end of TMC as testament to the fact that they had souls.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Argosy View Post
                              Hell they could achieve both of their objectives by doing this…

They could take on the human form augmented by the nanites and neutralize the Wraith by becoming their alternate form of sustenance.

The nanites could repair the damage to the human bodies & the Wraith would no longer have a need to harness actual humans for food.

I would think that this would be the most enlightened thing to do since the alternative is total genocide of the Wraith, & possibly their food supply before them (the Pegasus humans that are being exterminated by Oberoths forces).

Would that not be a win-win-win for all parties involved, as well as a giant leap for the Asurans as a whole?
                              That it would. And imo it would go a long way to show how far they have come since their creation.

Comment

Working...
                              X