PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers for Weir

Briangate78
December 7th, 2007, 08:13 PM
This is not her last episode. I believe the real Weir is out there. The information by Repli-Keller may not be all true or at least she was provided with the wrong info.

So I still have hope for Weir to return! :)

prion
December 7th, 2007, 08:39 PM
This is not her last episode. I believe the real Weir is out there. The information by Repli-Keller may not be all true or at least she was provided with the wrong info.

Somehow, I expect Dr. McCoy (Trek) to come along and go "She's dead, Jim!" Sorry ;)

Trouble is even if Elizabeth is alive somewhere out there, will we ever see her, get her back? Her presence in this episode reminded me of how much I really miss her on the show.

SaberBlade
December 7th, 2007, 08:41 PM
I think she is still alive. They wouldn't introduce RepliWeir, annouce Weir was dead then kill off her copy. The Replicators who wanted to ascend had did something to the collective to keep from being detected, located and kill/converted like Niam so I think it's possible they haven't gotten all the information from Oberoth since it was implied that Weir had connected with other Replicators.

Irish Eyes
December 7th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Well, you know I agree! :D

If for some reason, though, they do pull a Ford down the road and say, oh yeah, she really did die off screen, that really will be the final straw for me.

But for tonight, I'll stay hopeful.

Briangate78
December 7th, 2007, 09:05 PM
I mean if she has one last episode, and they don't want to give the title away. It has to be a big episode where she can likely have an open door to return. The cast had even said her character was left wide-open.

captain jake
December 7th, 2007, 10:04 PM

It's possible, but I doubt that weir will ever be back in command of the Atlantis expedition.

I can see weir stepping in for a few episodes a season (If she is alive), but like I said. Her time as leader of Atlantis is over, and Carter's time is just beginning.

Vale_Sg1
December 7th, 2007, 10:13 PM
The cast had even said her character was left wide-open.

As in, she's lying on the bottom of the crashed jumper, a large gash running down her torso, exposing her internal organs?

Gross joke, I know, but I've pulled an all-nighter and I'm not in the mood for pleasantries. :P

As always, I admire your optimism, I really don't know how you make it, disappointment after disappointment.

Chrysalis
December 7th, 2007, 11:26 PM
They've Forded her. That's it. She won't be back because TPTB for some unknown reason don't want Torri to be part of their team. And that's their loss. I hope they can handle the loss of her fans, too.

Eri13
December 7th, 2007, 11:50 PM
My optimism for her returning for Season Five is still intact, until we find out one way or the other as to whether she'll be back or no.

Because nothing has been negotiated, though, with regards to Torri's contract, I'm not sure how I feel about the 4th appearance. Joe M mentioned it was 'spoilery' and Torri sort of of pooh-poohed the appearance as being really small. After tonight's episode, and it being so clearly put she's 'dead', I have a hard time believe they're going to do this great "OMG SHE'S ALIVE" on us when they hadn't, as of the point it was written, spoken with Torri about recurring in Season 5. Why show us a flash of her alive, and then never get the chance to resolve it?

Unless they're pulling wool over our eyes. Torri too. I've hoped for that before, however, and it's ended badly, so I'm just going to treat the two (4th appearance and potential recurring in 5) as separate issues until I hear something more.

g.o.d
December 8th, 2007, 01:41 AM
As a big pessimist, I doubt she's alive

Arturis
December 8th, 2007, 03:07 AM
As much as I dislike the character she at least deserves a death scene.

Integrabyte
December 8th, 2007, 06:25 AM

Then this won't be SGA anymore :P. It means they will try to improve things :P

*heee heee heee*

Briangate78
December 8th, 2007, 07:02 AM
No offense to some folks, but you should be a little more hopeful. Tis the Christmas season, Tis the time of miracles. ;)

Vala_M
December 8th, 2007, 07:49 AM
And how is her 4th appearance going to happen now? Unless the copy team survived somehow, Sheppard at least did, unless the Asurans in the jumper killed him.

So either there is another copy of Weir out there or the real Weir is still alive. I don't know, wasn't her 4th appearance supposed to happen in the first half? It must have been something non-specific for it to be bumped to the back half. I hope it's the real Weir but we won't know for sure.

Vala,

Briangate78
December 8th, 2007, 07:52 AM
And how is her 4th appearance going to happen now? Unless the copy team survived somehow, Sheppard at least did, unless the Asurans in the jumper killed him.

So either there is another copy of Weir out there or the real Weir is still alive. I don't know, wasn't her 4th appearance supposed to happen in the first half? It must have been something non-specific for it to be bumped to the back half. I hope it's the real Weir but we won't know for sure.

Vala,

It could of been bumped to the 2nd half because it could of messed up the story with "This Mortal Coil" Meaning that she is alive. That is why I am still hopeful. Joe even said her character was being left open. Well if TMC was her last episode, that is not open, lol. So that is why I am still hopeful with this last episode. :)

Vale_Sg1
December 8th, 2007, 07:55 AM

Vala,

I highly suspect she appears in someone's dreams / visions, or in an alternate universe. It's possible that the episode was supposed to air in the first half of the season and was later moved in the back half. If that's the case, then Weir's big arc - and Weir herself - end with TMC.

Korean_Turtle87
December 8th, 2007, 08:00 AM
She damn well better be alive.

Integrabyte
December 8th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Weir alive or dead does not change anything. Things will never be the same.

mattmey
December 8th, 2007, 08:25 AM
i liked this episode. just like the the two sg1 eps with copies it was a good team epsiode and they actually gave ronan and tayla some scenes about how the feel.

personally ive always liked weir, for me she is/was what made atlantis different to sg1. plus she had good relationships with every member of the team.

i do like carter and to some extent i think bringing characters from one show to another can be good i.e. spike from buffy to angel.

people have there own opinions on everyone either way and she sorta had a send off in this ep. i think she now is going to go the way of ford and jonas and after doing the alloted last eps never be seen or even TALKED about again. i.e. when kelowna was destroyed nothing was said like "i hope jonas is ok"

they have carter in charge now so weir would have nothing to do and frankly it would be horrible to torri if they were like we dont want you any more but hey can you do this one ep here and there because you dont have a full time job unless you get one.

sorry for the rant!!!

Teelie
December 8th, 2007, 08:32 AM
It's likely she's still alive. Her death being off screen makes it almost a certainty we'll see her again.

Xcully
December 8th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Weir alive or dead does not change anything. Things will never be the same.

So true :(

Integrabyte
December 8th, 2007, 08:35 AM
So true :(

Well...once a glass is broken, it won't be the same again!

Briangate78
December 8th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Never say Never in the Stargate Universe!

Vale_Sg1
December 8th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Well...once a glass is broken, it won't be the same again!

You can patch it up, but it will leak...:ford::weir::beckett:

Integrabyte
December 8th, 2007, 01:20 PM
You can patch it up, but it will leak...:ford::weir::beckett:

S4 is proof of that :P.

amz_123
December 8th, 2007, 05:59 PM
She's not dead. It's too much of a good plot line/story to explore for TPTB (yes even these ones) to throw away.
TPTB just like to rock the boat. She'll probably come back in some sort of great twist.
And why would Oberon/the Asurans kill her just because of her humanity being too 'dangerous'. They wouldn't, they'd keep her away, locked up so she can't cause any trouble but so they can still use her. She'd be too much of an asset for them to just destroy.
As for Torri saying that her 4th appearance isn't really a big part, may be she returns like in the last scene of the last episode like Claudia Black did in the end of Season 9.

Speculations on Weir in Season 5:
Maybe the first ep (isn't it Search and Rescue?) is about them S&R-ing Weir.

prion
December 8th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Well, Weir is dead. Her human body/soul is gone. Yes, they've got a duplicate but she's not the original, sad to say. However, I wouldn't squawk if somehow WEir got back on the show, but the writers have done a darned good job of making sure she'd never be a regular again, as the IOA, etc, would never allow a replicator access to anything on Atlantis or elsewhere.

but, I hope she is back as RepliWeir, but a good one.

Irish Eyes
December 8th, 2007, 07:49 PM
She damn well better be alive.

:D Great way to put it!

They've taken such great pains to keep her fourth episode a secret, I can't help but think it might be the open door for her return. What really concerns me is we've heard nothing at all about Torri being approached to come back. Granted, they could be keeping that secret as well until we're blindsided by whatever happens in her next appearance.

However, if they are really done with her character, I'd rather her last appearance just give us some closure. Don't string us along with the hope she might return some day if they have no intention of bringing her back.

Briangate78
December 8th, 2007, 07:50 PM
:D Great way to put it!

They've taken such great pains to keep her fourth episode a secret, I can't help but think it might be the open door for her return. What really concerns me is we've heard nothing at all about Torri being approached to come back. Granted, they could be keeping that secret as well until we're blindsided by whatever happens in her next appearance.

However, if they are really done with her character, I'd rather her last appearance just give us some closure. Don't string us along with the hope she might return some day if they have no intention of bringing her back.

I really don't think they will be leaving her character like this. There is no way.

the fifth man
December 8th, 2007, 07:57 PM
I really don't think they will be leaving her character like this. There is no way.

Only time will tell.

Irish Eyes
December 8th, 2007, 08:02 PM

I really hope not. :(

Hmmm, I think I'll go bug JM. ;)

StarSkimmer
December 8th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Well, you know I agree! :D

If for some reason, though, they do pull a Ford down the road and say, oh yeah, she really did die off screen, that really will be the final straw for me.

But for tonight, I'll stay hopeful.

What? FORD IS DEAD?

...really?

Well, that's news to me. Guess I should've figured it out after two seasons of not seeing him... but I mean, if I don't see a character die, then I don't believe in his/her death. And even then, I don't - still holding out hope for Carson!

Irish Eyes
December 8th, 2007, 08:32 PM
What? FORD IS DEAD?

...really?

Well, that's news to me. Guess I should've figured it out after two seasons of not seeing him... but I mean, if I don't see a character die, then I don't believe in his/her death. And even then, I don't - still holding out hope for Carson!

Well, it's not gospel, but JM pretty much said on his blog Ford is dead.

But since nothing's been said on the show, you just never know. :)

Briangate78
December 8th, 2007, 08:40 PM
I really hope not. :(

Hmmm, I think I'll go bug JM. ;)

By all means. Just be polite and civil of course. Joe F did make a good point. The SEW campaign does need to put more efforts or at least try different channels. Someone needs to show up on TV with a big sign. :p That will get the network's and producer's attention. ;)

Irish Eyes
December 8th, 2007, 08:48 PM
By all means. Just be polite and civil of course. Joe F did make a good point. The SEW campaign does need to put more efforts or at least try different channels. Someone needs to show up on TV with a big sign. :p That will get the network's and producer's attention. ;)

Always am. He's even answered some of my questions, just never the ones I really want answered. LOL

As far as SEW, well, we do what we can. But it's different trying the save a character as opposed to a show. With a show you get the entire fan base which means more people, more money, etc. But I do think we have their attention, it's just whether or not we can convince them at this point.

There are a lot of positive Weir comments in the TMC episode thread. It's not much, but it can't hurt.

Briangate78
December 8th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Always am. He's even answered some of my questions, just never the ones I really want answered. LOL

As far as SEW, well, we do what we can. But it's different trying the save a character as opposed to a show. With a show you get the entire fan base which means more people, more money, etc. But I do think we have their attention, it's just whether or not we can convince them at this point.

There are a lot of positive Weir comments in the TMC episode thread. It's not much, but it can't hurt.

I think it was Weir who made this episode great. The ended was not what people wanted and I think that is what is getting the most negative feedback. I have not read one complaint about Weir's role. The only complaint is she has likely been killed off. Myself, I don't buy it. I'm very stubborn and optomistic. Don't even get me started about the ratings. :p

I think that is powerful to know how much she added to the show for only being in a handful of eps. It shows that yes the show can be good with or without Weir, but with her it is even better. So why get rid of a character that adds? I am hoping this will be the effect of Weir's eps this season. Hopefully it will be both a wise creative and business decision to bring her back. You know what? I think it would help in both ways. It will make the show better and it will likely get more viewers in the process.

belanna30
December 9th, 2007, 06:52 AM
I think it was Weir who made this episode great. The ended was not what people wanted and I think that is what is getting the most negative feedback. I have not read one complaint about Weir's role. The only complaint is she has likely been killed off. Myself, I don't buy it. I'm very stubborn and optomistic. Don't even get me started about the ratings. :p

I think that is powerful to know how much she added to the show for only being in a handful of eps. It shows that yes the show can be good with or without Weir, but with her it is even better. So why get rid of a character that adds? I am hoping this will be the effect of Weir's eps this season. Hopefully it will be both a wise creative and business decision to bring her back. You know what? I think it would help in both ways. It will make the show better and it will likely get more viewers in the process.

Here, here Briansgate!!!! I agree. We even hear Sheppard tell Repli-Weir how she could come back and remove the security risk. I've just got to hold out hope that you and I are right.

Southern Red
December 9th, 2007, 10:36 AM

Maybe you can look forward to seeing her floating in space like a huge popsicle ala Niam.

Here, here Briansgate!!!! I agree. We even hear Sheppard tell Repli-Weir how she could come back and remove the security risk. I've just got to hold out hope that you and I are right.

There was enough foreshadowing in this ep for anything to happen. And just think back on all that has happened to SGA folks and the guys in SG-l, all of them should be locked up in Area 51 as test subjects. This is SciFi, anything is possible.

Steph7085
December 9th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Elizabeth isn't dead. It's as plain and simple as that (at least in my stubborn mind :D)

I smell a huge twist coming and I can't help being hopeful. IMO, she is too much of an asset to the Replicators for them to just kill, besides, why would they give up on ascension just like that? It doesn't add up, especially if 'humanity' is the key. I can't think of anyone more 'human' then Elizabeth Weir, even if she is part replicator.

garhkal
December 10th, 2007, 02:32 PM
To the break away group, yes, but what 'asset' is she to Oberoth?

HenryHayes
December 10th, 2007, 02:36 PM
To the break away group, yes, but what 'asset' is she to Oberoth?

Bait

If they are attacking human worlds & humans why not go directly after Atlantis ? Once the Replicators are done with the rest of the Galaxy they can use Weir to draw in & trap the Atlantis team. In the end Weir will be useful.

jenks
December 10th, 2007, 02:38 PM
She was his foot massous.

Vale_Sg1
December 10th, 2007, 10:32 PM
She was his foot massous.

Considering that Replicators are mechanical, and do not suffer from fatigue, I believe bait to be much more plausible.

prion
December 11th, 2007, 04:16 AM
From interview with Torri at
http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=44

Though there may be no current plans to bring Weir back to the screen, the actress reveals that she would be happy to revisit the character, at least in a limited capacity.

So, I think they've just pulled a Ford. She's gone. :(

Barbaro
December 11th, 2007, 03:45 PM
JM says on his blog that it depends on which producer you ask whether Weir is dead or not. I'd rather go with the idea that RepliKeller either lied or was not told the truth about Weir.

meem
December 13th, 2007, 03:48 AM
I have to agree with tHose who think Weir may be a prisoner of the replicators.

It doesn't make sense to capture the leader of your greatest enemy and then kill them. It makes more sense to keep her as a prisoner and use her to your advantage.

By keeping Elizabeth alive they have a huge tactical advantage over Atlantis, I think this is much more plausible than them just killing her!

That's what I hope anyway - I REALLY WANT THE REAL ELIZABETH BACK!

Jumper_One
December 13th, 2007, 11:27 AM
I have to agree with tHose who think Weir may be a prisoner of the replicators.

It doesn't make sense to capture the leader of your greatest enemy and then kill them. It makes more sense to keep her as a prisoner and use her to your advantage.

how so? they can easily probe her and learn everything there is about Earth, Atlantis, the SGC, Atlantis' personnel etc. there's be no need to keep her alive

By keeping Elizabeth alive they have a huge tactical advantage over Atlantis, I think this is much more plausible than them just killing her!

the Asurans would have the same advantage by probing her mind, it makes no difference if Weir's alive or not

That's what I hope anyway - I REALLY WANT THE REAL ELIZABETH BACK!

meem
December 14th, 2007, 09:20 AM
how so? they can easily probe her and learn everything there is about Earth, Atlantis, the SGC, Atlantis' personnel etc. there's be no need to keep her alive

the Asurans would have the same advantage by probing her mind, it makes no difference if Weir's alive or not

Yes it does, you can't use someone as a negotiating tool if they're dead can you???

They may have learnt about Atlantis by probing her mind, but if a battle ensues, they have a perfect bargaining tool!!

Jumper_One
December 14th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Yes it does, you can't use someone as a negotiating tool if they're dead can you???

They may have learnt about Atlantis by probing her mind, but if a battle ensues, they have a perfect bargaining tool!!

why would they wanna negotiate with Atlantis?

meem
December 14th, 2007, 09:35 AM
why would they wanna negotiate with Atlantis?

There are many scenarios where this may be an option, (i can't think of any right now :confused:) but sometimes in battle it becomes necessary to negotiate with the enemy if they have something you want!

Jumper_One
December 14th, 2007, 10:05 AM
There are many scenarios where this may be an option, (i can't think of any right now :confused:) but sometimes in battle it becomes necessary to negotiate with the enemy if they have something you want!

true however the Asurans don't want anything from us. right now their only interest are the Wraith and like RepliKeller said 'the others have given up on ascension'. this may have been the only reason for negotiating with Atlantis imo but since the've given up it doesn't really matter anymore thus they don't need RepliWeir

Fenrir Foxz
December 14th, 2007, 10:13 AM
true however the Asurans don't want anything from us. right now their only interest are the Wraith and like RepliKeller said 'the others have given up on ascension'. this may have been the only reason for negotiating with Atlantis imo but since the've given up it doesn't really matter anymore thus they don't need RepliWeir

Actually the Asurans do want something... all humans dead, they envy/dispise our ability to evolve to ascension and without food the war with the wraith will be swift...

Jumper_One
December 14th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Actually the Asurans do want something... all humans dead, they envy/dispise our ability to evolve to ascension and without food the war with the wraith will be swift...

yeah alright, I thought that was a given and didn't need to be mentioned ;)

SMB_BOOKS
December 14th, 2007, 11:29 AM
I think the real Weir is alive. I think she's being held by the Replicators. Why? Because that's the way I want it, dammit! :weir:

And, as far as the discussion regarding how the real Elizabeth isn't even the real Elizabeth anymore because she had to be saved by nanites, the only thing I can offer is this....

What made Elizabeth, Elizabeth? Was it her kidneys, her liver, her lungs? Or, was it her spirit, her soul, her compassion, her intelligence, her sense of wonder of Atlantis and the Ancients, her drive, her determination, her support of her team, etc.

There are so many options for the real Weir to return. I shared a couple of them in the ProWeir in Season 4&5 thread earlier today. She could ascend and return in Season 5, nanite free but with all her memories in tact. Or, Rodney could come up with a technological break-through to ensure the nanites she has in her system wouldn't pose a threat to the security of the expedition, etc.

Some won't like the ascension option because it's a rehash of SG-1. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Seems like a lot of SG-1 has shown up on SGA. What's one more thing?

The potential is there.

Jumper_One
December 14th, 2007, 11:38 AM
I think the real Weir is alive. I think she's being held by the Replicators. Why? Because that's the way I want it, dammit! :weir:

ah alright, I think that's a far better reason than trying to reationalize something else. at least you're being honest

And, as far as the discussion regarding how the real Elizabeth isn't even the real Elizabeth anymore because she had to be saved by nanites, the only thing I can offer is this....

What made Elizabeth, Elizabeth? Was it her kidneys, her liver, her lungs? Or, was it her spirit, her soul, her compassion, her intelligence, her sense of wonder of Atlantis and the Ancients, her drive, her determination, her support of her team, etc.

correct, those are all parts of Weir but you're forgetting her body, especially if it can compromise the entire expedition and Earth. also even DupliWeir told Shep that they're practically the same yet still different.

There are so many options for the real Weir to return. I shared a couple of them in the ProWeir in Season 4&5 thread earlier today. She could ascend and return in Season 5, nanite free but with all her memories in tact. Or, Rodney could come up with a technological break-through to ensure the nanites she has in her system wouldn't pose a threat to the security of the expedition, etc.

hm those are all viable options. you think TBTB will use them? no way

Some won't like the ascension option because it's a rehash of SG-1. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Seems like a lot of SG-1 has shown up on SGA. What's one more thing?

The potential is there.

not to get OT but I do find it interesting that people are complaining about similarities between SGA and SG-1 (lots of Weir fans from what I've seen) yet you don't mind bringing your favorite character back with a plot device used several times in the past. like I said, just an observation

Briangate78
December 14th, 2007, 11:49 AM
I don't really care if something is a rehash/ re-invented. Heck they are both Stargate right? ;) If Weir ascended, that would be great! They could make a good story arc with that since ascension was brought up many times on Atlantis. There could be a story arc with the replicators trying to ascend and Weir is the key. I've always wanted to see more background with the ancients and ascension. Also it was brought up differently than SG-1! We got different angles and stories about ascension. Like the eps "Sanctuary", "Epiphany", and "Tao of Rodney".

Jumper_One
December 14th, 2007, 11:54 AM
I don't really care if something is a rehash/ re-invented. Heck they are both Stargate right? ;) If Weir ascended, that would be great! They could make a good story arc with that since ascension was brought up many times on Atlantis. There could be a story arc with the replicators trying to ascend and Weir is the key. I've always wanted to see more background with the ancients and ascension. Also it was brought up differently than SG-1! We got different angles and stories about ascension. Like the eps "Sanctuary", "Epiphany", and "Tao of Rodney".

ok but in the end it'd still be the same. people are complaining about using SG-1 stories, so why should TBTB use this plot device? especially ascension with all the Daniel history, TBTB most likely are trying to avoid it. I want to see more of the Ancients too but this isn't the way to go imo

Eri13
December 14th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Or, Rodney could come up with a technological break-through to ensure the nanites she has in her system wouldn't pose a threat to the security of the expedition, etc.

hm those are all viable options. you think TBTB will use them? no way

I don't know...the last one would make an interesting plotline, considering Rodney's sister now has 'inactive' nanites in her system. Though they were fundamentally different, because they didn't 'replicate' the organs in Jeannie's system, there are all kinds of ways in which they could be written to go evil, if the writers wanted it. In the same way, there is always the possibility that Weir's nanites can become an asset.

not to get OT but I do find it interesting that people are complaining about similarities between SGA and SG-1 (lots of Weir fans from what I've seen) yet you don't mind bringing your favorite character back with a plot device used several times in the past. like I said, just an observation

The problem with Sci-Fi is that, while having a broad spectrum for story potential, it ends up having similar plot devices because of the nature of the shows. If there are robots, or nanites, or AUs, or wormholes, or resurrection machines, or evil genetically-experimenting governments, or alien-vampire thingies, the general premise of what they do is going to be used over again. Having gone on for 10 years, SG-1 is going to have a host of them, and being similar production teams, there's no surprise some plot devices are being rehashed in Atlantis. Anyway Weir comes back, it's going to have been seen somewhere.

Not all Weir fans think SGA constantly redoes SG-1. I don't...I think it's fundamentally different, that's why I liked Weir, because she wasn't Hammond or Landry. So long as they keep the center of the story on Atlantis, and not on off-world expeditions, then I'll continue to think that.

SMB_BOOKS
December 14th, 2007, 12:12 PM

I'll be honest and say I'm not thrilled with SG-1 characters being brought over to SGA. I was fine with the SGA team the way it was in Season 3 and thought that group offered lots of potential for storylines and ongoing growth. IMO, that team had great chemistry and with Weir and Carson both gone now, the team has lost that magic and I can't invest in or identify with the S4 team like I did the S3 team. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the characters of John, Rodney, Teyla and Ronon. It's just not the same winning ensemble I want to go out of my way to watch every week. Some fans think the off-world team should be the center of the show. That was never how I saw SGA. I saw the expedition as the focus of the show, not the offworld team. Meaning Atlantis-based episodes should have been a strong part of the mix along with offworld exploration. Right or wrong, that's the way it was for me.

So, as far as SG-1 characters coming to Atlantis for regular cast spots, nope not my cup of tea.

As far as the rehashing of SG-1 storylines, that doesn't ruffle my feathers as much. I only watched Sg-1 occasionally, so I honestly don't notice when a plot line, etc. from SG-1 shows up on SGA.

Make sense or am I rambling again?

Jumper_One
December 14th, 2007, 12:41 PM
I don't know...the last one would make an interesting plotline, considering Rodney's sister now has 'inactive' nanites in her system. Though they were fundamentally different, because they didn't 'replicate' the organs in Jeannie's system, there are all kinds of ways in which they could be written to go evil, if the writers wanted it. In the same way, there is always the possibility that Weir's nanites can become an asset.

I agree there are a lot of possibilities, I just don't see one them happening. but that's just my opinion ;)

IThe problem with Sci-Fi is that, while having a broad spectrum for story potential, it ends up having similar plot devices because of the nature of the shows. If there are robots, or nanites, or AUs, or wormholes, or resurrection machines, or evil genetically-experimenting governments, or alien-vampire thingies, the general premise of what they do is going to be used over again. Having gone on for 10 years, SG-1 is going to have a host of them, and being similar production teams, there's no surprise some plot devices are being rehashed in Atlantis. Anyway Weir comes back, it's going to have been seen somewhere.

you're absolutely right, there are bound to be some similarities. but I was trying to say, there are some people who complain about those resemblances (especially between SG-1 and SGA) yet when a plot device used several times on SG-1 could be responsible for bringing their favorite character back they're fine with it. don't you think this is odd?

Not all Weir fans think SGA constantly redoes SG-1. I don't...I think it's fundamentally different, that's why I liked Weir, because she wasn't Hammond or Landry. So long as they keep the center of the story on Atlantis, and not on off-world expeditions, then I'll continue to think that.

oh don't get me wrong, I in no way wanted to imply that every Weir fan thinks of Atlantis as a SG-1 rehash, that's certainly not true. however if you read the thread about the similarities I believe you'll fin da lot of complaining comes from pro-Weir people. again this is just an observation, no accusations or anything

I'll be honest and say I'm not thrilled with SG-1 characters being brought over to SGA. I was fine with the SGA team the way it was in Season 3 and thought that group offered lots of potential for storylines and ongoing growth. IMO, that team had great chemistry and with Weir and Carson both gone now, the team has lost that magic and I can't invest in or identify with the S4 team like I did the S3 team. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the characters of John, Rodney, Teyla and Ronon. It's just not the same winning ensemble I want to go out of my way to watch every week. Some fans think the off-world team should be the center of the show. That was never how I saw SGA. I saw the expedition as the focus of the show, not the offworld team. Meaning Atlantis-based episodes should have been a strong part of the mix along with offworld exploration. Right or wrong, that's the way it was for me.

So, as far as SG-1 characters coming to Atlantis for regular cast spots, nope not my cup of tea.

As far as the rehashing of SG-1 storylines, that doesn't ruffle my feathers as much. I only watched Sg-1 occasionally, so I honestly don't notice when a plot line, etc. from SG-1 shows up on SGA.

Make sense or am I rambling again?

no you're not rambling, I'm glad you replied :)

first let me say I understand your frustration, it sucks if your favorite character and others get killed off or leave the show. I felt the same way about s9 and 10 of SG-1 but I've learned to accept it

now, so far only Carter as a former SG-1 character has been brought over to Atlantis. Teal'c and Daniel may visit but that will most likely be it. if you think the ensemble in s1-3 was great and you don't like the s4 team, that's alright. I happen to disagree but I certainly understand from where you're coming from. however a show has to improve and apparently TBTB felt this was the right way. there's no way of knowing how s4 would've turned out if nobody had been killed off. it might've been pretty crappy...or not, who knows

since you haven't watched SG-1 the discussion about certain similarities doesn't have to concern you. good for you ;)

Mattathias2.0
December 14th, 2007, 12:49 PM
A nea idea.

Suppose Jeannie's nanites are sent a program by the Archetype (Human-Form Replicator built of Earth nanites that escapes in Outcast) and a year and a half down the road, they activate and take her over becoming a huge threat to Earth in some way or another (maybe attemtping to contact the Replicators from Pegasus or the Milky Way Reps).

More or less, Weir is needed in order to reprogram the nanites within Jeannie's bloodstream, because the same device that allowed her to not get killed by Rodyney in Lifeline is what is needed to do so to Jeannie. While Rodney could try, it could take weeks or even months, and Jeannie could be dead by then, Weir would be able to do it in seconds.

It's an idea. Doubt it would happen.

Fenrir Foxz
December 14th, 2007, 12:51 PM
A nea idea.

Suppose Jeannie's nanites are sent a program by the Archetype (Human-Form Replicator built of Earth nanites that escapes in Outcast) and a year and a half down the road, they activate and take her over becoming a huge threat to Earth in some way or another (maybe attemtping to contact the Replicators from Pegasus or the Milky Way Reps).

More or less, Weir is needed in order to reprogram the nanites within Jeannie's bloodstream, because the same device that allowed her to not get killed by Rodyney in Lifeline is what is needed to do so to Jeannie. While Rodney could try, it could take weeks or even months, and Jeannie could be dead by then, Weir would be able to do it in seconds.

Good Idea though...

Mattathias2.0
December 14th, 2007, 12:59 PM
The drawback is Weir's whereabouts would have to be established prior in order for us to contact her. But then DupliWeir could be used for the same purpose (nanites are in her bloodstream as well).

It's a rough outline. But could certainly be developed to bring Weir in somehow.

Jumper_One
December 14th, 2007, 01:01 PM
A nea idea.

interesting idea :)

question though: maybe I'm missing something but why do they need Weir again? if the only thing capable of saving Jeannie is a device used in 'Lifeline', then why can't Rodney use it? as far as I know Weir has absolutely no knowledge of this kind of stuff. I haven't watched 'Lifeline' in over two months, can't really remember much except the main plot, so please tell me if I'm wrong

oh and I agree, it'll probably never happen

Mattathias2.0
December 14th, 2007, 06:15 PM
interesting idea :)

question though: maybe I'm missing something but why do they need Weir again? if the only thing capable of saving Jeannie is a device used in 'Lifeline', then why can't Rodney use it? as far as I know Weir has absolutely no knowledge of this kind of stuff. I haven't watched 'Lifeline' in over two months, can't really remember much except the main plot, so please tell me if I'm wrong

oh and I agree, it'll probably never happen

because we don't know why McKay couldn't turn off Weir's nanites, but clearly it was some sort of override of programming (some way or another). In any case, Weir being able to reprogram them would be the thing taking far faster than McKay tediously attempting to.

Jumper_One
December 14th, 2007, 06:17 PM
because we don't know why McKay couldn't turn off Weir's nanites, but clearly it was some sort of override of programming (some way or another). In any case, Weir being able to reprogram them would be the thing taking far faster than McKay tediously attempting to.

are you saying we (the viewers) don't know or we (the viewers + Mckay) don't know? and how would RepliWeir know?

Mattathias2.0
December 14th, 2007, 06:25 PM
are you saying we (the viewers) don't know or we (the viewers + Mckay) don't know? and how would RepliWeir know?

RepliWeir would know because she accomplished it in a short period of time (in Lifeline), but McKay knows (being it touched upon in the episode) but the time to accomplish this could take longer than we have (to save Jeannie's life).

Like I said, alot of things would have to be established in order for it to work.

Jumper_One
December 14th, 2007, 06:30 PM
RepliWeir would know because she accomplished it in a short period of time (in Lifeline), but McKay knows (being it touched upon in the episode) but the time to accomplish this could take longer than we have (to save Jeannie's life).

Like I said, alot of things would have to be established in order for it to work.

ah ok thanks. so both RepliWeir and Rodney know, however RepliWeir would accomplish it much faster than our brilliant scientist

well at least you had a good idea, there's always room for improvement :)

hm I should really rewatch 'Lifeline'

Mattathias2.0
December 14th, 2007, 06:32 PM
ah ok thanks. so both RepliWeir and Rodney know, however RepliWeir would accomplish it much faster than our brilliant scientist.

well at least you had a good idea, there's always room for improvement :)

hm I should really rewatch 'Lifeline'

Yes, it was a rough outline, and would require several other events to occur in order for it to work.

Jumper_One
December 14th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Yes, it was a rough outline, and would require several other events to occur in order for it to work.

true and it probably won't happen but I still like the basic idea. and kudos for coming up with this 'plot' :)

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
December 22nd, 2007, 08:38 PM
according to gateworld Weir will be in Spoils of war.

Stargate_atlantis-
January 4th, 2008, 01:58 AM
I dont think they will kill her. If she dies i feel the show will go down hill. Sort of like the oc so to speak. I thought it would be good if marissa died but the show got bad ratings and it ended up getting the axe but i love Weir and i couldnt handle her death she can make it through

Anuna
January 4th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Well everything I saw related to Weir up to now was pretty much cruel. First she was made into something she never wanted to be, ended up being a plot device and a scape goat, then she was "killed" off screen (but the real Weir is probbably still alive) and if she ends up being killed off again - I think "cruel" doesn't even begin to describe her current "storyline".

I am so dissapointed with this new season that I can't bring myself to expect anything good out of it, especially not for Weir.